Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yukon XL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ve got a hypothetical situation to send out to the forum. I’ve got a four-door Badlands on order that is supposedly being built today. Fingers crossed. I I switched from a hard top to soft top to speed up production time. My was at a dealer today that has a 4 door bronco for sale with a hardtop. Should I buy it and put my soft top from my other bronco that’s supposedly being built? A little top swap and resell? Seems like a win-win? I’m unsure if there is an additional dealer markup, seems too good to be true. Probably just a pipe dream…..
Sponsored

Nobody

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.snowtrek.org
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’ve got a hypothetical situation to send out to the forum. I’ve got a four-door Badlands on order that is supposedly being built today. Fingers crossed. I I switched from a hard top to soft top to speed up production time. My was at a dealer today that has a 4 door bronco for sale with a hardtop. Should I buy it and put my soft top from my other bronco that’s supposedly being built? A little top swap and resell? Seems like a win-win? I’m unsure if there is an additional dealer markup, seems too good to be true. Probably just a pipe dream…..
That's a lot of tax to pay this thieving state.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Oh boy. A post about buying another Bronco and flipping it for a profit. This thread is not going to go the way you anticipated.

I am a free market capitalist that says live and let live so if you think the juice is worth the squeeze, go for it.

Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm not sure it will work as planned. You will have to take delivery of each which means the tax, title, registration along with the destination and delivery for each. That's a lot of cheddar.

You didn't specify what trim the other HT Bronco is. If it is a stripper Base, then the markup to compensate you for the above outlay won't be that much to make the endeavor worthwhile.

Jason hamilton

Black Diamond
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
DO IT!

But just enough to cover your costs and buy some accessories.

smahones

Badlands
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Don’t say anything to your wife until after you do it.

OP
OP
PatioDaddio78

PatioDaddio78

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yukon XL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That's a lot of tax to pay this thieving state.
I agree, but if I trade it back in to a different dealer I get the tax “credit”. I like my fuzzy math. 😂

OP
OP
PatioDaddio78

PatioDaddio78

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yukon XL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Oh boy. A post about buying another Bronco and flipping it for a profit. This thread is not going to go the way you anticipated.

I am a free market capitalist that says live and let live so if you think the juice is worth the squeeze, go for it.
Not looking for a profit, just a quick easy way to get a hardtop and break even. Unless you want to trade??

Sponsored
OP
OP
PatioDaddio78

PatioDaddio78

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yukon XL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm not sure it will work as planned. You will have to take delivery of each which means the tax, title, registration along with the destination and delivery for each. That's a lot of cheddar.

You didn't specify what trim the other HT Bronco is. If it is a stripper Base, then the markup to compensate you for the above outlay won't be that much to make the endeavor worthwhile.
Buzzkill. Let me live a little. 🤔😭😜

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Aside from it being an actual situation, which is the opposite of a hypothetical one, you would be competing in a sale against dealers who will have soft tops available who didn't have to pay taxes (and you get no 'credit' on a straight sale) or destination, they would have new ones vs your used, if you have a loan on it, will further turn off potential buyers from a hassle perspective. Even a cash sale can take weeks to get a title, insurance costs, plates, all adds up. You ordered a soft top to maybe get it sooner. You are getting it, you win. Take it and go home.

The easiest and cheapest way to get a hard top was to keep your order with the MiC, you already chose not to go that route. If there was an easy and cheap way to have your cake and eat it too, everyone would do it.

OP
OP
PatioDaddio78

PatioDaddio78

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yukon XL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

All for not! The hardtop was not for sale. On a happier note by order was put into production yesterday! Estimated delivery 11/10!!! I'm headed to Vegas 11/12 for the BroncoRodeo! Maybe this is really happening!!! Maybe they will let me bring a hardtop home from Vegas!! :unsure::p

BroncoBuckaroo

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017GT350-SOLD, 2013 Ford Edge, 1969 Torino Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

does your state have sales tax on your Bronco you want to flip ? It might change the dynamics a bit

Contact

Big Bend
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend. FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

My personal opinion, if you really wanted a hard top, you should have stayed the course. Buy the hardtop one at MSP or less and tell the dealer to sell the upcoming soft top order. Almost like a swap.
Sponsored