Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outer Banks 4 door on order-Transwest Ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

2024 OB coming in next month. Hard time finding decent steel wheels in 18” or 17”. Every aftermarket is pushing alloy. Must be stronger demand. My belief steel is stronger, better bead, less expensive to buy/replace.

Looking to possibly powder coat body color and mount 17 x 7.5 OEM steelIes. My understanding they are same as an OB
6 x 139.7. Should mount on OB without any issue…..

Been in contact with Ford district service rep to check on potential warranty concerns or suspension/brake issues. Unfortunately rep toes the corporate line. ..references operators manual and list of items that could affect warranty.

Does anyone have knowledge of potential issues with brakes or suspension when mounting 17 x 17.5 steel on an 18” OB? turning radius should not be an issue not going with wide base.

Any aftermarket that offers steel wheels that don’t look like they came off of a 1976 GMC pick up?

Don’t want bling. Just a good Utility look.
Sponsored

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You won't have any issues however you'll want to stay in the same overall tire diameter as OB...the wheel diameter won't matter so long as the tire O.D. is the same or close. Much smaller or larger O.D. will affect your speedo reading.

OP
OP
NYtoCALI

NYtoCALI

Outer Banks
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thanks for the info.
You’re spot on. Need to make sure the revs are close. I found a 285/70R 17 that’s a few revs off from the stock 255. Shouldn’t be a big deal. Just so hard to find aftermarket steel that look decent.. I’ll keep searching. If not, go OEM.
Good to hear there shouldn’t be issues mounting..not affecting braking or suspension.

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for the info.
You’re spot on. Need to make sure the revs are close. I found a 285/70R 17 that’s a few revs off from the stock 255. Shouldn’t be a big deal. Just so hard to find aftermarket steel that look decent.. I’ll keep searching. If not, go OEM.
Good to hear there shouldn’t be issues mounting..not affecting braking or suspension.
Keep checking the for sale thread here, BD steelies pop up fairly often.

Tdub0527

Badlands
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands, 2019 BMW X3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

FB marketplace and Craigslist are also great stops to find Steelies. I got 5 for $300 which k felt was fair. Just did a search in my area and see some available now.

Sponsored

lapazleo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

FB marketplace and Craigslist are also great stops to find Steelies. I got 5 for $300 which k felt was fair. Just did a search in my area and see some available now.
They are all over e bay as well. Bought brand new oem bd steelies for $65 a piece from a wheel dealer.

OP
OP
NYtoCALI

NYtoCALI

Outer Banks
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thanks for the info. 6×139.7?
Could you provide the name of the eBay seller? Same wheel via Ford dealer $140 per. Local OfferUp or Facebook $85-$100 per.

Mortonm

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If you are looking for steel wheels I would definitely just go with the factory ones, they are really nice and are already powder coated, right size offset everything!

I have a black diamond, they look great.

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
I
.......... My belief steel is stronger, better bead, less expensive to buy/replace. .......
Not when it comes to the Bronco, some guys are literally giving away their alloy wheels because that can't get $100 for a set, with take-off wheel/tires from the BB and OBX some are having a tough time dumping them for $400, the only thing going for less money is the Base 16" steelies with 30" tires around here.

beerbar

Outer Banks
First Name
Bubba
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I just used the stock OBX rims. I actually like them now. They are a dime a dozen on FB Marketplace so are the stock tires. All 5 rims with new tires are going for 300-500
Sponsored