Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Big Bend Sas
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Hello from Big Red Clifford!

This will be a lengthy post.

The bumper arrived without any instructions, just 3 main pieces, and a bag filled with screws, washer bolts, and clips. I bought it on eBay, and fortunately, they had a video on how to install it. The video wasn't the easiest to follow, but after a few replays, everything made sense. I made a few mistakes along the way and had to screw and unscrew the pieces back and forth, which was tedious, but overall, the installation was straightforward. The bumper itself is made of solid steel, with no damage, scratches, or dents. It's also quite heavy. I also ordered fog lights from Amazon and a bull bar from eBay, and the placement was perfect without any issues. When it came time to install the bumper, the fitment was perfect with the three OEM screws on each side that come from the Bronco itself. I neatly tucked away my OEM wiring harness (although I had to screw and unscrew the bolts several times, which was annoying for correct placement), but once everything was set and done, it was a simple swap. I cut off the OEM hooks and sprayed them to avoid rusting. I ensured that the gap between the bumper and the grille was even and symmetrical to both sides' fenders. Overall, if I had to do it again, it would be much easier and well worth it for the price. I'm happy with it. I also used anti-seize lubricant on all the screws to prevent rusting. I recommend this to anyone searching for a modular bumper and either having trouble finding one or not willing to spend $600+ on it. I hope this
helps! PS: This did not come with the sensors. My Bronco does not need them.

For fogs without an aux:
The (OEM) harness remained untouched and came from my plastic bumper fogs. I purchased adapters that connected to the OEM harness, and then I soldered (the adapter, not the OEM harness) to the aftermarket fog lights, which originally had a female end that I cut off. The aftermarket fog lights were wired for an auxiliary switch originally, which the Bronco did not have. So, after some splicing and soldering, the fog lights now work with the fog button located on the bottom left of the steering wheel. Red/black wire. Pretty easy. Just have to be patient and organized.

LIST OF ITEMS:

Bumper: https://www.ebay.com/itm/285549347204 it's the "knockoff" modular bumper. Many hate on it but I am very pleased with it. Heavy and solid. Fitment was perfect to OEM bolts and wasn't hard to put it together. Keep in mind this one does not have a sensor. My Bronco never had any. Fun fact: I reached out to them for shits and giggles and said I was upset with the installation as it was tedious and some parts didn't align well together (not really true). The seller negotiated with me and we agreed on a $100 refund Imao. I sold my plastic bumper and skid plate for $175. I pretty much got a free swap out of it. &

Fogs: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CMH9DBVC?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share&th=1

Fog Adapaters (If you don't have Aux Swithces): https://www.amazon.com/dp/B098JW5PVZ?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Metal Skid Plate: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0C36VSCT3?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

IMG_9267.jpeg

IMG_9265.jpeg

IMG_9266.jpeg

IMG_8898.jpeg

IMG_8900.jpeg

IMG_8903.jpeg
Sponsored

Last edited:

Honkman

Outer Banks
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco, Outer Banks, 4 Door
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Great post!

Couple of quick questions:

Are there sensors holes so if you did have the parking sensors, you could mount them? I have the parking sensors and would need to reuse those.

Also, what amber grill lights are those? I’ve even looking for something to work with the pill grill.

Thanks!

sirius76

Big Bend
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Big Bend 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I have also recently bought and installed this bumper and it looks great!
Ford Bronco Bronco Knock Off Modular Bumper: IMG_0016

GI_Jo_Nathan

Black Diamond
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Iconic Silver 2dr Manual Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I haven't seen it mentioned, but I think it's worth noting that the ends of this bumper are designed very different from the original. The end pieces bolt onto the center section, I'm assuming to reduce the length for shipping.

sirius76

Big Bend
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Big Bend 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I haven't seen it mentioned, but I think it's worth noting that the ends of this bumper are designed very different from the original. The end pieces bolt onto the center section, I'm assuming to reduce the length for shipping.
Thats correct. There is another version floating around on ebay that is one piece at about $700.
I have been able to fit a prerunner type bar that was for OEM modular bumper with no issues. But YMMV
Sponsored