Sponsored

Borla exhaust sound for 2.7 -- reviews / feedback?

Earl Crume

Badlands
First Name
Earl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 bronco 2 door / 2012 f 150 xlt
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thinking about installing a Borlo touring stanless back axl e exhaust mfg. says it has a mild tone and no drone noise at highway speeds is there anyone out there that can commecnt on this system
Sponsored

Gtrekker

Wildtrak
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor, Audi, M1102 Overland Trailer 2-B
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Hey, I run a Borla "Touring Climber Cat-Back" System. In short, a single exhaust, high clearance tip, driver side exhaust. Note... the exhaust tip is barely seen at the rear bumper.

The touring version has mild sound until you get on it. If looking for a more aggressive sound (louder) do the sport.

2021 Ford Bronco Cat-Back Exhaust System
Part# 140901

VIRUS

Badlands
First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck, car, feet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have the Ford Performance Borla Sport exhaust. I don't notice any drone. It's louder than factory at idle but still pretty quiet until you accelerate. Little louder at cruising speeds but not obnoxious at all.
My wife didn't love it so I took it off and put the factory exhaust on.
I later promised that I would add sound deadening to the cargo area this spring. She let me put it back on.
One thing I've noticed is it sounds better to my ear the more miles I put on it. About 2500 miles now.
I would think the Touring exhaust would barely be noticeable unless you are accelerating hard

Sponsored

Dadsquatch

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have the Borla S-Type axle back dual exhaust for my 2.7L. I love it. I feel it's just the right amount of exhaust sound. I knew the ATAK would be too loud for me, and I was worried the Touring wasn't going to be enough, so settled on the S-Type.

For what it's worth I was pretty happy with just the stock exhaust too. I just wanted more sound, the dual exhaust tips, and I wanted it to be tucked up higher for better rear clearance.

Reactions: Rat

VIRUS

Badlands
First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck, car, feet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Its a 6. You can do everything under the sun to it, but in the end it is still going to sound like a fart can.

:p
There is truth in this statement. It does sound like that.
More like a loose fart in a can

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco | '16 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have the Ford Performance Borla Sport exhaust. I don't notice any drone. It's louder than factory at idle but still pretty quiet until you accelerate. Little louder at cruising speeds but not obnoxious at all.
My wife didn't love it so I took it off and put the factory exhaust on.
I later promised that I would add sound deadening to the cargo area this spring. She let me put it back on.
One thing I've noticed is it sounds better to my ear the more miles I put on it. About 2500 miles now.
I would think the Touring exhaust would barely be noticeable unless you are accelerating hard
I'm in the exact same scenario - exhaust, wife, and all, haha! Only I ended up keeping the stock on and the FP Exhaust is back in its box. I have the same thoughts as you on the system.

I ended up adding lots of weather stripping around the top, kilmat all the body panels, and I'm kinda liking it as a quiet sanctuary.

Been trying to sell my 1-week used FP Borla exhaust since. Eager to put the upgrade cash into other areas

LethalPerformance

Raptor
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lethalperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 First Edtion 2.7L / 2020 Shelby GT500 CF
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
We haven't tested the Borla system yet but have installed and reviewed either 10 or 11 systems so far. Lot's of great info in here for anyone interested. As always if you have any questions or need help with something please feel free to reach out.

https://www.lethalperformance.com/info/bronco-exhaust-guide
bronco_exhauist.png

OMTBiker

Outer Banks
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Tremor AMB | 2022 OBX SAS HPR
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have the Borla S-Type axle back dual exhaust for my 2.7L. I love it. I feel it's just the right amount of exhaust sound. I knew the ATAK would be too loud for me, and I was worried the Touring wasn't going to be enough, so settled on the S-Type.

For what it's worth I was pretty happy with just the stock exhaust too. I just wanted more sound, the dual exhaust tips, and I wanted it to be tucked up higher for better rear clearance.
Can you post some photos of the exhaust? From the Borla video, the tips look higher and angled down. Does it provide better clearance than the Ford Performance version?

Sponsored

Dadsquatch

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Can you post some photos of the exhaust? From the Borla video, the tips look higher and angled down. Does it provide better clearance than the Ford Performance version?
Here are some photos. The tips are higher and angled down. The muffler itself is also tucked up higher and uses a new bracket to gain clearance. The Ford Performance version is also a Borla system, so I imagine one in the same.

Ford Bronco Borla exhaust sound for 2.7 -- reviews / feedback? 61E762E9-CDC3-433A-8F9C-B992523BB191

Ford Bronco Borla exhaust sound for 2.7 -- reviews / feedback? 17DB3D6C-35E8-4AF2-8E41-2977DCE6C697

Ford Bronco Borla exhaust sound for 2.7 -- reviews / feedback? CE505B0C-917E-4F39-847A-48ACC86B92AE

OMTBiker

Outer Banks
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Tremor AMB | 2022 OBX SAS HPR
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Here are some photos. The tips are higher and angled down. The muffler itself is also tucked up higher and uses a new bracket to gain clearance. The Ford Performance version is also a Borla system, so I imagine one in the same.

Ford Bronco Borla exhaust sound for 2.7 -- reviews / feedback? CE505B0C-917E-4F39-847A-48ACC86B92AE

Awesome, thanks for the photos! The Ford Performance version is lower and points straight out the back. Will definitely go with Borla in the S-Type!

WillinMA

Wildtrak
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wildtrak, 2020 G Wagon, 2018 Audi R8 Spyder
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Thinking about installing a Borlo touring stanless back axl e exhaust mfg. says it has a mild tone and no drone noise at highway speeds is there anyone out there that can commecnt on this system
I have a touring borla cat backsystem and definitely no drone. If you search for my other posts you will find a video with the sound right after install. I'd say since that time its gotta a little deeper, but still no drone and just loud enough......

Geronimo

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma, Bronco Badlands Sad on order!
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a touring borla cat backsystem and definitely no drone. If you search for my other posts you will find a video with the sound right after install. I'd say since that time its gotta a little deeper, but still no drone and just loud enough......
I am thinking about getting the Borla touring also. I don't want annoyingly loud, just a nicer deeper sound. Also hoping tucks up more than stock. Like the look of dual. How are you liking and how was install?

Rat

Wildtrak
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 2dr Bronco Wildtrak, 22 Bronco Sport Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Its a 6. You can do everything under the sun to it, but in the end it is still going to sound like a fart can.

:p
Correct but that being said, I don’t mind the smell nor the sound of my own farts, much like the S-Type. It is better than having sound pumped through the audio system. So far I am happy with mine and the wife agrees as well, with the S-type not the farts. :)
Sponsored