David Cook
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

BD checks all my boxes...the 'feel' of Marine Grade Vinyl seats is probably more important to me than the headlights
Marine grade vinyl seats are an amazing option. Where I live (Southwest Florida) afternoon thunderstorms are a daily thing. Will dig that I don't have to worry if the wife and I are tooling around with the top off and we get drenched.
Sponsored

BroncoFanBoy

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Different wheels. Imagine steels
Yep looks like black diamond with Sasquatch. But that isn’t the steel bumper is it? That looks like the plastic

Dirt

Black Diamond
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F250
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Headlights on Black Diamond aren't quite the same as higher trims as mentioned above. They are still very attractive, though. You can see from the badge on the photo attached this is definitely a Black Diamond. Thoughts?

DA11B2FA-8202-4B4A-82A8-881EC323BBDC.jpeg

I think the headlight and yellow marker lights setup in the base/black diamond trims look better than the upper trim's halos. I wouldn't change a thing about it.

BroncoFanBoy

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

BD checks all my boxes...the 'feel' of Marine Grade Vinyl seats is probably more important to me than the headlights
Agree. If I have LEDs and can see well, don’t really care if it’s not “signature”. If they called the ones with amber “signature” everyone would want them because they are more retro or something.

Dr.Z

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Headlights on Black Diamond aren't quite the same as higher trims as mentioned above. They are still very attractive, though. You can see from the badge on the photo attached this is definitely a Black Diamond. Thoughts?

DA11B2FA-8202-4B4A-82A8-881EC323BBDC.jpeg
Maybe it’s a Frankenstein, it has fog lights and BD doesn’t... I believe

Sponsored

ChrisMeyers

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
It is a Franken. Basically none of the models they trotted out on launch day are actual specific trims. They have wrong interiors, wrong grills, wrong wheels etc etc. I shouldnt say wrong, mismatched. But you get the point.

Jennylo38

Black Diamond
First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Couple rambling thoughts here for the 2dr 7mt black diamond I reserved:
  • I would have loved for the rubber floor in the base+sasquatch but the combo with skids, sliders, bumpers, vinyl seats and locker makes it worth it for me .
  • If the Sasquatch upgrade is bananas in cost, the ford 2" lift might be my compensation.
  • General grabber's get great reviews, But I have had great luck and love for Cooper ST Maxx and at3.
  • I hope android auto is standard, Wireless or not doesn't matter to me, I prefer to charge my phone in the car anyway.
  • I pray the 2dr rear seats fold flat with the rear floor.
  • A tune will take care of power, ( 320 horsepower and 355 lb-ft according to Road and track in the ranger). This is still within the 7mt power handling specs.
In Summary I think our choice was the choice for Function>fashion .

BuckeyeinNV

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I don't have major off-road experience. I want to get into overlanding in groups and being able to keep up with the majority of the group, on at least the difficult routes/lines, maybe not the most difficult though, as I gain experience in my Bronco. I want to be able to go over some stuff while on the way to camp.

Would having only the rear locker be an issue for me in the future? Example on YouTube I'm thinking at a level like some of the group outings on Litebrite, Or Rogue Overland, or Arkansas Offroad. Watched this one yesterday, see at about 15:15 minutes for example:
If you're gonna do that kind of stuff you should just 'Squatch it up. If you get into it you're gonna want to lift it and put better tires on very quickly anyway. I think all of the trims with 32" tires are going to have about 9" of ground clearance (8.3 -.4" that they published for the Base model plus .7" from the taller 32" tires) which isn't great. Most people who do that stuff in 4Runners lift them 2-3" and put on 33s like the gray one in that video.

jbe89

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It should, it says it contains everything on Big Bend except as replaced, and Bid Bend has LED’s

Sponsored

jbe89

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I am between carbonized gray and antimatter blue. I’ll need to see them in person on the 2021 F-150 before picking. The rendering of gray is definitely way off, it looks dark green. I’m hoping Ford adds real pictures of the Bronco in all colors before ordering goes live.

Ford Bronco Black Diamond Bronco Thread 6ext3

Ford Bronco Black Diamond Bronco Thread 1ext5

Ford Bronco Black Diamond Bronco Thread 1ext1

Ford Bronco Black Diamond Bronco Thread 2ext3

Ford Bronco Black Diamond Bronco Thread ext1

Ford Bronco Black Diamond Bronco Thread 4ext2

Ford Bronco Black Diamond Bronco Thread int1

Ford Bronco Black Diamond Bronco Thread int2

BroncoFanBoy

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I am between carbonized gray and antimatter blue. I’ll need to see them in person on the 2021 F-150 before picking. The rendering of gray is definitely way off, it looks dark green. I’m hoping Ford adds real pictures of the Bronco in all colors before ordering goes live.

Ford Bronco Black Diamond Bronco Thread u725_fna_shot_041_49902_ext_skid_plate_detail_johnson_valley

Ford Bronco Black Diamond Bronco Thread u725_fna_shot_041_49902_ext_skid_plate_detail_johnson_valley

If you go to fords bronco webpage there is a colorizer that should give you truer colors on the vehicle

jbe89

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I’m not sure if that is Iconic Silver or Carbonized Gray. Iconic Silver has a lot of gray in it and is fairly dark. I don’t consider the pictures currently up to be accurate for the actual production colors as they are largely computer generated.

MinxShoals

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outback / XC40
Your Bronco Model
Base
I think the headlight and yellow marker lights setup in the base/black diamond trims look better than the upper trim's halos. I wouldn't change a thing about it.
Agree. If I have LEDs and can see well, don’t really care if it’s not “signature”. If they called the ones with amber “signature” everyone would want them because they are more retro or something.
Agreed. I thought I was one of the few that actually prefer the look of the standard headlights.

It's funny how marketing actually works.
Sponsored