First Name
Christina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
That's exactly how I'm driving. Plenty of distance between me and the next one. I'm taking it in on Monday and will talk to them about how they intend to test because you're 100% right. Without an incline there is no issue.
Keep me posted on what they say! Ford can never replicate because there isn't an incline close enough to the dealership to test!
Sponsored

SumBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Jeep GC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's a huge safety issue as the Bronco does not stop rolling until a foot. I always have to be sure I'm far enough from street when I come to a stop. Ridiculous. Ford thinks I'm crazy.
Can you video and post it > send video to Ford / dealer?

SumBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Jeep GC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'll do that! Good idea.
Probably worth a shot at least. Sometimes videos of safety issues on the internet can get more attention than at the dealer. Or maybe only the bot will care šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļøšŸ™„šŸ˜¢.

Sponsored

212Bronco

First Edition
First Name
Erick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Can you video and post it > send video to Ford / dealer?
Lemme know if this video works for ya... I tried to get the audio of the brake engagement at the end.

OP
OP
Sesquac

Sesquac

Wildtrak
First Name
Christina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Lemme know if this video works for ya... I tried to get the audio of the brake engagement at the end.

This is it EXACTLY. Mine is 100% the same.

OP
OP
Sesquac

Sesquac

Wildtrak
First Name
Christina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
This is it EXACTLY. Mine is 100% the same.

Did Ford ever say anything when you took it in? I am going to video mine today.

212Bronco

First Edition
First Name
Erick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Did Ford ever say anything when you took it in? I am going to video mine today.
The service manager saw the videos but they weren't able to duplicate. They applied some software updates to modules and asked me to drive it for the weekend. I'm not sure what the next step is but I plan to bring the truck back when I get back from my work travel because it's still doing it.

Have you tried to see if it happens while in neutral?

Sponsored
OP
OP
Sesquac

Sesquac

Wildtrak
First Name
Christina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The service manager saw the videos but they weren't able to duplicate. They applied some software updates to modules and asked me to drive it for the weekend. I'm not sure what the next step is but I plan to bring the truck back when I get back from my work travel because it's still doing it.

Have you tried to see if it happens while in neutral?
I haven't tried it in neutral but I will when I get home later today. Interesting. Why would that matter I wonder?

Yeah, Ford did the same schpeel with me when I brought it in...update modules, blah blah blah. Try it and see if it works...yeah, it didn't. Still does it.

212Bronco

First Edition
First Name
Erick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I haven't tried it in neutral but I will when I get home later today. Interesting. Why would that matter I wonder?

Yeah, Ford did the same schpeel with me when I brought it in...update modules, blah blah blah. Try it and see if it works...yeah, it didn't. Still does it.
Okay, now don't laugh at my dumbness here but I'm curious if the high idle when cold translates to increased force against the brakes + weight of vehicle on downward slope which is causing them to release. Then wheel sensors register movement and emergency brake kicks in.

Just a thought I would like to test. The more info we gather true or false the better.

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

So just curious - seems most of these reports are on the 2.7 with the electric brake booster

I donā€™t that Iā€™ve seen any on the 2.3 autos, which points away from the trans and to that EBB - but I could be wrong there

#gladtohave7MT

212Bronco

First Edition
First Name
Erick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
So just curious - seems most of these reports are on the 2.7 with the electric brake booster

I donā€™t that Iā€™ve seen any on the 2.3 autos, which points away from the trans and to that EBB - but I could be wrong there

#gladtohave7MT
If any 2.3 autos have this issue please check in.

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That is in fact the electric parking brake. When the system realizes the brakes aren't functioning it sets the parking brake. I had an ABS unit failure at 10k miles. In my case it was a total and immediate failure when trying to stop for a red light. Was fun when the parking brake set itself and I ended up facing the wrong way in a snowy intersection. Mine lost brakes altogether, but yours is definitely on its way out and I wouldn't drive it until it's fixed. I got lucky and it happened 200 feet from the dealer.
That does not seem like the best backup safety feature.
Sponsored