Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Does Borla ever get discounted like this?
They do not :(
At least don't pass their deals down to us vendors. They might do something themselves on Friday, but wouldn't hold your breath

GI_Jo_Nathan

Black Diamond
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Iconic Silver 2dr Manual Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I've been considering the Borla too.... wondering if the 'S-type' system is just the Touring without the 2nd resonator in the rear. Suppose I should give Borla a call and ask them.
It would be a nice feature if one could just add/remove the 2nd unit to change the sound.
I assume you are referring to the Climber version? If so, the difference is the actual muffler. The second rearward muffler is a separate add on item. Check out the system instructions and you can see the different part numbers for the included muffler.
This is the main reason I went with the Borla, on top of having them on several vehicles in the past. I have the Touring Climber, and wanted the option to add the rear resonator if needed. I didn't need to add it. With the S-type I may have wanted it.

Luckily it worked out because I wanted to free up the room where the stock muffler is.

GI_Jo_Nathan

Black Diamond
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Iconic Silver 2dr Manual Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Does Borla ever get discounted like this?
I bought mine discounted slightly from ebay. They have the climber systems right now for around $715.

Sponsored

OVRLNDR

Wildtrak
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Borla provide any dyno data on HP gains with their climber systems?

OverlandingPastor

Heritage
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I have it narrowed down to the Borla S or the AWE dual tip. Your getting a lot more stuff like pipes with the AWE. What about the performance claims ? The sound seems fairly similar in the videos. Please weigh in.
@Machinepirate , did you pull the trigger on one of these?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Machinepirate

Machinepirate

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Machinepirate, did you pull the trigger on one of these?
I just finished the install on the AWE car back single tip. Sounds good but early. I’ll report in a couple days. The instructions were fantastic and easy to follow. I went with the single tip because I figured it would quicker to change out to the high clearance tip for off roading.

IMG_9969.jpeg

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP
Machinepirate

Machinepirate

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thank you Machinepirate
Pastor, Day 2. I really like the exhaust. I have plenty of air flow now between the K&N intake. This was much easier install than that ! Their download instructions were great. Make your life easier and buy a pair of exhaust hanger pliers. The exhaust sounds great on startup and idle. When you get on it, nice and loud like a rocket. Minimal drone at cruise, i wont say none but tolerable. These are trucks. Youre not in a caddy.

OverlandingPastor

Heritage
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Pastor, Day 2. I really like the exhaust. I have plenty of air flow now between the K&N intake. This was much easier install than that ! Their download instructions were great. Make your life easier and buy a pair of exhaust hanger pliers. The exhaust sounds great on startup and idle. When you get on it, nice and loud like a rocket. Minimal drone at cruise, i wont say none but tolerable. These are trucks. Youre not in a caddy.
That's great to hear! It will tone down a bit as it breaks-in also so the fact that you already like it is a good sign.

LethalPerformance

Raptor
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lethalperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 First Edtion 2.7L / 2020 Shelby GT500 CF
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Hey there!

We ran the AWE exhaust on our 2.7L FE and thoroughly enjoyed the tone and volume. We ran the dual exhaust option and AWE has multiple routes (single/bashguard vs dual). The choice on tip option is purely subjective!
Check out all of the options here:
https://www.lethalperformance.com/search/?q=awe+bronco
Check out our video here:

Let us know if we can assist!
Sponsored