one800higgins

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That seems like something that would break so easily as a plastic accessory.

OP
OP
colintrax

colintrax

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Colorado, Ford Explorer, KTM 890 ADV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That seems like something that would break so easily as a plastic accessory.
They certainly can be broken (I've broke one testing the strength) but really you'd have to be abusing this to break it. Key fobs are plastic and many people even have laminated grocery store cards on their key rings.
For what its worth I've kept one on my keyring for 2 weeks now and its been fine.

Sponsored

migsby_carmichael

First Edition
First Name
Migsby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
yeah find it hard to believe anybody will pay for this. i have a 3D printer and know for fact how easily something like this will break, especially on a keychain that usually gets tossed around.

one800higgins

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’ve got a 3D printer too and that’s why o asked. This wouldn’t survive long on my keychain at all.

OP
OP
colintrax

colintrax

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So, I can't speak to anyone else's personal 3d printing experiences as I dont know what machines are being used, what components, settings, software, filament type/brand, enclosure usage, user's design experience etc etc. Nor can I speak to what other people put their keys through. I tend to be good at breaking things, so I like to think Im a good tester for this sort of thing.
However, I can say plenty of people buy and sell 3d printed keychain accessories. I'm one of them. https://www.etsy.com/search?q=3d+printed+keychain&order=most_relevant&view_type=gallery
I can also say, my design as it's sold will hold 17.5lbs plus the weight of normal keys. That includes the mini leatherman.
At 20lbs the keychain did break. As yall can see I loaded the keychain in its weakest orientation. And the failure was the layer lines shearing.
Hopefully this eases the concerns about strength. 17.5lbs of static load is well beyond what I would consider typical usage for a keychain. YMMV

20210907_174928.jpg

20210907_181638.jpg

20210907_181719.jpg

TRMFAM

First Edition
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 & 73 Bronco, 21 MDX A-Spec, 20 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Cool! I know it is not listed is Red anywhere in the future?

Sponsored

Werkedperformance

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 4dr 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So, I can't speak to anyone else's personal 3d printing experiences as I dont know what machines are being used, what components, settings, software, filament type/brand, enclosure usage, user's design experience etc etc. Nor can I speak to what other people put their keys through. I tend to be good at breaking things, so I like to think Im a good tester for this sort of thing.
However, I can say plenty of people buy and sell 3d printed keychain accessories. I'm one of them. https://www.etsy.com/search?q=3d+printed+keychain&order=most_relevant&view_type=gallery
I can also say, my design as it's sold will hold 17.5lbs plus the weight of normal keys. That includes the mini leatherman.
At 20lbs the keychain did break. As yall can see I loaded the keychain in its weakest orientation. And the failure was the layer lines shearing.
Hopefully this eases the concerns about strength. 17.5lbs of static load is well beyond what I would consider typical usage for a keychain. YMMV

Ford Bronco Bronco Keychain 20210907_181719

Not my personal cup of tea, I like minimal keys and wallet......

But cheers to you so for taking all the negativity, crushing it with science, and carrying on as you were.

yosu.jpeg

TUNGSTANG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you find the third deathly hollow, you will be the master of Broncos.

20210907_162151.jpg

OP
OP
colintrax

colintrax

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Cool! I know it is not listed is Red anywhere in the future?
Just checked my mastersheet of materials and turns out I dont have red of any shade in any material type. Probably need to fix that. If you can wait for red filament to show up on my doorstep I can make you one in red. I figure you'd get it one day next week pending disaster.

bbkat

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'll take one in Cactus Gray :LOL:

TRMFAM

First Edition
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 & 73 Bronco, 21 MDX A-Spec, 20 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Just checked my mastersheet of materials and turns out I dont have red of any shade in any material type. Probably need to fix that. If you can wait for red filament to show up on my doorstep I can make you one in red. I figure you'd get it one day next week pending disaster.
OH yea, no problem waiting I am sure it will arrive well before the Bronco! Just let me know...also, please send me the payment details.
Sponsored