First Name
Fury
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Starting to explore with our new camper made by Campinawe. This small camper is a mere 14' long, weights in at 2,000 lbs, has a rear galley kitchen, sports a queen bed, AC and cartridge potti.

IMG-20230405-WA0010.jpg

IMG_20230630_142113138_HDR.jpg

Last edited:

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, โ€˜05 LJ & โ€˜17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hereโ€™s mine. Kitchen side closed up and awning in stored mode.
Ford Bronco Bronco Boondockers! Show your rig, camper, roof top tent RTT ๐Ÿ•๏ธ 6869602E-3609-45EE-B837-CDE3D50246C5

Sponsored

GroovyGeek

Black Diamond
First Name
Boyan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Any one else hauling a camper or roof top tent. Love to see your setup.
That, my friend, is not boondocking. It is glamping.

This is going to be an unpopular opinion but RTTs are a terrible idea for actual boondocking unless you are sending extended time at a particular site. A hassle to set up and take down, if you are not parked on a level surface you roll into one corner of the tent, exorbitant cost and often low quality implementation.

I personally prefer to sleep in the back on a $30 self inflating pad. Takes 60s to set up a f 30s to tear down. Stable and sheltered in wind, rain, snow, or hail. If only Ford had not made the dumb decision to make the doors frameless it would have been the perfect boondocking rig.

Strykerwsu

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Holden Commodores
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

This is going to be an unpopular opinion but RTTs are a terrible idea for actual boondocking unless you are sending extended time at a particular site. A hassle to set up and take down, if you are not parked on a level surface you roll into one corner of the tent, exorbitant cost and often low quality implementation.

I personally prefer to sleep in the back on a $30 self inflating pad. Takes 60s to set up a f 30s to tear down. Stable and sheltered in wind, rain, snow, or hail. If only Ford had not made the dumb decision to make the doors frameless it would have been the perfect boondocking rig.
I take my Rivian for RTT, Bronco for off-road adventures. Self levels and tent is up and down in 3 minutes, but agree with your point I glamp with my a/c / heat unit. Now if somebody would make the damn camp kitchen for the Gear Tunnel

Blzbronco007

Outer Banks
First Name
Blaze
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 ford bronco Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Sponsored
OP
OP
Skeeterjack

Skeeterjack

Outer Banks
First Name
RON
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018MUSTANG GT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ford Bronco Bronco Boondockers! Show your rig, camper, roof top tent RTT ๐Ÿ•๏ธ IMG_4467

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, โ€˜05 LJ & โ€˜17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

And yet there are some of us who have a โ€œjust as capable as the tow vehicleโ€ trailer who do tow our trailers through some some sketchy trails. 360 degree articulating coupler, 33โ€ MT tires, close to 20โ€ of ground clearance, independent trailing arm suspension and self-leveling airbags. Can go pretty much anywhere the tow vehicle can go when searching for the perfect dispersed camp spot. Iโ€™ve found that the more difficult of a trail, the better chance of an epic spot and best chance of seclusion.

I can level my trailer (either via the airbags or blocks) just as quick as someone needing to park a tire or two on rocks. I can have my rtt set up or torn down in less than 2 minutes. Kitchen can be set up within 15 seconds.

No way would I sleep 2 adults and 2 large dogs in the back of the bronco.

Am I glamping? Sure. Itโ€™s enough comforts for us to be off the grid and make the wife enjoy going, which is all that matters to me. And all I have to do is load clothes, food, fill the water tanks, hook up and be out the door in 30min.