michaeldc46

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Jeep JK - 2 Door Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My Bronco was delivered to me with a broken windshield. Ford mandates that the dealer have the windshield replaced at their location and the dealer selects the Windshield repair company. The dealer had a local company replace the windshield. The Glass Company damaged my vehicle pulling out the old windshield and scratched and chipped the paint on the A pillers, hood and one of the fenders putting the new glass in. Auto Body Shop estimate was around $2500 to repair. They have to pull and replace the windshield with a new one to get to the damaged areas. They would sand out the damage, apply base coat and feather it in with the surrounding area and then clear coat the entire front fender, hood and A piller. They also damaged the front cap on the luggage rack. And the Windshield was not centered. I did not want to sand, repaint and clearcoat on a brand new vehicle with under 500 miles. (Took more than 10 days to get the windshield replaced - had to have Fords approval). Ford does not accept responsibly for the broken windshield once it is on the Transport Carrier and the Dealer selected the Glass Repair Company. An alternative solution that I like better is to "micro" sand only the defects and then utilize Ford Color Matched Touch up paint and then apply XPEL film on the front end which should hide all the touched up areas. That estimate came to around $3300 with a new centered windshield. I do not want to start repainting a new vehicle with aftermarket air dried base coat and clear coat. Currently Ford, Transportation Company, Dealer and the Glass Company are going back and forth as to who pays. I am astounded at the time and debate between all the parties. I recommended a Glass Company to replace the original broken windshield - do in my drive, 3 day glass delivery $1050 with the calibration - nope must be done at the Ford Dealer. I then recommended that my recommended Glass Company go to the dealer to replace - nope - they have a "guy". So all four parties have a share in this mess. Told all today that "I will make my own light at the end of the tunnel" and will "settle" with all four parties later and I will just front the money for the repair. Comments ....
Sponsored

OBXdreamin

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
That is terrible, but no way would I front the repair and attempt to ā€˜settleā€™ with that circlejerk later. They own that mess, dont try to insert yourself into it.

goatman2

Badlands
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gandgautorepair.com
Vehicle(s)
F450, Jeep XJ, Porsche 911, 2dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That is terrible, but no way would I front the repair and attempt to ā€˜settleā€™ with that circlejerk later. They own that mess, dont try to insert yourself into it.
Yes, absolutely. DO NOT DO THAT! You loose all your leverage. The dealership is responsible. They must make it right and they must collect from the other parties. Just deal with the dealership. Go up the line until you get the answer you want.

BroncoSarge

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 AMB Bronco, 2021 CO Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You need to let the dealership handle repairs. If they want to remove, sand, paint and clearcoat, they should. Iā€™m sure your not happy. Iā€™m sure you want things a certain way. Thatā€™s not always how it works. You get to approve the final result. If it isnā€™t right, they need to make It right. Give them the room to.

Fonz54

Badlands
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Commander, Porsche Cayenne, Mercedes C250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Jeez who did they hire to replace the windshield some shade tree mechanic? Sorry that you have to deal with this. Such a huge pain in the ass!

Sponsored

mcinfantry

Badlands
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Read whatever contracts you are bound by law to adhere to
You donā€™t get to do what you want when it comes to insurance claims

no matter that you ā€˜thinkā€™ should be done insurance policies are a contract. And the contract itself is the binding agreement.

you can always do what you want and pay out of your pocket

and they can deny you based on breach of contract as they have the right to repair and inspect before repair etcā€¦.

your state laws will help you here.

they can refuse and send you to your own insurance who will do as they see fit and subrogate tooā€¦.

BroncoB

First Edition
First Name
Christine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Jeez, itā€™s a windshield. I thought they perfected replacing that decades ago (I was quite impressed watching Safelite replace mine a few times over the years). But then again weā€™re dealing with Ford who seems to have a lot of trouble with things like lug nuts, dip sticks, and now windshields.

I donā€™t trust the body shop either. I had a weird ripple/bulge in my fender and the Dealers body shop insisted they would have to pound it out, fill, and paint it which I did not want to do. I called a pdr guy who fixed it in about 10 minutes. I paid out of pocket for the pdr but it was well worth it.

Last edited:

SasquatchMansquatch

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4 door basquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Wow, that is terrible. Pretty ridiculous that they couldn't get a windshield replacement right.

OP
OP

michaeldc46

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Jeep JK - 2 Door Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My Bronco was delivered to me with a broken windshield. Ford mandates that the dealer have the windshield replaced at their location and the dealer selects the Windshield repair company. The dealer had a local company replace the windshield. The Glass Company damaged my vehicle pulling out the old windshield and scratched and chipped the paint on the A pillers, hood and one of the fenders putting the new glass in. Auto Body Shop estimate was around $2500 to repair. They have to pull and replace the windshield with a new one to get to the damaged areas. They would sand out the damage, apply base coat and feather it in with the surrounding area and then clear coat the entire front fender, hood and A piller. They also damaged the front cap on the luggage rack. And the Windshield was not centered. I did not want to sand, repaint and clearcoat on a brand new vehicle with under 500 miles. (Took more than 10 days to get the windshield replaced - had to have Fords approval). Ford does not accept responsibly for the broken windshield once it is on the Transport Carrier and the Dealer selected the Glass Repair Company. An alternative solution that I like better is to "micro" sand only the defects and then utilize Ford Color Matched Touch up paint and then apply XPEL film on the front end which should hide all the touched up areas. That estimate came to around $3300 with a new centered windshield. I do not want to start repainting a new vehicle with aftermarket air dried base coat and clear coat. Currently Ford, Transportation Company, Dealer and the Glass Company are going back and forth as to who pays. I am astounded at the time and debate between all the parties. I recommended a Glass Company to replace the original broken windshield - do in my drive, 3 day glass delivery $1050 with the calibration - nope must be done at the Ford Dealer. I then recommended that my recommended Glass Company go to the dealer to replace - nope - they have a "guy". So all four parties have a share in this mess. Told all today that "I will make my own light at the end of the tunnel" and will "settle" with all four parties later and I will just front the money for the repair. Comments ....
Dealer gave me a check for the full amount for the Body Shop repair quote - I then will have Motor City Auto Spa lightly sand the affected areas and will touch up those areas with Ford touch up paint and then XPEL the affected areas and also at my expense do the rest of the vehicle with the XPEL - was on the fence before the windshield damage, but this was the extra push I needed to do the XPEL (have another vehicle that I did in XPEL and Ceramic Pro plus - fantastic !). Looks like the doors really need protection from all the "dirty Bronco" pictures I have seen. Will also have the Windshield replaced with a new one that is centered.

Jfman

Base
First Name
jean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord
Your Bronco Model
Base
LMG: The body shop will then blow the motor.
Sponsored