Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Frame is undoubtedly bent and swayed over a good few inches. Fixable yes but I wouldn't want it back. Find similar ones to yours and makes sure to include the real world cost, not what you paid. Never take first offer. If they jack you around tell them your back is starting to hurt lol.
Sponsored

ColeTrain84

Badlands
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Since you were clearly not at fault, I would think the other guys insurance would be the one you would settle with. You should be able to come out whole but ---

"We are all okay, other than some minor bumps and cuts."

it never helps your negotiating position to make to make statements like this. Keep all of your options open.
Bingo I'd be in a ton of pain until they paid me the amount to replace the rig. Lol

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Totaled, almost certainly.

2-Door = hard to find.
Probably a stick shift just to make it harder.

Insurance company is required to "make you whole". That means replacement value.

If you have a good working relationship with your dealer, ask them to do an inventory search for you (entire US). If there is another 2-Door BB out there on a lot they should be able to find it. They can also give you a written quote. (including shipping). Then hand a copy of the quote to the insurance companies as documented replacement cost.

vzqhsg

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Simply not true. They will pay fair market value. Imagine buying a supercar or old muscle car that is now worth more than it was when it was sold. Same principle applies here.
Fair market value is not $10-$20 over MSRP, especially if you paid MSRP. If you were the ins. company you would not give someone more money for the same truck on a lot that they can order for MSRP. You should have kept typing to say a Bronco is not a supercar or old muscle car. When those are insured they have to be appraised at the time you insure them. Based on the value of the appraisal they are insured. They don't get insured for more then their value. How do I know this. I knew a guy that restored cars and watched the appraisal process a number of times. Most of the time the owners complained they were under estimated.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Fair market value is not $10-$20 over MSRP, especially if you paid MSRP. If you were the ins. company you would not give someone more money for the same truck on a lot that they can order for MSRP.
Fair Market value is just that - the fair cost to replace in the current market.

Normally the insurance company would do an inventory search in the nearest 250 miles or so, and take the median value. You can then negotiate up from there if you can justify it.

For example, when daughter wrecked her 07 Dakota, the insurance company came back with a value that was about average for 06-08 Dakotas in the state. They then upped it by $800 when I gave them a copy of the receipt for new tires that was less than 30 days old.

So, if there is a 2-Door BB in the OP's state for MSRP, then that's the market value. If every one they can find is 5-10k over, then market value is 7.5k over.

It's the cost to replace, not whatever he paid for it originally.

Sponsored

vzqhsg

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Fair Market value is just that - the fair cost to replace in the current market.

Normally the insurance company would do an inventory search in the nearest 250 miles or so, and take the median value. You can then negotiate up from there if you can justify it.

For example, when daughter wrecked her 07 Dakota, the insurance company came back with a value that was about average for 06-08 Dakotas in the state. They then upped it by $800 when I gave them a copy of the receipt for new tires that was less than 30 days old.

So, if there is a 2-Door BB in the OP's state for MSRP, then that's the market value. If every one they can find is 5-10k over, then market value is 7.5k over.

It's the cost to replace, not whatever he paid for it originally.
How old is his truck??

BluebroncoNC

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco & 1977 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Using your insurance literally isn’t using claimants insurance it’s using your own
Um. Correct since my insurance had to.cover the difference between the valuation of the truck and the maximum limit of the insurer's policy. And again to get the valuation, which they do not use any book valuations, but a service to value vehicles, determined so they knew how much to send me.

Now I took an ambulance ride to the hospital along with a sundry scans to determine no concussion as the airbag did not deploy and I face olanted into the steering wheel which led to bleeding. The insurer's policy paid for the medical, no questions asked.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
How old is his truck??
5 days old. Which means "comps" are new vehicles on lots, and used ones with under 1000 miles.

Which is why I said he should have his dealer find him a replacement, and give a written quote for the cost. As long as the insurance adjuster has some paperwork to cover his own rear end, he should be amenable to that as a valuation.

Mcb345

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You absolutely should be reporting the airbags not deploying to Ford if the collision was intense enough that you hit the wheel and went to the hospital.

This is brutal, I fee for you here!

I’d lawyer up to make sure all of this is documented, you get good money for the car and medical bills paid for etc.

