Sponsored

Interest for official soft top to hard top trade program

What price would you pay to upgrade your soft top to hard top directly from Ford after delivery?

• Total voters

Chu

Black Diamond
First Name
Chu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco BD, 00 S2000, 08 ISF
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Like many of us here, my Bronco had to be ordered/changed to a soft top to speed up delivery. Seeing that the option was just $695 during the build/configuration really made it to be the sound choice for me, especially living here in the Midwest/Northeast during winter. Unfortunately, the cost of a hard top after delivery would probably be close to $4000-5000 from the dealership, if and when it is available from Ford. This cost estimate is based on what others are saying here and what a hard top costs for a similar vehicle like the 4dr Wrangler. Obviously, this is a huge difference from the original upgrade price.

I think Ford should really offer a soft top trade-in program to those that currently have a soft top and want the hard top in the future.
I do think that it won't be $695 + trade of the "used" soft-top but at a much more reasonable price such as $1500-2000 would make a lot of current Bronco owners happy.
Sponsored

AZ_BRONC

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜17 4Runner, ā€˜16 BMW 328i, ā€˜96 Stang GT, ā€˜19 Mini
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Not a MIC at any price. I want a painted, color, easily removable top or Iā€™m totally happy with my soft top. Weather is too nice in AZ for a heavy plastic shell.

Scape Goat

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Nissan Frontier SV 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wish Ford would just give us a ballpark cost for a MIC kit down the road. To help people make the right choice when considering a soft top for faster delivery, and to maybe keep the after markets in check.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Buyers made a choice to get their Bronco sooner with a compromised configuration. There shouldn't be any trade-in program for HT with a used ST. If you want the HT, then pay for it. If it costs too much, then trade in your ST Bronco for a newly built HT Bronco. You'll have the choice again whether buying a HT from the parts counter is cheaper or whether the trade-in value of your ST Bronco will net a savings on a newly built HT Bronco.

Ford is in the business of producing and selling vehicles. Seems like they already satisfied their obligation to buyers who chose a quicker delivery over waiting for the HT.

Deleted member 32220

I wish Ford would just give us a ballpark cost for a MIC kit down the road. To help people make the right choice when considering a soft top for faster delivery, and to maybe keep the after markets in check.
The ballpark cost is going to be a minimum of 3500.00 no dreaming or guessing here. Thatā€™s what it will be. One only needs to look to a wrangler replacement top to find the ā€œballparkā€

Sponsored

truckatologist

Black Diamond
First Name
Cam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4 dr 7MT, on order
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Buyers made a choice to get their Bronco sooner with a compromised configuration. There shouldn't be any trade-in program for HT with a used ST. If you want the HT, then pay for it. If it costs too much, then trade in your ST Bronco for a newly built HT Bronco. You'll have the choice again whether buying a HT from the parts counter is cheaper or whether the trade-in value of your ST Bronco will net a savings on a newly built HT Bronco.

Ford is in the business of producing and selling vehicles. Seems like they already satisfied their obligation to buyers who chose a quicker delivery over waiting for the HT.

Eh I disagree.

I don't think there should be a trade in, that's a huge waste and ford doesnt have any need or use for used soft tops

That said, ford did push us to forgo the mic. I did bc my daily driver was totalled and I am in a time crunch. Not that big of a time crunch, obviously, bc I chose a bronco.

I think a good faith effort to make mic tops available for a reasonable price is a good move on fords part.

Clearly it's in their minds as well if they included a hard top prep kit for free with the soft top...

Just my 2 cents

Scape Goat

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Nissan Frontier SV 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The ballpark cost is going to be a minimum of 3500.00 no dreaming or guessing here. Thatā€™s what it will be. One only needs to look to a wrangler replacement top to find the ā€œballparkā€
I am fine with $3,500 - $4,000. That seems fair to me. We just don't know for sure. I hope by the end of the year they shed some light on this.

Cartman3132

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Settle down Francis, it was a hypothetical question since none of us are in the boardroom at Ford.

Deleted member 32220

Unfortunately fordā€™s kind gesture was to include the wiring, so if you choose to spend the 3500 - 4000 at least it will be functional. Ford could care less that 80% of those broncos they equipped with the hard top prep package will go to the junkyard never having been used.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sponsored

Fordmanbob

Wildtrak
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 4x4 supercrew, 2006 F350 4x4 superc.
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Not a MIC at any price. I want a painted, color, easily removable top or Iā€™m totally happy with my soft top. Weather is too nice in AZ for a heavy plastic shell.
That's where I'm at. My WT was originally supposed to come with a mod top

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Like many of us here, my Bronco had to be ordered/changed to a soft top to speed up delivery. ...
No, your entire premise is built on this single falsehood. Not a single solitary person 'had' to change to a soft top. You all chose to do it for motivations that you agreed at the time were worth it to you. Be it the chance for faster delivery, costs, Ford Points, whatever combination or individual reason.

You chose a soft top and knew the consequences.

Why should you get extra compensation (in the form of reduced pricing) above and beyond the deal you already happily made? The folks who waited for a hard top got nothing for waiting and would get nothing in a top trade. So, quite seriously, why do you feel that you are so special that Ford should divert future hard tops away from the production line (even if years from now, will still extend the wait for others at that time) and into a heavily subsidized retail program to reward the people who chose to get a soft top because they did not want to wait? Be a man, take responsibility for your own choices and stop believing other people should bail you out of the consequences.

BroncoDr

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No, your entire premise is built on this single falsehood. Not a single solitary person 'had' to change to a soft top. You all chose to do it for motivations that you agreed at the time were worth it to you. Be it the chance for faster delivery, costs, Ford Points, whatever combination or individual reason.

You chose a soft top and knew the consequences.

Why should you get extra compensation (in the form of reduced pricing) above and beyond the deal you already happily made? The folks who waited for a hard top got nothing for waiting and would get nothing in a top trade. So, quite seriously, why do you feel that you are so special that Ford should divert future hard tops away from the production line (even if years from now, will still extend the wait for others at that time) and into a heavily subsidized retail program to reward the people who chose to get a soft top because they did not want to wait? Be a man, take responsibility for your own choices and stop believing other people should bail you out of the consequences.
jeeze. Who peed in your cereal today?

Owners who chose to switch from the MIC to the soft top actually did Ford a huge favor. It allowed Ford to get more Broncos delivered and actually get paid. Furthermore, MIC 2.0ā€™s are still having issues and still getting warranteed out, costing ford money. Thereā€™s been very few issues with the soft top. So those who switched to a soft top helped Ford out. It would be a sign of good will if Ford then helped their customers out by offering a factory hard top at a reasonable cost once they resolve their production issues.

Deleted member 32220

The fair price will start at 3500.00 call your dealer and price the the 3 back windows, then let me know what you think ford will sell you and 30,000 others a hard top for. Keep in mind itā€™s crated and goes truck freight from the manufacturing plant. The shipping alone is over 500.00
Sponsored