Reaction score
Website
www.ha-performance.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, Ram 1500, Range Rover
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

First setup Iā€™ve seen like this. Gives some hope to high package folks wanting a winch. Plus some other goodies like spare tire delete.

https://www.bodyguardbumpers.com/bronco-products/

6ACE485F-16D2-4602-B0BA-E08D23F18DC0.jpeg
C195B6E2-6F32-4FE6-928F-864141E4D8D7.jpeg

Added photos/notes by @Gangstead

The highlights:
  • The front and rear bumpers have the parking sensors on them
  • The front bumper has the front camera relocated so the 360Ā° view isn't messed up by the winch. Hard to see in my low light picture but it's a little pump hanging on the bottom of the light bar.
  • This is the most stealthy winch mount I've seen.
  • They were still working on ideas for a front license plate mount
  • I forgot to take a pic of the rock sliders but they had the same silver bolt contrast with the black powder coat and stuck out more so they could function as steps

1630208278158-png.png

1630208297767-png.png

(sorry for this low quality picture, this was almost dusk so there was almost no light)

1630208316621-png.png

1630208333603-png.png
I wonder of it disables the Adaptive Cruise Control and other monitoring sensors.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I really like that bumper until some of the close ups and Iā€™m not sure I love all those rivet/screws.

Lsm7581

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not a huge fan of the bumper design but very interested in more information on the camera relocation

Sponsored

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wonder of it disables the Adaptive Cruise Control and other monitoring sensors.
I reached out on Instagram and they say they move the ACC sensor behind the mesh grill on the drivers side. Iā€™d like to see a test of this.

Vinny6G

Black Diamond
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Spoke with the owner of that Bodyguard Bumper rig and they will have black bolts available. They had them ordered, just didn't arrive in time so they threw the stainless steel ones on. Also, the rear bumper will be able to accommodate the Rigid nitro lights and the smaller DD pods.

Also, when available he quoted around the $1,500 mark (each) for front and rear bumpers. Not sure on the rear tire delete or side steps.

Jdyount

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Now that we see it can be done let's see one that is a little less obnoxious...

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Was at a North Texas Bronco meetup tonight. About 16 Broncos, 8 new ones, 8 previous generations. The Bronco that stole the show was this one brought by Bodyguard
Figures, I can't go to the meet-up (wife's b-day) and something like this shows up

I like it. Appears to be a good solution for those with high package on down. Looking at how the lower bumper lines matches the skid plate lines I doubt the approach angle will suffer much at all.

If they lose the light bar I doubt that set-up would block the camera much at all and probably could have left it in the factory location.

I got good intel that another local fabricator will be offering a similar set-up that drops the winch inside the bumper too. Theirs will have some lower vents for the intercooler (something that this unit is in need of) and possibly offer a ACC relocate option that moves the sensor off to the side for lux package folks.

Edit. Also, get ready for most aftermarket bumpers to look similar with sharp angles and edges. Look at Jeep stuff to get an idea. It is much easier for fabricators to bend steel plate rather than roll it.

Last edited:

dweskamp

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GMC truck
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

looks pretty good, still won't work with my Bronco with LUX package though. Also will screw up the 360 camera view a bit I'm sure. But if you don't have those things, this looks like a nice alternative. Like the built in lights too, I'd never put a light bar on top, but this is well integrated.
And yes, those side rails/steps look very interesting too. Glad to see the aftermarket starting to put stuff out!
Camera has a clear view, maybe with leds on could mess it up.

Sponsored

the poacher

Badlands
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 ford ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That would be an excellent front bumper without the built in light bar. Then you would not have to move the front facing camera, but still end up with a very sleek winch solution. The back bumper looks good too.

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I really like that bumper until some of the close ups and Iā€™m not sure I love all those rivet/screws.
I originally had a mean comment for you but decided to delete it... so now I gotta fill the space in here...

Move along everyone šŸ˜

Oh, and either extend bumper to outside of flares... or stop at edge of body... NOT in between like they are doing!

2021badlands bronco bob

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 civic
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'd like to see more about those rails.
Spoke with the owner of that Bodyguard Bumper rig and they will have black bolts available. They had them ordered, just didn't arrive in time so they threw the stainless steel ones on. Also, the rear bumper will be able to accommodate the Rigid nitro lights and the smaller DD pods.

Also, when available he quoted around the $1,500 mark (each) for front and rear bumpers. Not sure on the rear tire delete or side steps.
$1,500 each OMG . They must be aluminum.?
Sponsored