First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is this separate from what had to be done by November '22? Or is this just a reminder to those who have not reordered for '23 already?
It's what we were led to believe happened in 11/22. How much would the situation have improved, I wonder, had Ford and all their dealers actually followed through on this back then? Whatever, that's all milk spilt under a burning bridge, let the next wave of Wahhhmbulances get ready to fire up their sirens!
Sponsored

Hossfire

Wildtrak
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Jeep Commander
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Oh for sure there are some abandoned orders, or customers who didn’t respond to documentation requests. But I would expect those to either be canceled by the dealer or Ford at this point. There was a round a emails that went out at the end of January informing folks their orders had been canceled and their reservations would be refunded. But maybe that was really just a “warning shot” and Ford didn’t actually cancel them (wouldn’t be the first time the deadline was fuzzy).

I could see ~5-10% of orders going without COVP due to customers who didn’t want them or failed to supply documents. But having almost a third of customers without COVP approval strikes me as very high. Even if you missed an email and ignored the phone call from your dealer, Ford has sent out emails, Bronco Nation has sent out emails and covered this topic, and obviously this forum has covered the COVP topic ad nauseam.

BUT, maybe I’ve just spent too much time with you lot and I’m just way over-estimating how much most people who ordered these things care about their order.
Maybe I'm reading this wrong, but I think this is 28% of the orders with no build date as of this week, not of the orders in the system in early November. If there are only 35,000 orders left without a build date, that's a little under 10,000 orders.

Here's hoping a whole bunch of these are SAS or Wildtraks!

Offroad Newb

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Volkswagen Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just called my dealer and asked about the COVP process. He said he was going to start that on the 1st. I am not even sure I am going to get a Bronco at this rate. I sent him my ID for the first time just now. Never asked for anything other than the signed build form.

crankwerks86

Badlands
First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet Silverado Trail Boss
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I guess I need to figure out some alternative financing for my order. My order is in my brother's name. Long story short, he ordered a 2-door back in 2020, we both went to Off-Roadeo in Moab in Aug '21 and he decided to switch to a 4dr build. Takes delivery of his new build in Feb '22 and upon delivery, dealer informs him that when he switched to a 4dr, a duplicate order was placed. My brother offered that build to me and I took him up on it. I (he) finally got a build date of 4/10 after I switched out of a Wildtrak to a non-SAS Badlands, Softtop High package. The sales rep and sales manager knows it's for me, but now I'm worried when I show up to purchase, I won't be able to buy it myself.

Last edited:

stuvan

Wildtrak
First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Good luck with getting your dealer to tell anything on allocations and orders. Went to mine today to try and find out some stuff but they would tell me anything, just that they don't know their allocations and there are orders ahead of mine. I had ordered this Bronco from a different dealership owner and those guys were great. They would pull up stuff anytime you wanted it and if they couldn't find the info would call Ford and get it but this new owner really sucks the big one.

Greg2060

Outer Banks
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
After seeing this thread I made numerous calls and text to my dealer trying to make sure that my order had been verified through COVP. I just didn't fully trust them telling me "it's fine, nothing to worry about". They finally sent me the actual verification enrollment page with a tracking number last night.
I can fully understand everyone's frustration with their dealers. Why can't they just return a phone call?
Sponsored