Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra Denali, VW Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

this is going to hurt all the dealers that gamed the ordering conversion this week. If the reservation was cancelled before conversion it would not count against their bogey. If I cancel the order that was converted by the dealer without my knowledge, it hits their number hard since I am at a small dealer.
Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

this is going to hurt all the dealers that gamed the ordering conversion this week. If the reservation was cancelled before conversion it would not count against their bogey. If I cancel the order that was converted by the dealer without my knowledge, it hits their number hard since I am at a small dealer.
My understanding is that if an order is cancelled before it is built, there is no penalty for anyone.

This policy is for Bronco’s that get built and delivered, and then the customer walks away and the Bronco is eventually sold to someone else.

Ford probably picked 20% since that’s close to a normal ratio of ordered but not sold vehicles...

The point of this policy is to keep a shady dealer from promising a deal to get people to convert, or paying someone to convert, with the *intention* of never selling it to that person, either through agreement or by a last minute ADM... so they can turn around and sell it to someone off the street with a heavy markup.

martyb

Badlands
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My understanding is that if an order is cancelled before it is built, there is no penalty for anyone.

This policy is for Bronco’s that get built and delivered, and then the customer walks away and the Bronco is eventually sold to someone else.

Ford probably picked 20% since that’s close to a normal ratio of ordered but not sold vehicles...

The point of this policy is to keep a shady dealer from promising a deal to get people to convert, or paying someone to convert, with the *intention* of never selling it to that person, either through agreement or by a last minute ADM... so they can turn around and sell it to someone off the street with a heavy markup.
The first line under policy says converted orders, not built orders..... I guess we’ll have to wait and see.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The first line under policy says converted orders, not built orders..... I guess we’ll have to wait and see.
You’re missing the second part of that sentence.

“80% name match from converted to final sale”

The important part is the relationship between those two. If it is cancelled before it is built, there can be no final sale.

Sponsored

Oh2Bbad

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My dealer told me, Ford expects a 30% drop out rate for whatever reason,
Waiting to long, circumstances change etc. Maybe 20% Ford come up with
keeps it very tight on dealers. Good for them to try and keep this right.

martyb

Badlands
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

80% name match from converted to final sale”

The important part is the relationship between those two. If it is cancelled before it is built, there can be no final sale.
yeah, my point being- if a dealer (like mine) converted my reservation to an order, and I cancel it now it hurts their percentage. If I cancelled as a reservation, it would not have.

The policy doesn’t specify that only built truck cancellations hurt their 80% goal.

OP
OP
Rubisquatch

Rubisquatch

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'm south hills as well. Nobody would budge in the area. I don't mind the drive to SAC either. The only thing that was surprising is my Jul 14th reservation is looking like a MY22. I'm actually ok with waiting though.
Maybe give Cochran a call and see if they’ll give you invoice. You might get a 21 there versus SAC.

joeramirez

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram Truck
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The fact that Ford has to make a policy to force these unscrupulous dealers to act fairly to their customers doesn’t say much for these dealers. It makes you appreciate the Grangers, Stephens, and others that follow the rules and do what they say!

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

yeah, my point being- if a dealer (like mine) converted my reservation to an order, and I cancel it now it hurts their percentage. If I cancelled as a reservation, it would not have.

The policy doesn’t specify that only built truck cancellations hurt their 80% goal.
Right. I totally get what you’re saying. My point is that the important part is we’re comparing the names on sold orders... not the numbers of sold orders.

So, during the audit they will look at the names on all the sold Broncos. At least 80% of those must be the same name as was on the the original converted reservation.

If the Bronco was cancelled prior to being built, and never actually existed, and therefore wasn’t sold to an person, then it isn’t relevant to the this policy. There’s no second name to compare against so it can’t count as the denominator in this ratio.

Sponsored

alivecchi003

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Optima
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Maybe give Cochran a call and see if they’ll give you invoice. You might get a 21 there versus SAC.
I have a meeting with Ford of Monroeville (old Day Ford) this upcoming Thursday.
My hopes aren’t very high considering the sales manager I spoke with said that orders aren’t being taken until “summer” so we’ll see. Thanks to your guys info I’ll go in with some ammo and if they don’t budge I don’t mind calling Cochran or anyone else for that matter and switching dealers.

I’ll let you know how my conversation goes.

DarkPoc28

Black Diamond
First Name
Francisco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Accent 2015
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I cancel all my reservations because of all the BS Ford is giving, plus I'm not going to order something before testing it first.

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So the way I see this from an outsider looking in... on the last day to convert orders for this period, shady dealers can call their remaining reservation holders to confirm if they are holding out or cancelling their reservation. Those reservations that are cancelled will be ordered by said shady dealer to maintain high conversions for their allocations while obtaining dealer stock.

Just my thoughts.
If I was a reservation holder in this scenario, I’d be a bit irritated if the dealer kept my $100 refundable deposit.
Sponsored