Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Also note that the roof rack in the pic is using each attachment point on the Bronco hard top. Anyone seen this anywhere else or is GFC just guessing?
Sponsored

BuzzyBud

First Name
TBD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
So, I know I'm not the only one that noticed that FORD was strategically targeting Jeeps foothold in the overland community, more with the Sport model than the "regular" BRONCO, at least in the teasers. However, I've owned Jeeps in the past that I used for overlanding, with rooftop tents, awnings and fridge/freezer in the back and that being said, I'm REALLY excited to see the options FORD is releasing from the factory (if they aren't as expensive as aftermarket mods) with the Broncos 200+ accessory catalog including ARB compressors, tents, awnings and even a fridge/freezer that will be available from FORD. That being said, I don't know why FORD and other dealers mark up their accessories as much as they do when they know the aftermarket community will be much less, that paired with the fact that FORD has the means to mass produce them and cut cost, while still being American made. I know it typically takes a year from concept to mass production with aftermarket accessories, so having racks, mounts, and everything available HOPEFULLY at the time of release will be awesome! I also can't wait to see what SEMA will bring for the BRONCO and the fact that they have an overlanding specific section now, due to popularity. I'm thinking of making a Mod for the center console grab handle, where I unbolt it and replace it with a mount for a CB Radio or a rifle holder for my M4 rifle that I use to dispatch varmints and coyotes on our farm. I'd love to hear from you guys, what you think and hopefully see some overlanding builds, pics and ideas and concepts here soon!
Over time I hope to see interest within our community for multi day tent camping in rugged locations using the 2 door model. Years of tent camping on off shore islands out of my kayak has taught me how to assemble compact gear. The 2 door should have way more room than I need. Hope there is some interest among Bronco owners!

Washbjj88

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anyone know how the roof loads and rooftop tents/racks work? The prelim spec sheet is showing.

4 door
Dynamic roof load (pounds) 110
Static roof load (pounds) 450 (Where offered, not available on four-door model with 315/70R17 tires)

is a RTT even an option without a lot of modifications? This also seem to imply the 4 door Sasquatch with any roof load would be an issue. I'm sure the aftermarket will solve a lot of these issues but right from the factory is a RTT out of the question?

Attachments

Mchong75

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi Q5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How are most of you planning to overland your rig and still be able to drive into the garage?

Bronco height + roof rack + RTT = No garage ?

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anyone know how the roof loads and rooftop tents/racks work? The prelim spec sheet is showing.

4 door
Dynamic roof load (pounds) 110
Static roof load (pounds) 450 (Where offered, not available on four-door model with 315/70R17 tires)

is a RTT even an option without a lot of modifications? This also seem to imply the 4 door Sasquatch with any roof load would be an issue. I'm sure the aftermarket will solve a lot of these issues but right from the factory is a RTT out of the question?
If the tent is less than 110 lbs and the people inside it collectively weigh less than 340 (plus the difference between the static load and the tent). Otherwise, it'll need some sort of reinforcement. That'll almost certainly come from the aftermarket, but it'll take a while.

FWIW there's an upcoming hardshell tent from GoFast Campers that'll weigh 80 lbs.

Sponsored

Washbjj88

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If the tent is less than 110 lbs and the people inside it collectively weigh less than 340 (plus the difference between the static load and the tent). Otherwise, it'll need some sort of reinforcement. That'll almost certainly come from the aftermarket, but it'll take a while.

FWIW there's an upcoming hardshell tent from GoFast Campers that'll weigh 80 lbs.
Not a lot of options under 110lbs. I think the Thule Tepui Explorer Ayer 2 might work also.

L8apex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus ST, '21 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think 2dr and 4dr will both be a fun toy. I love the look of the 2dr (true heritage styling) but need the extra room of the 4dr.
I'm in the same boat - I wanted the 2dr; but when I think how we use our current vehicle for backpacking trips it just doesn't makes sense.

Dog in the hatch doesn't work in the 2dr (per the one thread that showed 12" from seat back to tailgate); limited access to the back seat will make getting gear in and out a p.i.t.a.. Plus we like to view ourselves as outdoor ambassadors, always dragging first timer friends to the mountains with us.

The wife is probably (always) right and we'll end up with a 4dr.

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm just building a 4x6 camp trailer to mount the RTT to. I'm sure the aftermarket will step up with endo and exoskeleton reinforcements for a RTT like they did with the Jeep. To me, it's just easier to have a trailer that you can park than to have a RTT you have to load and unload all the time. Unless you're all about the "overland look" and want to kill your gas mileage by leaving your gear on full time.

calereeves

Outer Banks
First Name
Cale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTS-V, Silverado 3500
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'd assume the biggest draws for folks buying the Ford parts are a) the Ford logos on everything, and b) the ability to drop it into the financing. "Oh...I can add all this extra stuff and only increase my payment by $XX/month?"

Last edited:

Sponsored

toymaster

Badlands
First Name
Leonardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Norsman

Badlands
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m planning on the gofast RTT and a goosegear pull out fridge/stove.

BuzzyBud

First Name
TBD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I'd assume the biggest draws for folks buying the Ford parts are a) the Ford logs on everything, and b) the ability to drop it into the financing. "Oh...I can add all this extra stuff and only increase my payment by $XX/month?"
Yes. Also, I want a winch which will not screw up the trail camera functionality or the forward radar functions. Getting a Ford installed winch might be my best option. I plan to play on the Jericho Mountain 4x4 Trail in New Hampshire. A winch is required for all vehicles on that playground.