Bronc-OH

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep XK, Jeep WJ
Your Bronco Model
Base
I think a lot of folks are going to be dissappointed in those 31.6 inch tires.
The brand, size or tread? I run 31's on my wj with varilock's and it does just as good as my JK on 33's and rear lsd.
Sponsored

Bronc-OH

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep XK, Jeep WJ
Your Bronco Model
Base
@kodiakisland, how much stronger is the M210 front axle in the Badlands vs. the M190 front axle in the BD? I have a BD reserved, but have been going back and forth as I really want both the front and rear lockers (and not just the rear).

I know I could get it all with the Squatch package. However, I don't really need all the other stuff that comes with that package.
This might help you. http://global.dana.com/~/media/dana...les-featuring-advantek-gearing-spec-sheet.pdf

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The brand, size or tread? I run 31's on my wj with varilock's and it does just as good as my JK on 33's and rear lsd.
I'd say the combination of it. 31s are great on a work truck, but don't offer a lot of clearance for many situations. I want my 32s to be at least 32.5 or so, like a 285/70/17 or even taller. Funny how tire sizes are so easily rounded up.

Bronc-OH

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep XK, Jeep WJ
Your Bronco Model
Base
I think those worried about the ring size should look at some specs. Jl base front d30 is a m186 and people run locked 33's and open 35's on those all day with no issues and some keep the axle disconnect. The m190 should be slightly stronger given size and "advantek" specs.

ChaseH9

Black Diamond
First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I chose BD for the marine-grade vinyl and washout interior. I really plan to use this thing with maximum airflow nearly 3 quarters of the year. 4dr carbonized grey. I was set on the squatch until I realized it was automatic only. That will likely be a deal breaker. Will probably upgrade to mid package assuming it doesn't top $4,500, especially if I don't get the squatch.

Edit: Adding that I'll get the modular hard top.

Last edited:

Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I think those worried about the ring size should look at some specs. Jl base front d30 is a m186 and people run locked 33's and open 35's on those all day with no issues and some keep the axle disconnect. The m190 should be slightly stronger given size and "advantek" specs.
Dana 30s are decent for what they are, but there's a reason they have so many aftermarket upgrades.

If I was planning to really rock crawl and absolutely stress my ring and pinion, I would not choose a 7.5 inch gear to do it. I've seen far too many 9in gears destroyed to trust a 7.5. If given the choice, I much rather have the 8in gears.

For most it won't matter, but like I said, if rock crawling was really in the future, the front axle upgrade is worth it. Of course, the M190 doesn't come with the locker, so it's probably a moot point.

Cooknn

Badlands
First Name
David Cook
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'd say the combination of it. 31s are great on a work truck, but don't offer a lot of clearance for many situations. I want my 32s to be at least 32.5 or so, like a 285/70/17 or even taller. Funny how tire sizes are so easily rounded up.
Hah, yeah. Owner at work has 35’s. That's what is says on the tire. I measured. They are 33-inches from the ground to the top.

For the look I'm after 32 will be perfect.

0930F05C-3230-44E9-A901-831B7EA6C360.jpeg

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hah, yeah. Owner at work has 35’s. That's what is says on the tire. I measured. They are 33-inches from the ground to the top.

For the look I'm after 32 will be perfect.

Ford Bronco Black Diamond Bronco Thread 0930F05C-3230-44E9-A901-831B7EA6C360
Those fill the wheel wells.

Dirt

Black Diamond
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F250
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It is the model I am most interested in

The more and more I sit here and marinate on the Bronco, the more I gravitate from picking up a Basesquatch as a starting point to the Black Diamond.

BaseMod

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Frontier 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I just thought I would mention that I saw a 2-door BD in the flesh today and it looked incredible. The General Grabbers looked nice and knobby and paired well with the steel wheels. The steel front bumper looked awesome too. Even without the Sasquatch package, it had a great stance.

Wait, no pics? You’re not even trying, ?

Sponsored

Sighlense

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - 2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Cooknn

Badlands
First Name
David Cook
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Found out yesterday that Ford brass confirmed A/Z Plan will be honored for the Bronco. That gives me more bang for my buck. I reserved a BD and would have been happy with the 32’s, retro headlights and 8” screen, etc but I’ll be “happier” with all that the Badlands trim has to offer. My dealer told me this morning no problem changing this when it’s order time. Hasta la vista ;)

Badgerbrown

Black Diamond
First Name
Badger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F-150 and a 1979 VW Beetle Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I am going with the 4DR BD due to the rubber floors and vinyl seats; 2.7 and hard tops with the higher end black wheels.

Rapid Red with black all around, but... the cactus grey and white really has me reconsidering.

Ford Bronco Black Diamond Bronco Thread Ford Bronco Cactus Gray White To

Mopar2Bronco2021

Base
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Dodge Charger RT 5.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
I was between the Base w/ Sasquatch and the Black Diamond without, one locker is good enough and I'd prefer 33's w/ 4.27 axle to 35's w/4.7's, but got turned off with the rubber floor and vinyl seats, I want carpet and fabric (I'll probably never have the top fully off.) I'm hoping the Base Sasquatch comes in under Black Diamond $$

I could also do a Base w/o Sasquatch if the 4.27 rear locker is available as a stand alone option
The black diamond is set to have 4.27 axle? I thought it was 3.77... If this is the case then Black Diamond is the much easier choice for me vs the base w/squach

bigjwalt

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes E350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The black diamond is set to have 4.27 axle? I thought it was 3.77... If this is the case then Black Diamond is the much easier choice for me vs the base w/squach
What ratio is better for street driving? I'm looking to go with BD, but plan to upgrade tires to 33" ASAP. No looking to take this off read often either.
Sponsored