Butzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150 & bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It would seem like the idea of "preservation" is lost on half of us here. Listen, just because others do it and get away with it doesn't make it okay. Nobody wants to be preached to but perhaps have an open mind and listen rather than play devil's advocate for once. Ffs. Should we give up and throw in the towel because others refuse to have common decency?
Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Not on public property or anyone else's property for that matter. Do we just turn our heads and let it become the norm? I neither saw, nor heard of, death threats to the family- except here. If true, that is also very much out of line and probably a crime in itself. What she (they) did was graffiti and vandalism, and I do not travel into the beauty of nature to look at someone's arrogant, selfish posturing. Even "honest mistakes" can be crimes- that's why we have a social structure with laws. A couple years back the owner of a Utah powersports dealership spray painted the side of a boulder and initially denied it. No filters.
Yeah I get ya, and agree with most. But being surrounded by homeless people that shit on the sidewalks, true criminals that are doing blatant crimes because they won't get prosecuted, etc...having someone writing on a rock just doesn't seem as high of an issue.

I'm going to be helping out on some trail cleanups to remove trash and beer cans left out by people who truly don't care but not sure if something like this would rank very high.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Socially acceptable, even laws being passed to protect this so that nobody can do anything about it, even police..

Ford Bronco Bronco owner vandalizes Moab rock during Bronco Safari; UBC helps with restoration 636541350338211579-AFP-AFP-XZ2AN-97063973

OMG....they should all go to jail. What horrible and disrespectful human beings...

Ford Bronco Bronco owner vandalizes Moab rock during Bronco Safari; UBC helps with restoration LOLUBW3WVFEQ7CTNP3ZTLWWLJU

Techun

Black Diamond
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD, 2.7, MIC, 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Dirt bags are always going to dirt bag. We're lucky to have areas to enjoy off roading and enviormentalists hate anything to do with it. They are powerful people that will not stop until they shut down what ever their after. Don't give them the ammunition to shut us down. Stay on the trail and leave the place cleaner than you found it.
Seek help

bradcd

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saab 9-3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Socially acceptable, even laws being passed to protect this so that nobody can do anything about it, even police..

Ford Bronco Bronco owner vandalizes Moab rock during Bronco Safari; UBC helps with restoration LOLUBW3WVFEQ7CTNP3ZTLWWLJU

OMG....they should all go to jail. What horrible and disrespectful human beings...

Based perspective! Anywhere on Earth is still Earth. Don't you love how California banned plastic straws then like a year later covid facemask waste completely reversed any gains.

Sponsored
First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Camry
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This really is a bad look for the bronco community. I’m just glad we have hundreds of angry people to come in and quickly attack the family to lift back up our image!

Should they have done it? No. Should people have reacted the way they did? No. Should they be threatening to shut down trails over this? No. I think we should all try and be a little better.

is it illegal to carve your initials in a tree now? That’s actually a serious question. Probably a thing of the past, but it seemed kinda fun and harmless as a kid. The whole doing things specifically for social media does add a different lens to it though.

stickshifthappy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, 65 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Some people think stacking rocks is defacing trails, some people don't. I placed a small memorial Rock for my dead mother on a beautiful trail once, and got flack for it.

I'm not saying what they did was ok, But it's not crucifying material. They didn't throw their trash out on the trail, they didn't dump a bunch of oil out on the trail, They didn't leave huge rubber tire mark on a rock.

Who here hasn't picked up a rock and written something in their life at some point?

Based on all the reactions before I looked at the article I expected them to spray painted a big FU Jeeps or something.

They left graffiti on a geologic structure. That's not the same as leaving a rock by a trail side. It's not a capital crime, but the families post being exposed comments are pretty much BS.

stickshifthappy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, 65 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
cleanup, HEFTY fine and a permanent ban works for me.

Make em sell their Broncos too !!!! (sarcasm alert).

I agree with you, but not about the permanent ban thing.

Sponsored

Arrowbear Rider

Base
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Triumph Thunderbird Commander 1700
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The family said they thought their daughter was using chalk and it was a mistake. They took responsibility and will pay the fine. If anything, this is refreshing in this day and age.
Kinda sorta. It sounds like they were proud of the work and posted it as such, And the first responses were people unfamiliar with the degree of their "mistake" and gave positive comments. You know the kind of people who worry more about likes than what's right, and the reason people are actually dying when taking selfies.

It wasn't until people who understand that you don't deface public lands started to comment did they "change their tune"; that is really the issue here. They only took responsibility after the fallout forced their hand, it was the court of public opinion that made them step up. Then they did the right thing, but at that point you have to or look like a...

I don't agree with the hang em high crowd, but my post above regarding my parents teaching me right so it doesn't happen seems popular.

Now a days everywhere we go has more people, and many weren't raised going to public lands and knowing how to act or thinking ahead about their effects on the environment or the marks they leave behind. At Canyon of the Arches, a group was celebrating a 30th birthday with 3 foot balloons (3 & 0), Mylar ones! And it was windy!

They didn't tether the balloons to themselves and just as I saw them almost lose them and was going to approach them to be careful, they lost one of the balloons and it drifted off and down to the valley floor, way below. They laughed and pointed while taking photos of it falling. I wanted so bad to go up and yell at them about how that will be down there forever because of their carelessness and a ranger or someone who cares and is capable will have to go down there and retrieve it.

These people were so clueless and busy trying for photos that they didn't realize how many people were mad at them, but when two guys were looking for someone to take a group photo, no one was stepping up, I should have taken the opportunity to school them (politely) but I failed to check my emotions and felt best I not blow up on them.

BostonSasquatch

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Lux Badlands with hardtop and Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

In other news, "environmentalists" defaced another work of art by pouring charcoal dust into the iconic Trevi fountain in Rome, which fouled the water, the basin, and (I suppose) the pumps. I'd post a link to a source that would treat this vandalism accurately, except the site censors would probably ban me for life. So here's something from a politically corrupt, I mean, "correct," site:

Ford Bronco Bronco owner vandalizes Moab rock during Bronco Safari; UBC helps with restoration 1684776396395

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...te-protesters-turn-trevi-fountain-water-black

Has this idiocy ever changed anybody's mind?
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.