First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Today I was bringing my kids to school. While stopped at a red light my Bronco all of a sudden shuts down. Could not even turn on emergency flashers. I tried to restart the car, but it was unresponsive. Opened the hood to see if I can spot something (i couldn't), shut the hood and tried to start again which it did. Went a few blocks and it happened again. What's weird is that both times I could not get it to restart until I opened the hood. Has not happened again so far. Any feedback or thoughts would be very helpful.
Sponsored

Last edited:

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Today I was bringing my kids to school. While stopped at a red light my Bronco all of a sudden shuts down. Could not even turn on emergency flashers. I tried to restart the car, but it was unresponsive. Opened the hood to see if I can spot something (i couldn't), shut the hood and tried to start again which it did. Went a few blocks and it happened again. What's weird is that both times I could not get it to restart until I opened the hood. Has not happened again so far. Any feedback or thoughts would be very helpful.
Sounds like loose battery cables or other electrical connection. Pop the hood and check everything.

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Sounds like loose battery cables or other electrical connection. Pop the hood and check everything.
Exactly ... didn't we just have a thread that matched this scenario a week ago? Thought the terminal was so loose that it pulled free from the post even though it was tightened all the way.

Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Can you send over a message with your VIN and the name/location of your local Ford dealer? I would like to look into this loss of power issue on my end.

FloridaBurgBronco

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands, 2013 F-150 XLT HDPP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes, I had a similar situation, I was on a trail and it stalled, it would not restart at all, despite multiple attempts and also lost all ability to brake. Bronco has been at Ford since Nov 20, but they finally sent someone out from Ford, a Field Service Engineer on Feb 14, yes it took them that long to address it. Not sure how much of that was a bad dealer or Ford, but at any case, my experience has been poor with my new Bronco. I am supposed to get word back today on what their findings were. As a result of the powertrain malfunction which is what the Bronco's computer called it, I rolled backwards until I hit a tree and damaged the tailgate and glass as well as the bumper on the Bronco. I will post an update on this forum once I know more. Unfortunately, however, this is not isolated to us, as there have been multiple issues very similar to this one in regards to the vehicle shutting off for no apparent reason and it not being able to restart, which is also a problem.

BlarneyStoned

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saleen
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Mine did this a few times, turned out to be a loose negative battery terminal connection. Tighted it and haven't had any issues since. When it did happen to me, it was almost always with the auto start-stop kicked in at a light.
Sponsored