Dane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I need some help from the group...

My order is built and my Bronco is at the dealership. The dealer is asking for a copy my driver's license to verify "Price Protection & Name Match". I want to know if this is a legitimate requirement or some type of scheme to trigger ADM or demand a higher price.

During the 18 months since the order was placed I have moved to a new part of the country. I have a copy of my old DL with the original address where I was when I ordered the Bronco. The dealer is aware of my move and said I need to bring in a utility bill from the address so they verify the state where I will be registering the vehicle.

The dealership has been very straight forward in communications. I have 25+ emails, detailed price quotes, and written assurances that there will be no ADM. The dealer is blaming Ford for the "Price Protection & Name Match" documentation requirements. Has anyone else run into this? Any advice?
Sponsored

Layman

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They are probably going to need a copy of your license at some point in the delivery process anyways (at least they would in NY), so why not give it to them? You say the dealer has been very straightforward and communicative thus far, so why all of a sudden do you doubt their intentions?

Sponsored

Rspayde

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 C/O Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I had to provide my birth certificate, license and passport to validate my dad was my dad when I let him buy my order.

Guarantee the same happens when I buy his order here in a few months.

Actually would make me feel better that the dealer is requesting these docs honestly.

Eroc88

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you want that Bronco, they will need your driver's license to verify that your name matches to the order. I can't see what the big deal is about providing a copy of your driver's license your gonna have provide it anyways during the purchasing process.

Lil Red Broncette

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ford penalizes dealers if the name and address doesn't match that of the order. It is necessary for price protection so this seems legitimate. I don't know how the heck they deal with real address changes because for some of us it has been over two years since we reserved and year and a half since ordered.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ford's retail price protection only applies if the Dealer sells it to the person who ordered it.

On my order (2-door base) that would be $2000. The dealer needs to show ford that the person they sold it to is the one who ordered it to get that $2000 back from Ford.

On a Badlands, that's either $2k or $1750 depending if it is a 2-door or 4-door, so you can see why the dealership want's your ID.
Sponsored