Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Eruption Green Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I just noticed a post about Ford dealers already offering discounts on dealer stock on Bronco Sports. And I have a friend who has a Bronco reservation and suddenly needs a car due to mechanical issues. He'll be waiting 9-15ish months for his Bronco and now needs a temporary car. See where I'm going with this?

Ford could start a trade-up program to offer favorable, pre-determined trade-in values on immediate purchases of Bronco Sports for Bronco reservation holders. It would be almost identical to a short-term lease program but could be serve as a bridge for both Ford and patient future Bronco owners. People all over are driving to Ford dealers to see Bronco Sport colors like A51 and Cactus Gray. Why not seek to channel that enthusiasm and get those people to turn into brand ambassadors for a year, with favorable terms?
Sponsored

OP
OP
brentutk

brentutk

Wildtrak
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Eruption Green Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

And if Ford does this, its only fair to sell me a First edition at the price of a Base, as compensation.

bwomp91

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I love this. As someone with an expiring Ranger lease in April and no idea what I'll do to bridge the time between then and now summer 2021 for the first Bronco delivery, I would be all over this. I'd make that swap TODAY haha

*EDIT* I know this is insanely unlikely.

OP
OP
brentutk

brentutk

Wildtrak
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Eruption Green Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I love this. As someone with an expiring Ranger lease in April and no idea what I'll do to bridge the time between then and now summer 2021 for the first Bronco delivery, I would be all over this. I'd make that swap TODAY haha

*EDIT* I know this is insanely unlikely.
I don't particularly need a car right now. But if I could try out a Bronco Sport in Area 51 for 12 months with good terms, I might do that. And that probably does more for Ford and brand loyalty than FordPass points will.

Bestdayever

Base
First Name
- -Soupbone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor.. Boss302..Edge Sport..Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Base
Not seeing this. Ford sells its product to a franchised private dealer. Ford's is responsible for warranty and recalls. The dealer puts his pants on everyday just like you. He wants to give and get a fair deal. This keeps his doors open and have happy employees who are his ambassadors. Ford is in the business to make money for its stockholders, bottom line.

Sponsored
OP
OP
brentutk

brentutk

Wildtrak
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Eruption Green Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Not seeing this. Ford sells its product to a franchised private dealer. Ford's is responsible for warranty and recalls. The dealer puts his pants on everyday just like you. He wants to give and get a fair deal. This keeps his doors open and have happy employees who are his ambassadors. Ford is in the business to make money for its stockholders, bottom line.
My post was made with the preface that Bronco Sports might not sell well. Especially since most Bronco fans have picked the Bronco itself and we are holding our money for 9+ months. This is not charity. This is a targeted sales incentive to move sports off the lot.

618TRVLWILD

Big Bend
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend Sasquatch 2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'd do this! I wouldn't mind trading my mercedes now for a sport!! Then I'll just take my big one in in 2022!!

Fly by Nite

Base
First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 F-150 Nite, 2001 Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'll buy a Bronco now, and Ford can give me a Sport loaner until it arrives!

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That isn't too dissimilar to what Harley was doing with the Sportster (full original MSRP toward a bigger bike on trade in).

OP
OP
brentutk

brentutk

Wildtrak
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Eruption Green Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ford creates lease programs that dealers offer. And they offer special terms to people in certain classes (veterans, recent college grads, people who own a Ford, etc). Bronco reservation holders could be a class. This could fit within the boundaries of the current ecosystem.

Sponsored

jonwithanelcamino

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
El Camino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I wouldn’t partake but I think it’s be a great program.

elnorte

Badlands
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just noticed a post about Ford dealers already offering discounts on dealer stock on Bronco Sports. And I have a friend who has a Bronco reservation and suddenly needs a car due to mechanical issues. He'll be waiting 9-15ish months for his Bronco and now needs a temporary car. See where I'm going with this?

Ford could start a trade-up program to offer favorable, pre-determined trade-in values on immediate purchases of Bronco Sports for Bronco reservation holders. It would be almost identical to a short-term lease program but could be serve as a bridge for both Ford and patient future Bronco owners. People all over are driving to Ford dealers to see Bronco Sport colors like A51 and Cactus Gray. Why not seek to channel that enthusiasm and get those people to turn into brand ambassadors for a year, with favorable terms?
Has your friend thought about doing a 12 month lease to cover their needs until they get their Bronco?

OP
OP
brentutk

brentutk

Wildtrak
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Eruption Green Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Has your friend thought about doing a 12 month lease to cover their needs until they get their Bronco?
I've not leased a car in many years, but I tend to think that 12 month leases are very rare and generally aren't very favorable to the consumer. Thats why this would have to be a specific program Ford creates to monetize the enthusiasm of a subsection of the 200,000 reservation holders.

elnorte

Badlands
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've not leased a car in many years, but I tend to think that 12 month leases are very rare and generally aren't very favorable to the consumer. Thats why this would have to be a specific program Ford creates to monetize the enthusiasm of a subsection of the 200,000 reservation holders.
https://www.leasetrader.com/search-results?Maxmonth=15&Minmonth=8&MaxMonthPay=800
Just did a quick search. Looks like you can buy remaining leases. Might be something that could help. If Ford doesn't take up your suggestion.

OP
OP
brentutk

brentutk

Wildtrak
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Eruption Green Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model