SROC3

Big Bend
First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2022
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

man. So sorry to hear and see this. Like most have said - Lawyer up and get em for everything you can. DO it.

Sponsored

brianbrn

Wildtrak
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Title says it all. Had 182 miles on her. Light turned green and I saw the other guy coming at a high rate of speed (police estimated over 70mph based on how far his car traveled afterwards), I was going about 15mph or so, tried to stop in time and didn't make it. He slammed into the front passenger side of our Bronco. Radiator pushed into the dash, engine and transmission pushed into the ground. Surprisingly, none of the airbags went off - all of the other guys' car did (he was driving a newer Chevy Traverse). We are all okay, other than some minor bumps and cuts.

So what happens next? I was still on a temp tag, don't even have the title yet. No loan on the vehicle. Travelers Insurance.

Will they try and repair it? I don't want them to, not sure if I get a say in the matter.

If it is totaled - how do I get made whole? I mean, I paid MSRP - but waited 2yrs to get her. Do they give me the $$$ to buy one off a lot over sticker? Do they give me 'actual cash value', which is obviously more than MSRP. Do they only give me what I paid and I wait another 2 years? No idea how this all works.

Anyone have any insight on what the chances are this thing is totaled? So bummed out, man.

Bronco Accident Pic 1.jpg

Bronco Accident Pic 2 (1).jpg
It's hard to say on the total. I'm leaning towards totaled. I had a 2019 Ford Explorer with 2000 miles when a pickup lost control on the ice and tboned me. Repair cost $29k. Sticker was $44k. Fortunately it was a fleet vehicle so my company dealt with it all. The "get a lawyer" comments are true. But I bet the lawyers find you before they find them. About a week after my collision I started getting mail from every lawyer in town. Even though it was a fleet vehicle, my companies insurance (Travelers) and my personal insurance company (farmers) paid for everything I needed and in court I came out significantly ahead. It was a good Christmas that year.

OP
OP

usshelena725

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 2dr Big Bend 7MT (on the way)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Just an update - no news at this time - still waiting on the police report.

jd8291

Big Bend
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Big Bend, Nissan Altima
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Title says it all. Had 182 miles on her. Light turned green and I saw the other guy coming at a high rate of speed (police estimated over 70mph based on how far his car traveled afterwards), I was going about 15mph or so, tried to stop in time and didn't make it. He slammed into the front passenger side of our Bronco. Radiator pushed into the dash, engine and transmission pushed into the ground. Surprisingly, none of the airbags went off - all of the other guys' car did (he was driving a newer Chevy Traverse). We are all okay, other than some minor bumps and cuts.

So what happens next? I was still on a temp tag, don't even have the title yet. No loan on the vehicle. Travelers Insurance.

Will they try and repair it? I don't want them to, not sure if I get a say in the matter.

If it is totaled - how do I get made whole? I mean, I paid MSRP - but waited 2yrs to get her. Do they give me the $$$ to buy one off a lot over sticker? Do they give me 'actual cash value', which is obviously more than MSRP. Do they only give me what I paid and I wait another 2 years? No idea how this all works.

Anyone have any insight on what the chances are this thing is totaled? So bummed out, man.

Bronco Accident Pic 1.jpg

Bronco Accident Pic 2 (1).jpg
Just an update - no news at this time - still waiting on the police report.
It usually will take 5-7 business days for a police report. Your vehicle will definitely be a total because trying to find parts to do repairs is going to take forever. Most body shops are priortizing driveable vehicles versus non drives. Using your collision coverage they will pay the actual ACV. If the value is below what you accpectes you should be able to invoke your appraisal clause but you will have to pay out of pocket for the appraisal.

BeachBronco21

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have nothing to add to this except to say that I am sorry. Within the past couple weeks, I have witnessed so many cars running red lights. My parents just got rear ended in their sedan a few days ago. They said the police report will take about 5 days.

I hope things work out as best as they can in this situation.

cwoolf13

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
People suck. This happened to me less than 24 hrs after getting it. Guy playing on his phone pulling out of a gas station.
Ford Bronco Bronco hit by red light runner 5 days after buying it! 🚨😫 AC3A1857-11EB-4AAE-8E3A-DEC2413DEF03
Sponsored