Sponsored

Towed 5 times in 3000 miles! I've had it.

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for looking at the errors. Sounds reasonable. I was driving through really intense rain before it happened the first time. Pulled over at a Cabela's to let the storm pass. When I came out, it wouldn't start. Did notice the gigantic gaps in the front wheel well linings. Seems like that could allow a good deal of water to spray up into the engine compartment.
That might be the clue that was needed.

The problem is that you need to find the right mechanic at the service department who knows how things work and not just what the screen in front of him says. Suggest looking for the most grey hair...
Sponsored

bobogto

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M5
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Just find a good mechanic. Seemingly unrelated electrical issues are almost always a battery, generator/alternator, cables or grounds more specifically, but they require logic and diagnosis. No dealer possesses that.

If you like the car just tow it to this guy: https://goo.gl/maps/vN4KBmusvpxeZ2Py9
He seems to be very good and has the right approach diagnosing this shit. And yes I know it's on the other side of the country.., but like I said- "if you like the car"
If not just go after a lemon law and get rid of it. Either way I would stay away from dealers. They are not in the business of diagnosing and eating warranty claims.

The first and last time I was at the dealer was when I ordered the car and then when I picked it up.

KC5MO

Wildtrak
First Name
Herbert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Wildtrak, 1975 CJ5
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Different vehicle but something to think about. We have an F250 that will not start after going through a car wash or rain. Found the fuse panel under the hood had water dripping on it and causing the problem and we could bypass it with a fused wire and it would work fine. It's at our transportation department who is working with Ford to dig deeper into the problem and see what exactly is going on.

Last edited:

finkan13

Base
First Name
Anna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-350 and F 250
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I had the same issue you had. I had complete engine failure and 2 turbos down. Ford dealership has had my Bronco 2 months the new engine and 2 turbos are in but I have to get back in line all over again. Making 3rd payment on a new vehicle I donā€™t have is very upsetting. It threw all the codes you had. Except I could only go 5 mph before it shut down. Came on all the sudden without any warning. Thank God I was t on the highway and kids werenā€™t in the bronco with me or it could have ended in a very serious accident. I am number 64 on the list on here of engine failure. I think there is 67 documented on this site thatā€™s not counting who knows how many people have engine failure and not on this forum. I know for a fact the same dealership had one come in last week with engine failure also. Another couple traded theirs in cause of all the problems they had with theirs and they are asking an outrageous price for one that has had a bunch of problems . I actually took a photo of it and the asking price . The velocity blue is my baby sitting waiting to be fixed .
Ford Bronco Towed 5 times in 3000 miles!  I've had it. C7234914-0632-489B-A0D7-5BFA7C862DD2
Ford Bronco Towed 5 times in 3000 miles!  I've had it. 695266D3-E0DB-439B-AEA0-38183FAC8342
Ford Bronco Towed 5 times in 3000 miles!  I've had it. 8B5057BD-A8C7-43C0-A6C2-6C80CC2D277B

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I had the same issue you had. I had complete engine failure and 2 turbos down. Ford dealership has had my Bronco 2 months the new engine and 2 turbos are in but I have to get back in line all over again. Making 3rd payment on a new vehicle I donā€™t have is very upsetting. It threw all the codes you had. Except I could only go 5 mph before it shut down. Came on all the sudden without any warning. Thank God I was t on the highway and kids werenā€™t in the bronco with me or it could have ended in a very serious accident. I am number 64 on the list on here of engine failure. I think there is 67 documented on this site thatā€™s not counting who knows how many people have engine failure and not on this forum. I know for a fact the same dealership had one come in last week with engine failure also. Another couple traded theirs in cause of all the problems they had with theirs and they are asking an outrageous price for one that has had a bunch of problems . I actually took a photo of it and the asking price . The velocity blue is my baby sitting waiting to be fixed .
Hello there. Can you please send over a private message with your VIN and the name and location of your local Ford dealer? I would like to look into your engine issues on my end.

Sponsored

Sonny

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Geez dude, at this point just sell it to some scumbag dealer for MSRP while you can, and walk away. Maybe try again with a new build.

Sonny

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hello there. Can you please send over a private message with your VIN and the name and location of your local Ford dealer? I would like to look into your engine issues on my end.
A day late and a dollar short, like always

OP
OP
Ulchy

Ulchy

Black Diamond
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Chevy Avalanche
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I've had enough of being stranded by this Bronco. Total power loss while driving. Won't restart. Very dangerous situation.
Until now Ford couldn't find the problem and I was told to drive it until it failed again. Well damn, when it fails I'm left stranded on the road. This time on a narrow, busy mountain road. They now think it's the powertrain control module which is currently unavailable with no ETA. Check out this video of my error codes:
UPDATE: Ford has approved a vehicle buyback on the busted Bronco. Now the decision; get back in line or take the cash and look elsewhere. Love the idea of the Bronco but Ford has given me a serious reality check. Thoughts?

a94cobra

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
California dealer gets 3 attempts at fixing the same problem and if they can't then owner gets a new vehicle.

Dealers are getting enough broncos now that I think it would be replaced fairly quickly and in the mean-time they provide a loaner vehicle.

I don't think they give you a new one, They buy yours back and you buy another one.

Sponsored

reigny

Outer Banks
First Name
Karen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ninja 650, 2003 Honda Shadow Ace
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

UPDATE: Ford has approved a vehicle buyback on the busted Bronco. Now the decision; get back in line or take the cash and look elsewhere. Love the idea of the Bronco but Ford has given me a serious reality check. Thoughts?
Look very closely at the buyback bottom line. They will take out for depreciation and you may wind up losing a lot of money. What avenues have you gone through for Ford to agree to do this? I thought about doing this as well (had the option through BBB, approved by Ford) but don't really want to wait another year for another Bronco.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ford's "1st year curse" is the worse I've seen with these Bronco's and they have not really done much to fix the issues because they're so far behind. (Basically they're still making 2021 Broncos in 2023)

I would look elsewhere and maybe revisit the Bronco in 5 years once Ford has addressed the design and QA flaws.
Sponsored