heybenji

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
volkswagon atlas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Do you think Bronco will maintain its current design like the Wrangler to hopefully maintain value, or will they start tweaking the exterior?
Sponsored

jehines3

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX350L, Chevrolet Silverado, Lincoln MKC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They will milk this money machine for 6-8 years with a mid-cycle refresh. Changing parts takes time and money. They won't change anything (except poor engineering choices) until they get a look at the next-gen wrangler and 4Runner.

Sponsored

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford's history is to take a great product that sells well and redesign it into something completely different and useless and call it the same name.
The F150, Mustang and Explorer would all like to have a word with you. What great selling Ford product were you referring to that got redesigned into something useless??

BigBendBW

Heritage
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
The F150, Mustang and Explorer would all like to have a word with you. What great selling Ford product were you referring to that got redesigned into something useless??
I imagine they are referring to the Taurus?

killaz05

Badlands
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands 2.7 Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think Bronco will remain mostly the same until the next Gen which is reported for 2029. I do feel that the Heritage/Everglades squared off fenders will make it into the mid-cycle refresh as well as the full digital dash from the Raptor (in Lux trims) but if they want the aftermarket support Jeep has, you will have to maintain most of it for a good amount of time so that way more parts are interchangeable.

Sponsored

El Bronco Blanco

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Explorer XLT, 2021 Mazda CX-9
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ya'all know they will eventually make the Bronco rounded and sloped.

I didn't know we had entered the Blazer forum....

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I imagine they are referring to the Taurus?
The problem with the Taurus was not the re-design, it was re-branding. Ford took the best selling car in America (yes, it was steadily losing sales to Toyota and Honda), killed the name, and called it the 500. By the time they realized the mistake and changed the name back to Taurus, the damage was done.

But back on topic, yeah the current Bronco design will eventually get tweaked, that is just common sense. But have a look at the Wrangler JL vs JK. The 2018 JL was an "all new design" but I bet most casual buyers couldn't pick out the styling differences between the two.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They won't change anything (except poor engineering choices) until they get a look at the next-gen wrangler and 4Runner.
Looking at what not to do I hope.

Ya'all know they will eventually make the Bronco rounded and sloped.
It's inevitable that it gets a little more aerodynamic as they chase higher fuel economy.

CT203

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The problem with the Taurus was not the re-design, it was re-branding. Ford took the best selling car in America (yes, it was steadily losing sales to Toyota and Honda), killed the name, and called it the 500. By the time they realized the mistake and changed the name back to Taurus, the damage was done.

But back on topic, yeah the current Bronco design will eventually get tweaked, that is just common sense. But have a look at the Wrangler JL vs JK. The 2018 JL was an "all new design" but I bet most casual buyers couldn't pick out the styling differences between the two.
The 500 was underrated. It was a very impressive car- sat high- not far off from the Explorer, very comfortable, AWD, huge trunk, impressive MPG. People wanted SUVs though.

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 badlands 2 door. 22 Burban Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It’s going to have to change as everything is redesigned ev style. Still no idea where all them hippies are going to plug them in at. Then we’re gonna get hit with road tax for mileage every year.

Plus side, ev bronco would have the makings of a excellent crawler. Probably 600 horse and over 1000 torque (just pulling numbers out my ass here) Will be extremely manageable at low end.

I would dump mine for a proper electric bronco. But then again batteries and punctures don’t go well together. Have to see what they come up with for battery location and clearance.
Sponsored