Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Rav4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Hi

First post here

Reserved my Bronco a few days ago. Was looking at getting my first Jeep ever recently but then they announce the Bronco on Monday and I said see yah Jeep

This will be my first ever Bronco/Outdoor/Off-roading type vehicle (I am still young)

I went for the Outerbanks but kept debating between that one and the BD. I am thinking I am leaning towards the BD mainly for the Vinyl Seats and flooring

I will be honest though, I don't plan to take this off-roading. I do plan to have a blast with it though, doors, roof off, cruise the heck out of it with me, my wife, and kids. I would have gone the Big Bend for that reason but I REALLY love the Orange which is not available in the BB. Plus I like easy clean up of seats and mats

I went with the 2 door because it looks so much better IMO BUT the 4-door seems more practical for what I want in the future

For people that I have had these type of vehicles before, what are your thoughts between BD/OB and 2 vs 4 Door?

I am so excited!
Sponsored

Ripcurl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DodgeRam 1500 Laramie, HarleyDavidson 48
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If it is meant to be a full time family vehicle, your group of four might be cramped in the 2DR

The OB and BD are targeted at two different usages although there are desirable features some would want on both, The BD is more armored underneath and you wouldn’t want those side step rails from the OB in some more demanding off road/crawl situations

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yeaaaaaa that's not exactly flat looking.
This is an important issue to me so I've paid close attention. Here's how a Ford engineer explained it in another thread:
1. rear sear cushion swivels toward the front seats
2. rear seat backs fold flat atop the cushions once headrests swivel up
3. that leaves a 2-tiered load floor
4. the optional 'cargo tray' inserts to produce a level load floor

Ford Bronco Black Diamond Bronco Thread 1595174289775

Ford Bronco Black Diamond Bronco Thread 1595174326130

Not 'ideal', but workable for me.

Jason

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands & 2023 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hi

First post here

Reserved my Bronco a few days ago. Was looking at getting my first Jeep ever recently but then they announce the Bronco on Monday and I said see yah Jeep

This will be my first ever Bronco/Outdoor/Off-roading type vehicle (I am still young)

I went for the Outerbanks but kept debating between that one and the BD. I am thinking I am leaning towards the BD mainly for the Vinyl Seats and flooring

I will be honest though, I don't plan to take this off-roading. I do plan to have a blast with it though, doors, roof off, cruise the heck out of it with me, my wife, and kids. I would have gone the Big Bend for that reason but I REALLY love the Orange which is not available in the BB. Plus I like easy clean up of seats and mats

I went with the 2 door because it looks so much better IMO BUT the 4-door seems more practical for what I want in the future

For people that I have had these type of vehicles before, what are your thoughts between BD/OB and 2 vs 4 Door?

I am so excited!
Since I have young kids, that meant I went with 4 door, rubber floors, and vinyl seats. I live in CO, so I want those off-road extras included in the BD.

While your Bronco may not go off road, that interior will take a beating :).

tyrobronco

Badlands
First Name
CC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco,2017 Ford Fusion Energi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is an important issue to me so I've paid close attention. Here's how a Ford engineer explained it in another thread:

The top picture is the seats leaning forward but not correctly set up for a flat storage.

People are freaking thinking the person who took the picture did anything more than took a picture. Basically, the same people freaking about that picture should be freak g the rear door is open and all your stuff will fall out! :p

54 cubic feet (with seats correctly down) will likely be about 4+ feet deep, 4+ feet wide and around a little less than 3 feet high.

Sponsored

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The whole signature headlight
Perfect, can't go back to Halogen after LED's, maybe Bixenon's if anything
Hi

First post here

I am so excited!
Are you getting married or having kids anytime soon. If not, get a 2dr

Black Diamonds essentially a Sport + with Armor, Outerbanks is a Mall Crawling Sahara, though can't go wrong with either

Last edited:

Steeler412

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Manual Sas 2 Door, 2006 F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Well, know i know I NEED the optional 'cargo tray' inserts. Thank you for that explanation!

Yolobaggins

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Rav4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If it is meant to be a full time family vehicle, your group of four might be cramped in the 2DR

The OB and BD are targeted at two different usages although there are desirable features some would want on both, The BD is more armored underneath and you wouldn’t want those side step rails from the OB in some more demanding off road/crawl situations

My wife has a big SUV too. Thanks for the help

Since I have young kids, that meant I went with 4 door, rubber floors, and vinyl seats. I live in CO, so I want those off-road extras included in the BD.

While your Bronco may not go off road, that interior will take a beating :).
I like your thinking on the BD too, same as what I am thinking. Easy clean up. I also wouldn't be worried about passing showers or spills, etc

Are you getting married or having kids anytime soon. If not, get a 2dr

Black Diamonds essentially a Sport + with Armor, Outerbanks is a Small Crawling Sahara, though can't go wrong with either
Married currently, no kids yet but will be soon, within a year or so. Thanks for the help. Wish the 4D was cheaper LOL

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My wife has a big SUV too. Thanks for the help

So the bronco's your toy, the family'll understand

I like your thinking on the BD too, same as what I am thinking. Easy clean up. I also wouldn't be worried about passing showers or spills, etc

see, sells itself right there

Married currently, no kids yet but will be soon, within a year or so. Thanks for the help. Wish the 4D was cheaper LOL
Damn auto correct calling it small xD I'm single w/a gf, and even if I were to have kids, feel the rarity of the 2dr in comparison is worth making the kids climb into the back

Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Well, looks like you lose cargo space with the cargo tray. I’ll permanently remove the seat and build a storage device to cover the foot well area to be even with the rest of the back.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I’ll permanently remove the seat
anything's removable I guess. Seems the engineer I quoted said the seat isn't designed to be removed...and you'd still have some hefty mounting brackets to contend with. If it works out for you, I'll bring mine over :)

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

anything's removable I guess. Seems the engineer I quoted said the seat isn't designed to be removed...and you'd still have some hefty mounting brackets to contend with. If it works out for you, I'll bring mine over :)
They’re not designed to be removed in a Tacoma either, but there’s plenty of aftermarket options for flat storage for that area once removed. The same will happen for the Bronco. A few bolts, build a flat tray with storage underneath, and you’ll have a nice flat surface up to the front seat for max cargo area.

This is an example of what I will build for the Bronco foot well area once seats are removed:https://aventuron.com/products/goos...MI7b3ApvrZ6gIVSrzACh03Fgt7EAQYAyABEgLOGfD_BwE