First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
When I purchased mine in March 2022 the dealer was “unaware” and couldn’t find price protection and showed me a blank screen for rebates available and said “you’re already getting a good price at APlan MSRP and the market is crazy” I gave up on it as I just wanted the truck.

Dealership contacted me this week 5/30 saying they audited recent purchases and said, “We cannot keep this money as Ford requires us to refund the customer for it.” Check in mail this week for $975.

Be sure to push for this price match guarantee at time of purchasing. Don’t walk out without them figuring it out. It’s their job. especially if you’re protected from the more significant 2022.5 increase.
Sponsored

jumper

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
When I purchased mine in March 2022 the dealer was “unaware” and couldn’t find price protection and showed me a blank screen for rebates available and said “you’re already getting a good price at APlan MSRP and the market is crazy” I gave up on it as I just wanted the truck.

Dealership contacted me this week 5/30 saying they audited recent purchases and said, “We cannot keep this money as Ford requires us to refund the customer for it.” Check in mail this week for $975.

Be sure to push for this price match guarantee at time of purchasing. Don’t walk out without them figuring it out. It’s their job. especially if you’re protected from the more significant 2022.5 increase.
Wow. that's awesome. Justice is served.

OP
OP
klill001

klill001

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BADLANDS/SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am a Jan 2021 reservation holder. I am going to pick my Badlands up tomorrow Friday April 1, 2022. Having pricing issues. The sticker price says 46590 for the base price. When I ordered in November the order base price was 444840. 46590-44840=1750 - 825 Certificate= 925. Who pays this $925 price difference under price protection? Ford Bronco Customer Service says all they pay is the $825 for the certificate and the dealer says they do not pay the difference that Ford does. Any information would be appreciated.
On May 30, 2022 I phoned Ford MoCo Bronco hotline and inquired about turn around for price protection II. They said I should have received a check from the dealership within 45 days. I contacted the dealership and informed them that I have not received my price protection II check from them. The person that I needed to talk to was in a meeting. Dealership took my information and called me back within a few hours and said check will be in the mail tomorrow. I received my price protection II check yesterday June 8, 2022. So, it took roughly 9 weeks from the day I picked up my Bronco to receive/ reimbursement ( price protection check II).

lindertw

Base
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Received my build week notice recently and stopped into my dealer last weekend to go over a few final things.

Sales manager printed out the latest pricing sheet for me and it had my $800 price protection on it (base 2dr).

He said they take care of it and deal with Ford after the sale so their customers don't have to. I had printouts of my initial order sheet, current order sheet, and price protection email - didn't need it. :cool:

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Received my build week notice recently and stopped into my dealer last weekend to go over a few final things.

Sales manager printed out the latest pricing sheet for me and it had my $800 price protection on it (base 2dr).

He said they take care of it and deal with Ford after the sale so their customers don't have to. I had printouts of my initial order sheet, current order sheet, and price protection email - didn't need it. :cool:
Kudos to your dealer

Sponsored

cyberfalco

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 JK, 2000 Ram 2500, 1993 FZJ80, 1994 FZJ80
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My price protection was taken off the purchase price of the vehicle without asking along with my supplier discount. Some dealerships value their customers, some do not.

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don’t believe this is true. I was day 2 reservation and got email from Ford saying my price is protected due to reservation.
I placed my official order on 2/28/22 and went from a BL on res to a BD on order. Ford support gave me my price protection numbers over the phone.
Haven’t taken delivery yet, but don’t foresee an issue as I have the ford info and my dealers quote to me was the lower msrp.
I believe you will get Badlands price protection then as that's what you had reserved prior to the cutoff.

I ordered a BD for 2021 then a Badlands for 2022. I will get a total of $2075 price protection for a BD even though I have a Badlands ordered due to the cutoff date.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I ordered a BD for 2021 then a Badlands for 2022. I will get a total of $2075 price protection for a BD even though I have a Badlands ordered due to the cutoff date.
You'll get $2,575.
  • $825 - 2021MY to 2022MY early reservation price protection program for the Black Diamond
  • $1,750 - 2022MY to 2022.5MY retail price protection for the Badlands.

The early reservation price protection program is based on what you had on order as of October 1st, 2021. If you did not have anything on order... it is based on what you had reserved on March 19th, 2021. This program is only available for those who had reserved or ordered before March 19th, 2021, and it expires at the end of the 2023MY.

The retail price protection is based on what you had on order for the 2022 model year as of March 11th, 2022. This is just the standard retail price protection program that applies to everyone who placed a 2022 model year vehicle, and will become invalid at the end of the model year.

EDIT—
There is a second early reservation price protection program that is applicable to anyone who reserved before March 19th, 2021 but changed their order after March 11th, 2022. That price protection covers the 2022.5MY increases and follows the same requirements as the first early reservation price protection program.

Last edited:

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You'll get $2,575.
  • $825 - 2021MY to 2022MY early reservation price protection program for the Black Diamond
  • $1,750 - 2022MY to 2022.5MY retail price protection for the Badlands.

The early reservation price protection program is based on what you had on order as of October 1st, 2021. If you did not have anything on order... it is based on what you had reserved on March 19th, 2021. This program is only available for those who had reserved or ordered before March 19th, 2021, and it expires at the end of the 2023MY.

The retail price protection is based on what you had on order for the 2022 model year as of March 11th, 2022. This is just the standard retail price protection program that applies to everyone who placed a 2022 model year vehicle, and will become invalid at the end of the model year.

EDIT—
There is a second early reservation price protection program that is applicable to anyone who reserved before March 19th, 2021 but changed their order after March 11th, 2022. That price protection covers the 2022.5MY increases and follows the same requirements as the first early reservation price protection program.
okay, I thought the retail price protection applied to what we had ordered prior to October 1. This is confusing AF but I'll take the extra $500 lol.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

okay, I thought the retail price protection applied to what we had ordered prior to October 1. This is confusing AF but I'll take the extra $500 lol.
Yeah it’s confusing.

The worst part is if you change your order now that we’re past March 11th, you’ll lose the retail price protection and therefore you’ll lose that extra $500.

Sponsored

1stBroncoBase

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Base Bronco (Ordered)
Your Bronco Model
Base
My price protection was taken off the purchase price of the vehicle without asking along with my supplier discount. Some dealerships value their customers, some do not.
Agreed: Some dealerships value their customers, some do not.

Ordered in January 2022, picked up in May. Dealer (Lynch Ford, Mt Vernon Iowa) honored original MSRP (before mid year markup)

Now McGrath Ford, Hiawatha Iowa, different story...

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah it’s confusing.

The worst part is if you change your order now that we’re past March 11th, you’ll lose the retail price protection and therefore you’ll lose that extra $500.
can't change anyways, scheduled 6/27 with vin. Now I just cross fingers it goes out that week instead of sitting at MAP for 3 weeks while it's idle.
Sponsored