ForFoxSake

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My biggest concern with the Wildtrak is the screen. I'm not a big fan of intrgration between the dash display and the centre screen because in 10 years when my 12 inch display is broken, Id like to replace it with a third party one and not have issues.
Sponsored

BR0NCO

Raptor
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Audi
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Many of these will get a second life as wheelers. Electronics will be torn out and they will get one ton axles swapped in. They will be around for awhile

uncledoodoo

Everglades
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
00 XJ, 56 F100, 11 Volvo XC90, Everglades
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

We'll eventually see the opposite of the resto-mod Broncos. Instead of fitting vintage Broncos with modern drivetrains, We'll be ripping out the tech and replacing with vintage style parts (IF the goobermint allows it that is)

RHeinz

Badlands
First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Willys CJ3A, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My past Ford experience:
Explorer: 317,000 miles, no major issues, then gave it to Interfaith Ministries, in full operating condition.
Expedition: 327,000 no major issues. Threw the serpentine belt at 279 miles. Sold it to a friend in full working condition for $1500. He has since sold it and it is still on the road in what appears to be excellent condition. Was sent photosā€¦.
2015 Explorer: 87,000 miles. Steering rack failed at around 80,000 miles. Traded it in when I bought the Bronco.
2022 Bronco: Fingers crossedā€¦..

Sponsored

rtazz17

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Soft tops should be considered a wear item. I say this as someone who has owned three different Mustang drop tops. Another reason I ordered the MIC top.
lol,its appearing the mic top is a wear item as well.

RHeinz

Badlands
First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Willys CJ3A, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Many of these will get a second life as wheelers. Electronics will be torn out and they will get one ton axles swapped in. They will be around for awhile
If you watch Mattā€™s Off Road Recovery videos on YouTube, there is an excellent example of having to deal with all the advanced engine electronics on his shop built off road wrecker (The biggest off-road wrecker in the world??? The saga continuesā€¦).

I like your post and have wondered about the longevity of the electronics. Iā€™m pretty sure this stuff (engines specifically) will not function without it. Thank God for the aftermarket folks who will step in and provide plug and play solutions for the hack jobs (custom builds).

IMO, Industrial automation has been around for quite some time and has proven to be very reliable. Systems typically outlive their life expectancy and are upgraded or replaced for other reasons.

There really isnā€™t any reason you couldnā€™t run the Bronco (or any car) from an iPad. The dash board would be blank, plug in the iPad, touch the Bronco App, screen comes alive with all the instruments and buttons (and programming logic) required to operate the vehicle.

rtazz17

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
its all about maintanance. I have had all my vehicles over 10 years each time and they looked immaculate everytime I sold it. I just wanted a new vehicle. Only live once.

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
With all of the complicated electronics, turbos and so much going on under the hood, I would not expect it to last as long as some other, more simple trucks. Repairs out of warranty will be expensive for sure.

With the front axle turning all of the time there were be extra wear on the transfer case and all front axle components.

gryphon1231

First Name
dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

So I'd do a poll if I knew how;
How long is the avg lifespan of a Bronco? Could be generic due to the amount of electronics in all cars these days, but it's getting to the point it should be prohibitively expensive to keep a car 10+ years due to the amount of electronic vs mechanical integration. If you buy a $60k+ car is it worth it to only last 8-10 years before repair is more expensive that vehicle value?

How long do you think your Bronco will last?
you need to add a caveat to your poll. Is the intended use Mall crawler/daily driver or primarily off road use.

Sponsored

HotdogThud

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mk6 gti, '21 MoarDoor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I think the tech, sensors, and especially the electrical system etc.. will brick out in 10 years. Fixable/Supported for another maybe 10. So 20 years. Itā€™s not a snarky comment, I do think Ford has shot themself in the foot making it so tech dependent and fly by wire.

I've got a GTI in my garage that is coming up on 13 years old with over 163k on the clock. I admittedly love vw's, but the rumors about electrical gremlins and random rattles can be true sometimes.

Everything still works. All of it.

No rattles, nothing. I think the only sensor I had to replace was the temp sensor behind the grille because it very clearly took a rock on the highway. Even after replacing the engine at 147k (thanks timing chain tensioner!), everything still works.
YMMV, but honestly, unless it's a Dodge, electrical components are probably not what's going to bring down a vehicle in ten years.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

So I'd do a poll if I knew how;
How long is the avg lifespan of a Bronco? Could be generic due to the amount of electronics in all cars these days, but it's getting to the point it should be prohibitively expensive to keep a car 10+ years due to the amount of electronic vs mechanical integration. If you buy a $60k+ car is it worth it to only last 8-10 years before repair is more expensive that vehicle value?

How long do you think your Bronco will last?
Yeah - I don't see keeping a Bronco 14 years like I did my JKUR. Between the cost of replacing electronics, the inability to replace and upgrade within electronic flashing constraints, and the turbo engine I think long term self maintained ownership is unlikely.

BluebroncoNC

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco & 1977 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I plan on trading in on an EV Bronco when and if Ford makes one and I live long enough. If not This Bronco should out live me.

mattymik

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Odyssey, 2023 WildTrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I bought 8yr 100k premium care. I'm at 11,9xx miles exactly 1 year after delivery. So I should be good until 2030. Past that who knows.
2030 sounded ridiculous. And then I realized my ESP runs until 2030 as well šŸ˜³

SevenT

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 U15 Sport Edition; 2021 AMB 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Both of my Broncos will outlast me and my son will have them to decide when and where to drive them (will need to learn to drive stick for the 1970).
Sponsored