Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Will the broncos have something similar to Jeep's brake lock differential (BLD) to help with offroading Bronco's without lockers?
Sponsored

OrangecrushAZ

Badlands
First Name
Boyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Raptor, ‘17 Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have to imagine the terrain management system will modulate the brakes to stop wheel spin for whatever mode you choose (ie. Mud, sand, etc.) Of course, there are also optional electronic locking front and rear diffs that you can manually engage, if equipped.

Last edited:

Beachin 74

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco, 2015 F-150, 2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
In my experience, it is best to shut all the "nannies" off on my 2015 F-150 when traversing sand/beach. The locking rear differential is what helps you when you get into the really soft stuff.

bluesun68

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
raptor, velar, f-type
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
This was a really interesting video in that the gladiator with locking diffs had the hardest time, mostly due to length and ground clearance. (???) The new defender they brought did not have locking diffs, but was shorter and did it much easier. I guess they brake the wheels and that forces them all to spin??? The old defender with a manual stalled, and then climbed right over. Short and tall of course. The guy with a 4 runner said nope.

Even if you think you aren't in to rock crawling, often there is one spot on the trail that will require it.

Austin26

Base
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ttt. I'd like to learn more about what the Bronco will have. Really hoping for a similar BLD.
Sponsored