Sponsored

Interest for official soft top to hard top trade program

What price would you pay to upgrade your soft top to hard top directly from Ford after delivery?

• Total voters

Scape Goat

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Nissan Frontier SV 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can’t wait for Ford to actually release pricing on the top cost so I can watch this forum implode.
Well, what would we all do if we didn't have something to complain about? :LOL:
Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I like the soft top I cancelled my painted hard top for so far. But it's not going to last forever. One way or another, in 3-5 years of Arizona sun, I'll need a new top. Ford giving me $1000 in Ford Points to do the soft top reconfiguration will help. But you have to use the points (or at least tap a few of them...it's confusing) in one year. I'm not sure a modular hard top will be available come December, my one year anniversary of owning a great Bronco. We'll see as we get closer. I'd love to get a $3000 white hard top, minus the $1000 ford bucks....for $2K.
Careful counting those "Ford Bucks". 200 points = $1

AZshot

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vintage Motorcycles, F-150, various other
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I know. I have over 200,000 points they've given me when I received my Bronco.

BroncoDr

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

yes. perhaps as soon as all the orders are filled for those who chose to wait for this constrained item. You can see why this ask would be frustrating to those of us waiting for our vehicles with MIC?
oh I 100% agree. I figure sometime webasto/whoever is making the mod top will be able to produce tops faster than ford can make broncos and then the tops should be made available.

OP
OP

Chu

Black Diamond
First Name
Chu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco BD, 00 S2000, 08 ISF
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Some great discussions here from my opening post. Totally agree that this trade-in/discounted program wouldn't be something that would take place in the near future but sometime after the MIC hardtop constraint is resolved and everyone who has waited on their hardtop has received them. I like the idea of the discounted hardtop as well for those that want the dual top option.

What's frustrating is not knowing the price of the OEM MIC hardtop and without that price, it's hard to dictate third party option worthiness with their asking prices.

Sponsored

AZshot

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

What surprises me is the lack of any information on how the Painted Modular hard top planning is going. We heard last "it should be a 2023 item" when they dropped it about a year ago. That's it. I check in every month or two to see if:
A) they are still going to make them
B) when they will be available to order to retrofit on a soft top Bronco
C) what will be the cost

Unless I've missed news, it's a black hole and no info.

CJay

Badlands
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 Ranger FX4 (MANUAL) & '74 VW Thing
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What surprises me is the lack of any information on how the Painted Modular hard top planning is going. We heard last "it should be a 2023 item" when they dropped it about a year ago. That's it. I check in every month or two to see if:
A) they are still going to make them
B) when they will be available to order to retrofit on a soft top Bronco
C) what will be the cost

Unless I've missed news, it's a black hole and no info.
I agree. I used to check in daily and post regularly, now I'm here every few weeks, and "Modular Top" is the first item in my search list.

AZshot

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

2 months later I just logged in to check on Modular Painted Hard tops. Still no word. Very strange, but they did say they would be in 2023. I guess I'll go away and come back in 8 months....
Sponsored