Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Amazing job. Did you work from a general set of plans or build as you go?

I was just considering doing this myself, it's nice to see what others can do. That cabinetry work though, man. All the skill it takes to do each part of the work at that level is amazing.

Not sure what you or your son do for day job but clearly could have a business doing this for yourself. $5,500 for materials, a small loan for welder that you don't own, and selling for $19,900 at a rate of 2 weeks per build for 2 people, marketing / sales/ website at whatever rate, shipping and delivery cost, and a new garage to build these in, it seems viable, especially as a 'retirement job'. Even working half the year and then 'demonstrating the product' as a business expense for the other half.

Happy trails!
Sponsored

OP
OP
Rubisquatch

Rubisquatch

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Amazing job. Did you work from a general set of plans or build as you go?

I was just considering doing this myself, it's nice to see what others can do. That cabinetry work though, man. All the skill it takes to do each part of the work at that level is amazing.

Not sure what you or your son do for day job but clearly could have a business doing this for yourself. $5,500 for materials, a small loan for welder that you don't own, and selling for $19,900 at a rate of 2 weeks per build for 2 people, marketing / sales/ website at whatever rate, shipping and delivery cost, and a new garage to build these in, it seems viable, especially as a 'retirement job'. Even working half the year and then 'demonstrating the product' as a business expense for the other half.

Happy trails!
Thanks very much.

As for a plan, we didn’t really have a plan at the start but after we decided to build vs buy, we had seen a lot of teardrop sites and decided what we wanted From shape to specific add on amenities. So once we had that vision (and drew it on paper) we started. Just like any other type of project, there are some good videos on YouTube of how to do different parts, and those were helpful. Definitely had a few screw ups and learnings but we were able to fix and learn on the fly. We both had the same vision so at every stage as it came together (frame done, floor done, walls complete, cabinets, etc) you could see more clearly what was needed next.

I’m in healthcare and my sons an electrical engineer but we have done a good bit of home renovations so we were like we can do this. I am sure anyone can do this, the key is to just start. Once you buy that first piece be it a pile of steel or a trailer kit, you are on your way.

OP
OP
Rubisquatch

Rubisquatch

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs