Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hello All,

I was looking for some price protection clarification. I originally placed my reservation in late 2020 (earliest email I can find with a reservation number is October 2020). Once the order window opened in early 2021, I decided to wait a bit and aim for a 2022 model. My final order was confirmed in November 2021. I recently received the email that my bronco has been built and is awaiting shipment (est. delivery in July 2022). Just as a precaution, would I qualify for price protection of any kind? I would like to have as much ammo in the arsenal, in the event my dealership tries to pull a fast one.

Thank you!
Sponsored

Mvruggink41

Wildtrak
First Name
Mitchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting on Wildtrak Bronco Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
To my understanding your order had to be confirmed before March 31st 2021 to qualify for the price protection.

I qualified but I am still waiting for $1750 dollars from the dealership I purchased mine through..

Good Luck (y)

OP
OP
Kirb46

Kirb46

Wildtrak
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
ya the wording is confusing as it says " Ford will honor 2021 MY MSRP pricing if you had a reservation or order as of March 19, 2021 " so I am confused if they are honoring the price protection based on the reservation date or the order date

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You qualify for two price protections:
  • Early reservation holder — This was a program that provided to anyone who reserved and/or ordered before March 19th, 2021.
    • If you had a 4-door Wildtrak reserved from the beginning this would be $695
  • Retail price protection — This is Ford’s standard price protection that protects all pre-March 11th retail order holders from the MY2022.5 price increases.
    • If you had a 4-door Wildtrak ordered this would be $1750
So assuming you ordered a 4-door Wildtrak, your MSRP cost should be $2,445 less than the MSRP listed on Build & Price today. The first price protection program will appear when your dealer pulls up your order in Vincent. The retail price protection is just Ford’s standard retail price protection.

Keep in mind that none of this determines the final selling price of the vehicle. That is ultimately between you and the dealer, and hopefully you came to an agreement on pricing back when you ordered your vehicle. BUT, you should still receive the early reservation holder program rebate regardless of the price you agreed on. So say, for example, that you and you dealer agreed on a cost of $60,000 back November 2021 with dealer documentation and registration fees included. With the early reservation program rebate, your final cost should be $59,305.

(Confused yet?)

Last edited:

nickf

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Here is the price protection FAQ from Ford. That should have helpful information. I'm still going back and forth with my dealer about the exact details, but it sounds like it's not as cut and dry as they made it seem.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Kirb46

Kirb46

Wildtrak
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

how do you find your price protection ID number
Ford support will give it to you.

Your dealer should be able to do all of this in Smart Vincent. So I would only bother calling Ford’s support line if you have an issue at your dealer.

Sometimes you’ll end up with a salesperson who has absolutely no idea how to handle price protections and rebates—usually because the lead sales manager happens to be on vacation or because they’re off work on that particular day (common if you go on the weekend). But in most cases the dealer will handle this themselves. Just double-check their work.

Kludge

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Base
I just spoke to the finance manager at my dealer and he told me the price protection comes in the form of a rebate check that will be mailed to me following the purchase. That isn't the way I read the process on Ford's website;

"This pricing adjustment will take place at the time of delivery through your dealer. As a reminder, the final selling price is based on the buyer’s agreement with your selected dealer. In order for you to receive this price protection, your dealer will need to search for and apply the certificate at the time you take delivery of your Bronco. You will not receive an email with the discount certificate. "

Can someone who's finalized their purchase when/how the price protection is actually applied?

Sponsored

GroovyGhost

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I ordered March 17 2021. And re-ordered Oct 16 2021. My dealer honored the MSRP at the time of re-order and subtracted the 2021 price protection cert from the sale price. Probably the best possible scenario. I have seen others post that their dealer would send them the check later.

KyTruckPlant

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Mustang, 05 F150, 08 Expedition EL, 21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You qualify for two price protections:
  • Early reservation holder — This was a program that provided to anyone who reserved and/or ordered before March 19th, 2021.
    • If you had a 4-door Wildtrak reserved from the beginning this would be $695
  • Retail price protection — This is Ford’s standard price protection that protects all pre-March 11th retail order holders from the MY2022.5 price increases.
    • If you had a 4-door Wildtrak ordered this would be $1750
So assuming you ordered a 4-door Wildtrak, your MSRP cost should be $2,445 less than the MSRP listed on Build & Price today. The first price protection program will appear when your dealer pulls up your order in Vincent. The retail price protection is just Ford’s standard retail price protection.

Keep in mind that none of this determines the final selling price of the vehicle. That is ultimately between you and the dealer, and hopefully you came to an agreement on pricing back when you ordered your vehicle. BUT, you should still receive the early reservation holder program rebate regardless of the price you agreed on. So say, for example, that you and you dealer agreed on a cost of $60,000 back November 2021 with dealer documentation and registration fees included. With the early reservation program rebate, your final cost should be $59,305.

(Confused yet?)
What would be your take on someone who holds a day 5 reservation, and also gets A-plan?

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What would be your take on someone who holds a day 5 reservation, and also gets A-plan?
I’ll let you know in about 2 months once my Bronco is delivered. ;) (I got Z-plan.)

Truthfully I’m not 100% sure—I was trying to figure that out the other day. The early reservation holder program (PGM#38406) is compatible with AZD-plan pricing. So we should receive the price protection certificate for being an early reservation holder. However, the price protection certificate will most likely be based on the 2021 retail MSRP and not the 2021 AZD-plan price.

So my assumption is that our MSRP will be the 2022MY AZD-plan price minus the PGM#38406 certificate—which, for Badlands, is $825. We are not going to be price protected all the way back to the 2021MY AZD-plan price.

OP
OP
Kirb46

Kirb46

Wildtrak
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
thank you all for your replies! This is the first vehicle I will have ever purchased so wish me luck. Any tips are always welcomed
Sponsored