Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19’ Escalade 06’ Lexus 470
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Has anyone heard these in person? Based on videos on Borla website I was leaning toward Borla Atak. The service manager at Ford says the Atak on other vehicles is aggressive, and can get a little “wonky” sounding on the V6. He recommends the Borla S. I was hoping someone on here has 1st person experience with the Bronco. Thanks!
Sponsored

Edsasso

Badlands
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have the touring version and I really like it, sounds great.

OP
OP

Bustinbronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Okay, thanks for the feedback!

ryn0s3r1

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Tundra 1794 Edition 4X4, 2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have the Atak. Sounds great.

Sponsored

ryn0s3r1

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is it great or a bit too loud? What about drone on the highway? Have you noticed any improvements in HP or MPH?
I absolutely love the sound of the Borla Atak. The sound examples of the Atak on the Borla website is spot on in my opinion. Unlike the performance exhaust on my pickup, the Borla Atak exhaust on my Bronco has absolutely no drone at any speed. As for improvement in horse power or mileage, I couldn’t really say since my son and I installed the Borlas within the first few days of taking delivery.

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Any Borla exhaust system is great in my opinion. You pay more but it's worth it. I had a 2016 V6 Camaro and hated the stock super quiet exhaust. I did not want to pay the price for a Borla so I opted for MBRP- half the price. So much drone at certain RPM's it was worse than stock. Took that off, then went to a local muffler shop, had them custom make a system keeping the MBRP tips. It was not better. Would have been better off and cheaper to get the Borla to begin with.

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I really want to compare the Borla to the Magnaflow Overland in person…I was gonna hold out for Borla - but, I got antsy. I like the modular aspect of the Magnaflow.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Bustinbronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I absolutely love the sound of the Borla Atak. The sound examples of the Atak on the Borla website is spot on in my opinion. Unlike the performance exhaust on my pickup, the Borla Atak exhaust on my Bronco has absolutely no drone at any speed. As for improvement in horse power or mileage, I couldn’t really say since my son and I installed the Borlas within the first few days of taking delivery.
Is the noise in the cab noticeably increased or does it blend in with the wind noise? Thanks for your input.

chris@pandamotorworks

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F250, 2013 Ford Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Has anyone heard these in person? Based on videos on Borla website I was leaning toward Borla Atak. The service manager at Ford says the Atak on other vehicles is aggressive, and can get a little “wonky” sounding on the V6. He recommends the Borla S. I was hoping someone on here has 1st person experience with the Bronco. Thanks!

It really depends on what you are looking for.

Borla makes a great product with different sound levels.

Are you looking for the loudest or something that is deep and tame?

I would be more than happy to assist you on picking the right exhaust and seeing if we can get you a great deal on a system!

Sponsored

ryn0s3r1

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is the noise in the cab noticeably increased or does it blend in with the wind noise? Thanks for your input.
Since there‘s no drone, the wind noise effectively drowns out the exhaust sound. I don’t really notice it unless I stomp on the gas for rapid acceleration, then that lovely roar comes to life.

OP
OP

Bustinbronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It really depends on what you are looking for.

Borla makes a great product with different sound levels.

Are you looking for the loudest or something that is deep and tame?

I would be more than happy to assist you on picking the right exhaust and seeing if we can get you a great deal on a system!
I don’t know about the loudest, but I like the deep sound (as deep as a V6 can be.) I don’t want it to be so loud it gets annoying on road trips and my wife starts complaining, but definitely feel like the stock exhaust is very quiet.

chris@pandamotorworks

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F250, 2013 Ford Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Ian@Borla

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Borla Exhaust
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The S-Type is going to be a bit more tame with a deeper and warmer tone. The ATAK has more mid-range frequencies and is more aggressive. There is no drone with either system. If you aren't looking for something aggressive, but still want a noticeable difference from stock, I would recommend the S-Type.

Migo

Badlands
First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The S-Type is going to be a bit more tame with a deeper and warmer tone. The ATAK has more mid-range frequencies and is more aggressive. There is no drone with either system. If you aren't looking for something aggressive, but still want a noticeable difference from stock, I would recommend the S-Type.
What level (Touring, S-Type, Attack) would the Ford Performance Exhaust by Borla be most comparable to? Thanks!
Sponsored