Sponsored

Bronco/Bronco Sport Trade In Plan: Dumb?

OP
OP

Pughbert

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
It depends entirely on your dealer's orders vs their allocations. Yes, that is a simple build, but if your dealer has a lot like it, then youll be at the end of the line.

If they have 100 orders and 80 are an easy build like that, and they only have 75 allocations for 2023, youll be waiting until 2024.
I plan on being at my dealer at 9AM on 8/15 to place a MY23 order. Wouldn't that put my amongst the front of the line for a 2023 Bronco?
Sponsored

Jazer

Outer Banks
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I plan on being at my dealer at 9AM on 8/15 to place a MY23 order. Wouldn't that put my amongst the front of the line for a 2023 Bronco?
Only if they have fulfilled ALL their outstanding 21/22 orders...

Many get bumped and have to reorder for the next model year. It's entirely dealer dependent.

OP
OP

Pughbert

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Only if they have fulfilled ALL their outstanding 21/22 orders...
Don't those orders have to be converted to a 2023 order on the same date?

OP
OP

Pughbert

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I kind of stumbled into the same plan. Car burned up in 2021, and they had a reasonable Big Bend Bronco Sport on the lot. The dealership knew I wanted a big Bronco, so they called and offered to buy my Sport back for almost as much as I paid for it as a trade in earlier this year. Now, if Ford could hustle and build the big one, the plan would work out nicely. I know it won't be worth nearly what they initially offered by the time the trade in happens, but those Sports are in high demand, too.
How are you liking the Sport?

Jazer

Outer Banks
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Don't those orders have to be converted to a 2023 order on the same date?
Their original order/reservation date still holds, which gives them priority if they have a buildable unit.

Sponsored

Dom

First Name
Dom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford Expedition, 2013 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

You are in PA, did you search around for dealers that might have on on the lot and not crazy marking them up? I Mean a wiiiiiide search? Even if tthere is a slight mark up it might be cheaper than the potential loss in resale of the sport. Every time I hit up a local dealer near me that has a bronco come in, they never say they plan on selling above MSRP or maybe have a slight mark up. You would have to be diligent though, becasue they do go fast.

CJSimmons

Wildtrak
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

You might as well do it, when you order one in August youre likely 18 months at best until you see it anyways.

OP
OP

Pughbert

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
You are in PA, did you search around for dealers that might have on on the lot and not crazy marking them up? I Mean a wiiiiiide search? Even if tthere is a slight mark up it might be cheaper than the potential loss in resale of the sport. Every time I hit up a local dealer near me that has a bronco come in, they never say they plan on selling above MSRP or maybe have a slight mark up. You would have to be diligent though, becasue they do go fast.
Yes, I've called everywhere within a 3 hour radius and put my name in to every dealership that has some coming in. The lowest markup I've seen (even on those not on the lot yet) is 8k. I really doubt I'd lose that much on the Sport, considering I'm getting a discount off MSRP with my student discount and not paying any ADM.

How much of a markup do you think would be worth it in this situation?

DaveInSA

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 4DR, 2007 Saturn Sky
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So, I’ve recently gotten a new job that pays really well and want to reward myself with my dream car: a Bronco. Unfortunately, full-size Broncos are being marked up right now on lots at ridiculous amounts.

So, I plan on ordering one. However, in the meantime, during my search for a Bronco, I found a great deal on a 2022 Bronco Sport at MSRP from a local small dealer.

I’m able to put down enough on the Sport that I would be financing 20,000. The only reason I’m considering this is because the order-to-delivery time on Broncos has been long and indefinite and new cars are holding their value incredibly well.

I would get the Sport, drive it lightly for a few months (I WFH), and then trade it in for a Bronco when it comes in.

Dumb decision? Has anyone else gotten an interim vehicle while waiting for their Bronco?
It will cost you more money overall.. But the Bronco Sport is a great vehicle too. I briefly had a 2022 Big Bend Sport and I loved it. The big bend version isn't as offroad worthy as a Bronco big bend, but the sport badlands is surprisingly good.

The Sport Big Bend spoiled me with it's stop-and-go adaptive cruise control. It was amazing for those times I got stuck in traffic on the way home from work. My big bronco only has the mid package, so no adaptive cruise at all but even with the lux it's not stop-and-go capable which is a bummer.

