Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 Mustang Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Fair market value is not $10-$20 over MSRP, especially if you paid MSRP. If you were the ins. company you would not give someone more money for the same truck on a lot that they can order for MSRP. You should have kept typing to say a Bronco is not a supercar or old muscle car. When those are insured they have to be appraised at the time you insure them. Based on the value of the appraisal they are insured. They don't get insured for more then their value. How do I know this. I knew a guy that restored cars and watched the appraisal process a number of times. Most of the time the owners complained they were under estimated.
Please just say you have no idea how the insurance process works and move on. Been through it twice and my mom worked in insurance. If the insurance company looks at comps and they are all $10k-$20k over MSRP that is what he will get, end of story. I got paid out more for my 2017 Tacoma than I paid for it... It happens every day.
Sponsored

Novi

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak (2-door), 2022 Audi RS5
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Sorry about the 2-door curse. Glad you're okay, you definitely want to go to the hospital to get checked out though since symptoms can take time to manifest.

As far as the car, lawyer up. You'd be surprised at the level of damage they're willing to fix on these. They repaired $27k in damages on mine + diminished value instead of totaling it out.

OP
OP

usshelena725

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 2dr Big Bend 7MT (on the way)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Sorry about the 2-door curse. Glad you're okay, you definitely want to go to the hospital to get checked out though since symptoms can take time to manifest.

As far as the car, lawyer up. You'd be surprised at the level of damage they're willing to fix on these. They repaired $27k in damages on mine + diminished value instead of totaling it out.

How did you go about requesting and getting diminished value? I've heard that is a long battle that most don't win.

I don't want the vehicle back - it was seriously banged up - but if that happens, I would prefer to not end up having a vehicle worth 2/3 of what it was worth originally through no fault of my own.

OP
OP

usshelena725

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
UPDATE:

Body shop is doing the estimate on the vehicle this week. Insurance company should have an idea of how to proceed by weeks end.

Received the police report and the witness and police all agreed he ran the red light. The other driver was issued two tickets for the accident.

Novi

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak (2-door), 2022 Audi RS5
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
How did you go about requesting and getting diminished value? I've heard that is a long battle that most don't win.

I don't want the vehicle back - it was seriously banged up - but if that happens, I would prefer to not end up having a vehicle worth 2/3 of what it was worth originally through no fault of my own.
I actually self-drove the process by doing a lot of research around comps and getting quotes from a variety of parties for my Bronco w/an accident on the record. A lot of people recommend lawyering up and there are a lot of services that can help with it since it gets pretty tedious and technical. Thankfully the drunk driver who hit ours had good insurance. If they had state min or something I'd definitely have had to go through the legal system.

Sponsored

kimmiemom64

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Wow, so sorry this happened to you, but grateful y'all are okay. My boss is a volunteer firefighter, he went over my Bronco with a fine-toothed comb when I got it. Came in a couple weeks ago and said he had to extricate a young man from a Bronco. Poor lad had fallen asleep and nailed a tree. Fortunately, my boss knew where the door bolts were and was able to cut the door off quickly. Said the safety features in the vehicle saved the kid. Praying you are able to get quick and full resolution to this mess and will be Bronco bound again!

HPRBD60560

Black Diamond
First Name
Jude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Title says it all. Had 182 miles on her. Light turned green and I saw the other guy coming at a high rate of speed (police estimated over 70mph based on how far his car traveled afterwards), I was going about 15mph or so, tried to stop in time and didn't make it. He slammed into the front passenger side of our Bronco. Radiator pushed into the dash, engine and transmission pushed into the ground. Surprisingly, none of the airbags went off - all of the other guys' car did (he was driving a newer Chevy Traverse). We are all okay, other than some minor bumps and cuts.

So what happens next? I was still on a temp tag, don't even have the title yet. No loan on the vehicle. Travelers Insurance.

Will they try and repair it? I don't want them to, not sure if I get a say in the matter.

If it is totaled - how do I get made whole? I mean, I paid MSRP - but waited 2yrs to get her. Do they give me the $$$ to buy one off a lot over sticker? Do they give me 'actual cash value', which is obviously more than MSRP. Do they only give me what I paid and I wait another 2 years? No idea how this all works.

Anyone have any insight on what the chances are this thing is totaled? So bummed out, man.

Bronco Accident Pic 1.jpg

Bronco Accident Pic 2 (1).jpg
I got you beat.... I got slammed into 7 hours after delivery. I put on 40 miles.

HPRBD60560

Black Diamond
First Name
Jude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I actually self-drove the process by doing a lot of research around comps and getting quotes from a variety of parties for my Bronco w/an accident on the record. A lot of people recommend lawyering up and there are a lot of services that can help with it since it gets pretty tedious and technical. Thankfully the drunk driver who hit ours had good insurance. If they had state min or something I'd definitely have had to go through the legal system.
I hired Billy with Collision Safety Consultants... he came very highly recommended in the Bronco groups and forums.

BigBendBW

Heritage
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
UPDATE:

Body shop is doing the estimate on the vehicle this week. Insurance company should have an idea of how to proceed by weeks end.

Received the police report and the witness and police all agreed he ran the red light. The other driver was issued two tickets for the accident.
Hopefully he has good insurance. AT MINIMUM you should get MSRP. Likely more.

Bronco56

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Carbonized Grey Badlands Lux 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I may have missed it but seems like an air bag somewhere should have gone off…
I saw a new mustang get destroyed and no air bags deployed. An attorney I know who does personal injury said fords are notorious for this.

Last edited:

Sponsored

JimmyG

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords and Cadillacs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Please just say you have no idea how the insurance process works and move on. Been through it twice and my mom worked in insurance. If the insurance company looks at comps and they are all $10k-$20k over MSRP that is what he will get, end of story. I got paid out more for my 2017 Tacoma than I paid for it... It happens every day.
Savage!

FellowM3

Raptor
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 22' Braptor, 2020 BMW M340
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Whats the rule of thumb again. If it exceeds 80% of MSRP?

OP
OP

usshelena725

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Whats the rule of thumb again. If it exceeds 80% of MSRP?
No idea. Needs an entire new engine, frame is substantially bent by more than half a foot. Front frame rails were shattered. Turbo and also broken in half and front drivetrain is destroyed.

Body shop said if authorized to repair it - I would probably be looking at nearly a year due to backorder of frame and engine parts.

FellowM3

Raptor
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 22' Braptor, 2020 BMW M340
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Sorry dude =[

I'd try to ensure its totalled. This way maybe you just get another bronco. Otherwise you'd be in a rental car until the car is done, and after waiting for the bronco, it isnt fair to wait and keep following up on repairs.

Sorry this happened to you and good luck. Thankfully everyone was safe after.
Sponsored