Dral97

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Wrangler YJ and 392, BMW 4 series
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
With this system, it's the dealer that is more important for me. I started off with an awful dealer. Had major issues, Ford was basically of no help.

I've moved on to a different dealer one town over who is stellar and goes above and beyond. My parents owned ford autos, but I never did. This bronco is my first. Based on my current dealer situation, I'm pretty happy with it. So in the end, I credit my experience to my current dealer, not ford (though I no issues have arisen that have needed a lot of intervention from ford).

I'm that happy with them, that if I buy another Bronco (Ford, PHEV Bronco maybe?), I'll pay a bit more and go with my current dealer instead of going for an out of town high volume place. The dealer I started with had that chance to get my business, but that wipe screwed the pooch.
Sponsored

ibock

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2 Door Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Been having some bad luck with them lately, passenger side camera went out on the Bronco, transmission in the super duty, timing chain in the eco boost, water pump in the explorer, & was in the process of buying another explorer and the hold was put on for 360 camera. Not to mention the inconvenient recalls & tsb's but the worst part is there customer service. One could over look most of this if they took care of their loyal customers instead of pushing responsibility to the dealer. Rant over, any other brand recommendations.
Sorry man I know that's frustrating. I had a 2018 F150 V8 and the transmission had to be rebuilt at 40k miles. I had extended warranty to 100k so of course the AC dies at 103k miles and has to be completely replaced. Then at 105k miles the transmission went out again. I traded that piece of junk. I got suckered in by the Broncos good looks so here's to hoping the Bronco doesn't have any major issues!

Dmk08

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Walk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Been having some bad luck with them lately, passenger side camera went out on the Bronco, transmission in the super duty, timing chain in the eco boost, water pump in the explorer, & was in the process of buying another explorer and the hold was put on for 360 camera. Not to mention the inconvenient recalls & tsb's but the worst part is there customer service. One could over look most of this if they took care of their loyal customers instead of pushing responsibility to the dealer. Rant over, any other brand recommendations.
Toyota.

My 08 4runner made it to 170k miles before I sold it on only oil changes and brake pads. My wifes 2018 Highlander has 88k miles and nothing but oil changes and brake pads. I had a 2017 4runner for a while never an issue.

I got a 23 Bronco w/ 1200 miles that feels worse than any of them as far as tightness, quality, rattles, etc. I owned many Fords early in my life but this may be my last. Im already in line for one of the new LandCruisers.

Imaginary Friend

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords and a Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I've gravitated to Fords for the most part over the years having had good luck with them and I used to think that Ford was among the better of the domestics, but I'm not sure after owning my '19 F150. In the shop three times in the first 20K miles, one visit being cam phasers. The overall quality is crap compared to the '04 I had previously. My '15 Mustang has been flawless in terms of never being in the shop, but has plenty of fit and finish quality nits that piss me off to this day.

I've heard nothing but good things about Toyotas and Hondas from people who own them, but have yet to have one. My one and only deviation from domestic makes was the first of two VW Tiguans in 2010, and it and its successor were flawless and trouble free.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have had zero issues with my Bronco. My only concern is that I couldn't buy another Base 2-door if something ever happened to this one.
Other than the plastic driver seat recline lever breaking the day I picked up my Bronco, knock on wood no other issues.

But given the lowest cost 2-door is now 10k more than I spent, and will likely be even higher priced several years from now if wanting to replace, my current Bronco will likely be my last. Bronco is a victim of gentrification.

Sponsored

XirallicBolts

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Flex EcoBoost, 2010 Milan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Bronco and Flex have both been good to me.
2016 Flex had a wheel bearing fail at 45k miles and toe link recall.
2022 Bronco had an oversensitive window pinch sensor, and a misaligned trim piece by the taillight.

My 2018 Silverado's AC failed at 90k.
My 2022 Silverado's transmission was leaking from the factory, ADAS camera faulted at 500 miles (hard reset fixed), rear camera faults in rain, steering wheel controls are sometimes either stuck or unresponsive, data connection randomly drops, radio sometimes doesn't realize the truck is on, dome light cancel didn't work until a software update, tailgate handle pops off if I stand on the tailgate too hard, and I STILL can't find a decent seating position even with 10-way power.

Everyone is going to have praises and horror stories for any car, really.

4runner

Outer Banks
First Name
4runner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Toyota 4 Runner
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I don't care what you say, the Ford Bronco is JUNK, its just way too beautiful ... so you have to be PC ...

nmmike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Toyota if they have something in the category you need.

My Tacoma made it to 220k without any major issues. Iā€™d buy a 4runner if I didnā€™t need to flat tow.

Jimmy82ke

Big Bend
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford bronco, f150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Good luck with all my Fordā€™s, dating back to an ā€˜85 GT convertible. But Ford has a real problem with their dealers and service departments. I had a great dealer when I lived in N Atlanta. Consistent, honest, worked to build loyalty and referrals. Now in NW Florida and the 2 dealers convenient to me are abysmal. Sales departments are bad enough with dealer mark up on everything along with the customary dealer charges on the buyer order. But their service departments are worse. Routine oil changes require appointments weeks in advance, follow up is non existent and service work is rarely completed the first time, requiring follow up visits. One of them also owns the Honda and Acura franchises and pulls similar stunts there. Bad dealers were the downfall of VW in the US, I can see Ford headed down that same path. I understand that are independent businesses but they represent and deliver on the Ford brand and promise. Itā€™s a problem that deserves and needs to be fixed.
Hi, hope all is well. Do you mind sharing the north Atlanta dealer you used to work with? Might it be the one in Winders? Been trying to find someone to do warranty tranny work. thanks you šŸ™
Sponsored