Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's weird to me that Ford made this giant really nice 12" touch screen for the center and then stuck Nintendo 64 graphics above the steering wheel.
got a point there. Secretly hoping they can update that over the air sometime

bigblueboing

Black Diamond
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It’s a throwback to the original bronco dash and speedo. Notice no tach. And Speedo to the left of the column.
Ford Bronco Bronco dash board instrumentation C3E82BB3-C82D-47F8-9D2F-C460AF3D62D5

Jjt24

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
First picture ir 22 Maverick
Second picture is 21 Bronco Sport
Third picture is 21 Bronco
The Bronco's tachometer looks like a fuel gauge.
The other ones looks good and all the other Ford dashboards looks right but the Bronco just doesn't look right!

Ford Bronco Bronco dash board instrumentation C3E82BB3-C82D-47F8-9D2F-C460AF3D62D5

I prefer the 3rd picture

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It's weird to me that Ford made this giant really nice 12" touch screen for the center and then stuck Nintendo 64 graphics above the steering wheel.
It is actually good that they put anything in the traditional location. Some new cars only have the center monitor. How would that be to get used to! I like the layout. I really don't care about the tac or the vertical meter. All I really need is speed and gas.

Sponsored

zombie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands (7spd) 2022 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Personally I think they should have just put an analog tach where the current analog speedometer is. Digital is fine for a speedo, but that weird bar tach is dumb IMO. It's not enough to make me regret buying the vehicle, but it just doesn't make a lot of sense. If they wanted to go digital they could have at least used a sweeping bar tach similar to how a lot of motorcycles with TFT dashes do (my 2016 Multistrada 1200 S, for instance:)

maxresdefault.jpg

(not my actual bike, lol)

Reactions: Dom

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I got used to the Bronco Dash pretty quick. What the pic doesn't show you is the info on the right side of the dash. You can customize what gauges show (like temps, boost, etc), see you drivetrain config, view your angles, etc.

Sure the Tach is a little odd, but the rest of it and the amount of live info you can see at one time is pretty nice.

OP
OP

GeoSue

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 geo tracker
Your Bronco Model
Base
I feel like the Bronco Dash could use improvements, or at least customize it to give a more "classic" look with gauges and none of this bar graph nonsense.
Why cant they make it like MyColor or the F150 digital dash?
The F150 looks great.

OP
OP

GeoSue

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 geo tracker
Your Bronco Model
Base
Personally I think they should have just put an analog tach where the current analog speedometer is. Digital is fine for a speedo, but that weird bar tach is dumb IMO. It's not enough to make me regret buying the vehicle, but it just doesn't make a lot of sense. If they wanted to go digital they could have at least used a sweeping bar tach similar to how a lot of motorcycles with TFT dashes do (my 2016 Multistrada 1200 S, for instance:)

Ford Bronco Bronco dash board instrumentation maxresdefault

(not my actual bike, lol)
I'm waiting for the bronco I ordered.
I'm sure I will like it when I get it but I was shocked when I saw the dash in one of the mannequins and so wasn't the salesman at the dealership.
They told me that there must be a way to make it look normal. They just needed time to figure it out.
Guess they were wrong.

MN_OuterBanks

Outer Banks
First Name
AW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150 SuperCrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Never liked the instrument cluster in the bronco. Looks like an after thought or they just went ‘eh, good enough’.

Sponsored
OP
OP

GeoSue

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 geo tracker
Your Bronco Model
Base
It is actually good that they put anything in the traditional location. Some new cars only have the center monitor. How would that be to get used to! I like the layout. I really don't care about the tac or the vertical meter. All I really need is speed and gas.
I don't use the tach all the time but I do use it when I pull a trailer up a hill to keep it in the power range especially with a tiny 2.3 turbo.

OP
OP

GeoSue

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 geo tracker
Your Bronco Model
Base
while I think the dash is a bit odd/silly, I don't really care, but I also have to wonder, in all my decades of driving, I've not once looked at the RPMs on the tach, ever. No matter what car, I shifted by ear. Maybe I looked at it once when I tried to max out my parent's Benz on the Autobahn (just a bit over 200Km/h) a long time ago. Do many of you actually look at that during driving? Why?
Not trolling, serious question, I never felt I needed to know the RpM.
So you used the tachometer when you were working the Benz hard.
These 2.3's and 2.7's have taken the place of the V8.
They are working hard also.

zombie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands (7spd) 2022 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't think anyone is saying the current dash in unusable, I just think it's odd to have an analog speedometer and less than 2 inches from that have a giant speed readout and then next to that a weird fuel-gauge style tach.
Sponsored