Sponsored

Towed 5 times in 3000 miles! I've had it.

Ulchy

Black Diamond
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Chevy Avalanche
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I've had enough of being stranded by this Bronco. Total power loss while driving. Won't restart. Very dangerous situation.
Until now Ford couldn't find the problem and I was told to drive it until it failed again. Well damn, when it fails I'm left stranded on the road. This time on a narrow, busy mountain road. They now think it's the powertrain control module which is currently unavailable with no ETA. Check out this video of my error codes:
Sponsored

mike8675309

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco ManSquatch, 2023 Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
Those messages are just side effects of the problem. That's a mistake that they told you to drive it until it failed again. I would have a chat with the Service Manager and ask if they want you to find another dealer, or do they want to try and fix it.

OP
OP
Ulchy

Ulchy

Black Diamond
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Chevy Avalanche
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Those messages are just side effects of the problem. That's a mistake that they told you to drive it until it failed again. I would have a chat with the Service Manager and ask if they want you to find another dealer, or do they want to try and fix it.
This truck has been looked at by two different Ford mechanics from Dearborne, MI as well as the techs at the two service departments it's been towed to. The Ford guys from Michigan recommended it be driven until it failed as they couldn't recreate the problem.

mike8675309

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco ManSquatch, 2023 Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
The failure mode should be able to be tracked down as there aren't many things that could cause that. I would start with ground wires.

Sponsored

EveryDayBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Motorcycle
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yeah. Time to start researching your state's Lemon Law.
California dealer gets 3 attempts at fixing the same problem and if they can't then owner gets a new vehicle.

Dealers are getting enough broncos now that I think it would be replaced fairly quickly and in the mean-time they provide a loaner vehicle.

BossMann

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That's terrible to hear.... surely you are approaching lemon status....

rwyatt85

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There was a post recently where multiple people had random power loss issues that traced back to a loose battery terminal connection from the factory. There's no excuse for that to have been missed several times by your dealership, but...

You may also just have a cursed battery. Apparently this can happen but be undetectable by the dealership when they check it. Want to know how I know?

Earlier this year my mustang had a 3 year + 1 month old Motorcraft brand battery in it, and it started having crank issues.

Took it to the dealership because I wanted to use the amortized warranty left on the battery to get it replaced for a discount, the damn batteries are like $200.

I ended up there multiple times over a couple weeks. At one point, they kept my car for 3 days and benched the battery, trying to find something wrong with it. NOTHING. Eventually, i needed to move on with my life so I asked them to just put a new battery in, at full cost. The car has been fine since.

There's that saying,
When you hear hoofs, think horses, not zebras.

Your dealership may be pre-occupied looking for zebras, ask them to replace the damn battery. It's easy, and they are readily available parts.

Sponsored

HCGxKaLiBeR

Wildtrak
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi S4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Looks like a software/ computer issue to me rather than mechanical.
The speedometer don't just stuck like that.

Gotta find a more competent dealer to find out the root cause.

GrayGhostDog

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Does your Bronco have any, and I mean ANY, aftermarket accessories? ... and if so, what are they?