First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
January ‘23 sales are up 25.5% over January ‘22. Nothing to sneeze at.
But looks like they're eating through stocks. Production numbers for January sucked. Longitudinal data here in my tracker:

Sponsored

John Auer

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Nautilus, Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

But looks like they're eating through stocks. Production numbers for January sucked. Longitudinal data here in my tracker:

This continues to be a logistical nightmare.

markpilip

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This continues to be a logistical nightmare.
Yep. They just can’t seem to get the flywheel moving to get production up they could probably move 200K units a year right now quite easily, if they could only get the components. Must be driving them nuts. Moving from a manufacturer to an assembler looks good on a McKinsey spreadsheet until you have supply chain problems, inflation, etc.

lemonslush

Wildtrak
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco, plaid S, xc90, rivian, element
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Respectfully, this is most definitely pie in the sky thinking. FORD will make no distinction in prioritizing old orders over new orders when they stand to make more money on them both at corporate and dealership levels. You have 3 years of evidence to support that hypothesis. Look at the nightmares that are occurring with the private offers. FORD is giving the old dog ate my homework. I am over 930 days waiting. I stripped my truck of Lux and SAS and still nothing. Dudes complaining waiting 1 year and getting full Wildtrack build emails last week and today. Good luck with your build. 🤷‍♂️
yes very logical. Ford would be more likely to sell to dealer stock then a preorder if they are making less money on grandfather price over current market price. Probably why I was able to get a dealer order wildtrack last week thats being built at end of the month. Is the build perfect? No but its darn good. For people waiting forever thinking about giving up the "fun stuff" I would say start hunting for something in stock. You can always sell or not take your build if you find something that works.

John Auer

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Yep. They just can’t seem to get the flywheel moving to get production up they could probably move 200K units a year right now quite easily, if they could only get the components. Must be driving them nuts. Moving from a manufacturer to an assembler looks good on a McKinsey spreadsheet until you have supply chain problems, inflation, etc.
I agree. Just in time and out sourcing are great until they’re not. One or more hiccups in the system and you have our current situation. Like Farley said, Ford probably left two billion dollars on the table last year. Need more vertical integration, and at least domestic sourcing.

Last edited:
Reactions: bek

Sponsored

stonerdoom

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Ford Explorer Sport Trac
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
yes very logical. Ford would be more likely to sell to dealer stock then a preorder if they are making less money on grandfather price over current market price. Probably why I was able to get a dealer order wildtrack last week thats being built at end of the month. Is the build perfect? No but its darn good. For people waiting forever thinking about giving up the "fun stuff" I would say start hunting for something in stock. You can always sell or not take your build if you find something that works.

Well, the sad reality is for me, I cannot afford (I mean I can but it will really start to be obnoxious for my income) a reasonably appointed Bronco at 2023 prices. If FORD sees fit to grant me my truck, then I will be ok in the financial department.

If I am not granted a truck this year, I will have to rethink my build or scrap the idea all together.

Hossfire

Wildtrak
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Jeep Commander
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

January ‘23 sales are up 25.5% over January ‘22. Nothing to sneeze at.
But down vs. last month, when the plant was closed for a week.

Hossfire

Wildtrak
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Jeep Commander
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My dealer (Two Rivers Ford in Nashville, TN) told me that they will prioritize all unbuilt 2023MY orders pre 3/27 before filling new post 3/27 2023MY orders. Albeit Ford has the parts to build the said Bronco.
Dealer allocations and build constraints will always trump reservation time stamps.

Hossfire

Wildtrak
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Jeep Commander
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

This data suggests that there is more at play than part constraints. Something else is going at MAP.

Sponsored

Hossfire

Wildtrak
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Jeep Commander
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I wonder if they are retooling the line for the new Ranger.

John Auer

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

But down vs. last month, when the plant was closed for a week.
That was my point. They’re comparing one month with the previous month, during the holiday season. Not a good comparison.

WT205

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

22 months into production and this is all they can muster. Meanwhile at GM…
Sponsored