First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco / 2022 Harley Road King Special
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I recently ordered and received what I thought I was a Borla ATAK axle back exhaust system for my 2023 2.7 Bronco. Earlier today, I was doing the install and had the stock system off. I unboxed the ATAK exhaust and immediately noticed that the muffler is stamped “S-Type.” I checked the box label and it clearly identified the enclosed system as the Borla ATAK. After I finished installing, it was not as loud as I thought it would be.
Is there anyone with any experience or knowledge that can clear this up? In other words, did I receive a mis marked box, or does the ATAK system use the S-Type muffler?
Thanks in advance for reading and sharing any knowledge. I really don’t want the hassle of having to change out the exhaust, box up the old one and send it back.
Sponsored

OP
OP
1811RET

1811RET

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sounds like a mix-up when boxing. The vendor should make things right for you - If you didn't buy it straight from Borla and the selling vendor gives you issues, I'd reach out to Borla directly.

Kind of sucks you installed it though - They may give you some push back, as I would have stopped the install there and reached out. Regardless, it's their error and hopefully they make it right for you.

OP
OP
1811RET

1811RET

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
In hindsight I probably should not have finished the install. I looked for any vendors that were open on a Saturday so I could clarify, but found none. I think I am going to take it off tomorrow and go back to stock until I can get this resolved. My issue is that a friend helped me today and he will be out of town starting tomorrow. It is hard for me to do this by myself because I have lost a lot of my strength after dealing with some health issues.

Last edited:

JL8jeff

Base
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2door base Sasquatch 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Base
That's a bummer it had the wrong muffler in the box. But do you really want to go louder than the S-Type? These v6 engines don't sound that great when the exhaust gets too loud. Is there a big price difference between the 2 systems, maybe you can keep it and get some money back from the vendor or Borla.
Sponsored