Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Forester
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yah same I reserved the base but could see myself in a black diamond. What do you think of base squatch vs black diamond?
I'm in the exact same spot...reserved 2DR base with thoughts of adding Sasquatch package but could totally see going with a Black Diamond instead or building base with MT, and factory lift, lockers and 17" wheels. All comes down to what options are available and pricing. Should have an answer in a few weeks.
Sponsored

Studawg

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Excursion, 96 Land Cruiser, 18 Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yah same I reserved the base but could see myself in a black diamond. What do you think of base squatch vs black diamond?
I love the Sasquatch but Ive even contemplated getting a 4 cyl manual, and adding a 2 inch lift and 35s, just so I can get a manual. Also trying to decide whether Id be ok with a Sasquatch with the 4 cyl automatic, on any model. I just don't know and guess I won't know exactly what I want until the final options and build page are available.

qwertisk

Base
First Name
qwertisk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm in the exact same spot...reserved 2DR base with thoughts of adding Sasquatch package but could totally see going with a Black Diamond instead or building base with MT, and factory lift, lockers and 17" wheels. All comes down to what options are available and pricing. Should have an answer in a few weeks.
Yah, the price will matter a lot for me as well, I’m choosing between those 2 because I want at least a rear locker which comes on the Black Diamond. But if a base Sasquatch is much less $$ than i might just go with that instead

qwertisk

Base
First Name
qwertisk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I love the Sasquatch but Ive even contemplated getting a 4 cyl manual, and adding a 2 inch lift and 35s, just so I can get a manual. Also trying to decide whether Id be ok with a Sasquatch with the 4 cyl automatic, on any model. I just don't know and guess I won't know exactly what I want until the final options and build page are available.
That’s also what I am wondering, I’ve seen many posts and writing of ppl saying 35s on a 4cyl is not good. And I am totally ignorant in that area so I don’t know if that’s true

Studawg

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Excursion, 96 Land Cruiser, 18 Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
That’s also what I am wondering, I’ve seen many posts and writing of ppl saying 35s on a 4cyl is not good. And I am totally ignorant in that area so I don’t know if that’s true
In my opinion, to say "35s on a 4 cyl is not good" is just oversimplifying things.

Now if its a weak, 160 HP 4 cylinder automatic with highway gears trying to turn 35s, that's one thing. But a 270 HP Turbo 4 with 300 ft/lbs torque and which is geared properly turning 35s, that's not a problem.

That orange 2 door that Ford has been showing is sitting on 37s!, and it has a manual, which is only offered on the 4 cyl. Don't know if that's a special one off or something, but it looks to me like that's a 4 cyl on 37s, not 35s.

Sponsored

BronchoPeat

Base
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.evergreenclothier.com
Vehicle(s)
'18 Tiguan S w/4motion | '14 Fiesta SE Hatchback
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

In my opinion, to say "35s on a 4 cyl is not good" is just oversimplifying things.

Now if its a weak, 160 HP 4 cylinder automatic with highway gears trying to turn 35s, that's one thing. But a 270 HP Turbo 4 with 300 ft/lbs torque and which is geared properly turning 35s, that's not a problem.

That orange 2 door that Ford has been showing is sitting on 37s!, and it has a manual, which is only offered on the 4 cyl. Don't know if that's a special one off or something, but it looks to me like that's a 4 cyl on 37s, not 35s.
I agree, that’s such a vague statement. I’d imagine that Ford is only offering the 35s with the 4.7 final drive for a reason. That plus a nicely powered 4 cyl should get the job done for most.

If they didn’t think this through then I guess a lot of us will be the butt of some joke on a wrangler forum in about a year or so ha!

buildbigboats

Black Diamond
First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Forester
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm heavily basing my possible selection of a Black Diamond on what I thought was rear locker as standard. Saw that stated in Reveal promo material BUT when I look at latest Ford site it's not listed as standard. Most likely a deal breaker for me. Anyone have any insight on this?
https://www.ford.com/suvs/bronco/2021/models/bronco-black-diamond/

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm heavily basing my possible selection of a Black Diamond on what I thought was rear locker as standard. Saw that stated in Reveal promo material BUT when I look at latest Ford site it's not listed as standard.
You are correct that site shows it moved to 'optional'. But the launch materials clearly list it as standard:

Ford Bronco Black Diamond Bronco Thread 1595882078260

Ford Bronco Black Diamond Bronco Thread 1595882106886

stik0401

Big Bend
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Mustang and new Bronco ordered
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I'm heavily basing my possible selection of a Black Diamond on what I thought was rear locker as standard. Saw that stated in Reveal promo material BUT when I look at latest Ford site it's not listed as standard. Most likely a deal breaker for me. Anyone have any insight on this?
https://www.ford.com/suvs/bronco/2021/models/bronco-black-diamond/
It still shows it in this doc, will for sure be standard on this one.

https://www.ford.com/cmslibs/conten.../suvs/bronco/2021/pdf/21_Bronco_lineup_HR.pdf

buildbigboats

Black Diamond
First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Forester
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You are correct that site shows it moved to 'optional'. But the launch materials clearly list it as standard:

1595882078260.png

1595882106886.png
Hope
It still shows it in this doc, will for sure be standard on this one.

https://www.ford.com/cmslibs/conten.../suvs/bronco/2021/pdf/21_Bronco_lineup_HR.pdf
Sure hope so. Maybe website just needs to catch up. All will be clear when the build & pricing functionality is available....in the meantime just watching, wondering, speculating. Maybe I should step away until then!

Sponsored

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Proudy202

Black Diamond
First Name
Ash
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Frank N

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

The only thing I am certain on is I don't know what I am doing until the build and price is released.