First Name
Sur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z3 Coupe (Clownshoe)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The only design element of the new Bronco that bugs me, although I don't even dislike it in a vacuum, is the grille + headlight design which doesn't really refer to the original. In the original, there is a flat grille and headlights that sit inside of the tip of the front fenders, which creates a distinctive friendly/cute look. In the new one, the grille curves, and the grille + headlights sit in front of the tip of the fenders. I wonder why they did this? Maybe some obscure safety regulation. It would be cool if there was some way to create that more classic looking face. Perhaps a kit which replaces the grille with a flat piece and fender extension. What say the community? Am I just a Debbie Downer picking nits?
Sponsored

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Well, for the price of a loaded out 6G you can get a really nice EB. Outside of that I think Ford did an amazing job linking the two together and capturing the spirit without making it a direct copy. I'm a white top holdout so I know where you're coming from, there are certain things they missed and I'm pretty sure the aftermarket will come up with a true retro grille. For now though I'll be getting a BD with the standard lights and grille but will look into getting the outside edge painted body color with the inside painted silver.

Fly by Nite

Base
First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 F-150 Nite, 2001 Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Aerodynamics play a big role in front end design. Recessed headlights or grille wouldn't be as 'smooth' to airflow and result in slightly lower gas mileage. Designers do all they can to eek out every bit of mpg.

TopRecon

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2D Basesquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Aerodynamics play a big role in front end design. Recessed headlights or grille wouldn't be as 'smooth' to airflow and result in slightly lower gas mileage. Designers do all they can to eek out every bit of mpg.
I think the Jeep Renegade still manages to do it better than the Bronco does. The grille is inset and narrower, the headlights are recessed and aren't sitting so far apart, it doesn't look quite as wall-eyed as the Bronco.
Ford Bronco Bronco Grille and Headlight Design Jeep-Renegade-2019-02fr.JPG

The Bronco DR also looks a lot better than the standard Bronco because the wide fenders make the grille look proportionally narrower, the sharp corners of the grille aren't sticking out from the edge of the fender.

Ford Bronco Bronco Grille and Headlight Design 2023-ford-bronco-dr-03-1635858550
Sponsored