Sponsored

Will the manual transmission be offered throughout the 6G Bronco lifespan?

Will the manual transmission option be offered the entire 6th gen lifespan

• Total voters

BlanchardSteve

Big Bend
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 corvette
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
As a fervent supporter of manual transmissions, and that being one of the primary reasons I have a bronco on order. And given the bleak future for manual transmissions in general.

(incompatible/high cost of incorporating with active safety features, European automakers abandoning them, low overall take rate/fewer drivers able willing to drive a manual, rise of the electrics, new automatics scoring higher fuel economy in general)

Who thinks the manual transmission option will survive the 6th generations life? I personally think it will be gone during the mid cycle update once the “back log” of the remaining 3 pedal drivers are cleared with the active safety features becoming standard. But who knows, just looking at the bigger numbers as sad as it is to say the manual transmission is likely toast.

Poll attached
Sponsored

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I sure as sh*t hope so. #savethemanuals

If MY23 is the final year - they better announce that. I have a reservation to consider and that may change some things for me. REALLY wish they would just give the Black Diamond MT a MID package...

bodean

Base
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
76 Mini, 99 4Runner, 07 FJ Cruiser, 16 Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

As a long time manual supporter, with a 7MT on the way. A Tacoma, Golf, FJ Cruiser and a Honda VTEC classic mini all with 3 pedals in the garage.

I don’t think you’ll see very many left in the next few years. I think the next Gen Tacoma (2024?) will be auto only, but as long as Jeep continues to offer it in the Wrangler there is hope for the Bronco.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The manual is on the way out. I hope it sticks around for 20 more years or so, but it's days are numbered. I was really surprised Ford offered it, but they have really stacked the deck against it to lower take rates. It's almost as if they were forced to offer it but wanted it to fail. Hopefully people will continue to place orders for them in numbers above their build rates so they don't have an excuse to get rid of it.

HarderCorer

Black Diamond
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I think they will offer them through the midcycle update (but only on the 2.3, no new options). After that, too hard to call but I'm not counting on it. Too much in flux. Will Ford stick with their electric goals and only offer a few gas options post 2030? Will they keep it just to stick it to Jeep?

I'm going through this shit show because I really think this will be the last gas (and manual) I'll ever buy and I plan to keep it till the state says I can't drive and I have to give it to the one grandkid that comes around enough for me to teach how to drive it.

Sponsored

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
What Bronco mid-cycle update? Has an update been declared somewhere by Ford, and if so what model year is the updated?

Ford just came out with the Bronco, already having invested the effort and cost of design and production of manual models. I don't see Ford dropping the manual trans, short of some government eco/safety reg, or switch to electric (which would be further down the road).

Jeep generally goes 10 years between major changes on Wranglers. Hopefully Ford is not already screwing around with major Bronco changes after only a few years, and before lots of people have even gotten a first Bronco.

wrbix

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LR Def90, F250 7.3, Caterham 7, LR Series III, etc
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Won’t last…and that’s OK by me….exclusivity reigns in the resale market (for my heirs….I’ve no interest in selling).

ChompSticks

Black Diamond
First Name
ChompSticks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'02 E55 wagon, '98 Suzuki X-90, '96 Town Car
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

They had about a 20% take rate, that isn’t so bad so I think it’ll stick around especially if they match it with a V6

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

6G yes. The investment in design and implementation are done, and mid-cycle will not see new engine/trans offerings. 7G is when you need to worry about it.
Agreed.

It's a fantastic driving experience, if you're thinking about one get it while you can.

Sponsored

JBlanco

Base
First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco BaseSquatch, 2023 Tesla Y Performance
Your Bronco Model
Base
It's already developed. As long as people want it in profitable numbers, it'll sell. It's up to the owners to buy it, if they want it to continue.

OP
OP
BlanchardSteve

BlanchardSteve

Big Bend
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 corvette
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I guess the real question is barring any new regulations does ford need the manual transmission option to sell 120k broncos a year, sadly I don’t really think so

Hot cheetos

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Ford Ranger/2004 Pontiac GTO
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I sure hope they stick around for awhile. Almost didn’t order one because they didn’t offer it with the bigger engine, but then thought this could be my only chance.

I don’t see it happening, but if they were to get rid of the manual before mine is built I would cancel my order.

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If the take rate is really 20% I’m impressed. As long as Jeep offers a manual the Bronco manual is safe. People need to keep buying manuals to maintain production. Encourage your friends, let a few test drive your manual Bronco, continue the PR campaign.

Mpatient1

Black Diamond
First Name
Mel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BD CO/MID, 2006 mustang pony package
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I sure hope they stick around for awhile.
nice...
clap-friends.gif

but as for the topic, as long as Jeep offers them Bronco will is the answer that I'd put money on.
Sponsored