So financially, yeah it'll cost you to go sport then Bronco. But that's entirely up to you. For me, it was worth it :) I just wish I'd have known I'd have been able to get a Bronco so quickly.. I'd have waited (I only had my sport for a month).

OP
OP

Pughbert

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
It will cost you more money overall.. But the Bronco Sport is a great vehicle too. I briefly had a 2022 Big Bend Sport and I loved it. The big bend version isn't as offroad worthy as a Bronco big bend, but the sport badlands is surprisingly good.

The Sport Big Bend spoiled me with it's stop-and-go adaptive cruise control. It was amazing for those times I got stuck in traffic on the way home from work. My big bronco only has the mid package, so no adaptive cruise at all but even with the lux it's not stop-and-go capable which is a bummer.

So financially, yeah it'll cost you to go sport then Bronco. But that's entirely up to you. For me, it was worth it :) I just wish I'd have known I'd have been able to get a Bronco so quickly.. I'd have waited (I only had my sport for a month).
Wow! Was that the turnaround from order to delivery or did you have something in the pipeline? That's exactly what I'm worried about.

Sponsored

DaveInSA

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 4DR, 2007 Saturn Sky
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wow! Was that the turnaround from order to delivery or did you have something in the pipeline? That's exactly what I'm worried about.
No, I lucked out. I managed to get a mannequin my dealer had on the lot. I just happened to be at the dealership at the time it became available for sale. Since it's a manual it hadn't actually been test driven very much, just 980 miles, never off road, and always with a sales guy with them to monitor. They marked it up a little from MSRP . But that was from MSRP of a 2021 model. I basically paid 2022 price. And I had to pay for some accessories they added but I actually like them all so I was ok with it.
I did have to give up my ultimate wants of sasquatch, auto, and lux package.. but ultimately I was ok with that. I can (and am) adding sasquatch tires and I'm convicing myself I'm fine without 12" screen and adaptive cruise :D. The auto the only reason I wish I had it was the 'toys' it has, trail control, trail turn assist, etc.

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Granger was offering a crazy deal on Bronco sports a while back. Something like 5 percent under invoice. You might want to check that out. I have a res from oct of 2020 and don't plan on getting my Bronco till end of 2023. there is still a pretty good backlog of orders for Ford to fill.
Or just keep a look out. There are some dealers that will do a bronco at msrp, but with the shortage still going on, you are probably going to be looking for a while.

ths0002

Outer Banks
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco OBX 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

How are you liking the Sport?
Yes, I am very pleased with it! It is actually really fun to drive, I took it out on the beach, and it drove through sand like a champ. The Sport mode is peppy, and Eco mode really works some magic on long highway trips.. If someone has to sit behind you as the driver, though, it isn't as much fun. While the trunk space is decent, it kind of gets cramped if you have to use the back row for average-sized adults, the leg room is nonexistent (the biggest complaint I have with it).

Smheard

First Edition
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Raptor, ‘21 Macan S, ‘22 Big Bend, '21 FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Long story but I'll try and keep it as short as possible. Bought my daughter a Bronco Sport (base) for her first car when she turned 16. She was rear ended by a drunk driver last September and that car was totaled. Took us a couple of months to get another Sport, this one a Big Bend . When I went to do the paperwork for that purchase ahead of taking delivery (October 15th) I submitted an order for a full size Big Bend, non-SAS soft-top, mid, 2.3. Got a build notification on November 17th scheduled for January 24th. The following week received another Ford email with the build week moved up to January 17th.

Truck was build on the 18th and then preceded to sit on ice mountain for more than 4 months. Finally took delivery on May 11th. The insurance payout on the totaled Sport base was $4,500 more than MSRP. When it was time to take delivery of the full size BB I checked around with various dealers and was able to get $35,500 our of the BB Sport. Ended up costing me $7K out of pocket for the full size.

Check the used market for sure and definitely shop around. We essential "traded" up to the Bronco in the picture below for $35K all in. Let the mods begin.....

Ford Bronco Bronco/Bronco Sport Trade In Plan: Dumb? 1656084738483

Vanicant

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Oddly enough I did that exact thing early last year. Reserved a Bronco and knew it was going to be awhile but had a lease that was coming to an end. Got a good price on a Bronco Sport and have loved it so far. It is still worth more than when I got it so financially it's not a bad deal. My Bronco order just went into production and hopefully will receive it next month.
Sponsored