Sponsored
OP
OP

usshelena725

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 2dr Big Bend 7MT (on the way)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
UPDATE: Vehicle is totaled but value exceeds the insurance limits of the other party who was deemed at fault.

So now trying to work out that issue.
Sponsored

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Whats the rule of thumb again. If it exceeds 80% of MSRP?
Depends on the state. A lot are Repair + salvage value > 75%. Since the salvage value is stupid high on bronco even a low amount of damage can cause a salvage in those states.

TN seems to be one of the few states where salvage value does not matter, and a quick search indicates that it is 75% of current retail value.

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

UPDATE: Vehicle is totaled but value exceeds the insurance limits of the other party who was deemed at fault.

So now trying to work out that issue.
Does your policy not have for an Underinsured Motorist?

OP
OP

usshelena725

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Does your policy not have for an Underinsured Motorist?
It does - but the difference is quite minimal, so I am trying to get his insurance company to just pay me up to his limit so I can avoid having to get my insurance company involved. His limit was 50,000 and they say the value owed to me is 53,000'ish. I am willing to waive the 3k if they will just hurry up and cut me a check so I can move on and also avoid having anything hit my insurance.

Sponsored

bikearch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 camaro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Be wary of the fault issue as here in ca...the onus is partially on you for intering a unsafe intersection.......??...sucks!!! Glad you are okay and so sorry for your loss.

OP
OP

usshelena725

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Be wary of the fault issue as here in ca...the onus is partially on you for intering a unsafe intersection.......??...sucks!!! Glad you are okay and so sorry for your loss.
No fault issues here - police and insurance both noted him at 100% fault. Tennessee laws are cut and dry.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Doubly so if the other driver is uninsured in California. Don't ask me how that works... my ex and I were sued after she was hit by two people in a vehicle running a red light while I was deployed overseas.

The story had a happy ending though, we were notified that the ligation was dropped after both the litigants died in prison. It was a damn shame that Karma showed up. (yes, it's a true story).
Sponsored