First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
And that is exactly why we have safety briefings and policies in the military. Because some dumbass did it and then claimed ignorance.
You mean like f$#@ing around filming a TikTok in the dark behind 2 LHS that are unloading full flat racks full of mortars cause the brake lights gave them a cool effect...? I ripped them a new one, they got upset, I asked them which hurts more your feelings or being cut in half for being stupid? Cause the truck and flat rack don't care that you're here.

I later overheard them talking about PTSD from it. That was the final "I'm done* moment, next year going back to being a civilian. These were the COVID basic training generation.

And yeah there were ground guides and they were constantly yelling at them to GTFO.
Sponsored

RockSkipper

Wildtrak
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F150 Crew Lariat 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
With this being a club ride, there was probably an informative meeting upfront at the minimum. Just like the life jacket/safety drill on a cruise, most don't pay attention and focus on the joy of the ride.

I will honestly say I was the young buck who "rutted and ripped" some mud on private and public land on a couple of occasions when I was coming up...and never got caught or reprimanded. Looking back, I was a dumb kid having fun with friends and tearing up my truck while destroying property I had no business on. As an adult, I try to talk to younger folks off pavement and at least share some wisdom or help about the area if they are unaware. I did not have that...trying to right my wrongs.

This teenager may have thought what she was doing was just like drawing in the sand at the beach...obviously she was greatly incorrect.

"Oh Lessons learned, man they sure run deep
They don't go away and they don't come cheap
Oh there's no way around it
Cause this world turns on lessons learned" - Tracy Lawrence

Last edited:

broncobase1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
This is NOT okay. Its bad enough our cities are covered with graffi, now they want to deface our natural areas?

RimrockPaul

Base
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Base

Sponsored

50 and Fabulous

Black Diamond
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 2 door, 2022 Transit Connect
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Clearly the mom wrote that.. She has her Facebook locked down now and I’m assuming has taken lots of heat on this.
I like how they threw a kid under the bus lol

either way Bronco has brought a lot of new people to the off road world so things like this can happen. I would hope bronco safari is discussing topics like this before trail rides

I bet the Finn clan will not gravity up any more National areas
Good point! Every Boise Bronco trail meet starts with a drivers meeting where we cover the basics of the tread lightly principles. I can not emphasize enough how important that is for the places we are able to access as a group. It was great the club cleaned it up, I am just surprised that it actually happened. I wonder if they separated themselves from the rest of the herd when they decided the FinnFam should be etched into stone??!?!

Coloradonatives

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'69 Chevelle 2020 Chevy Traverse 2009 9-7x Aero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The problem is "the actions of few dictates policy to all".
Not at all.... I'm simply saying, it sounds like people are ready to give this family death threats over this, and it was an honest mistake, and it wasn't vulgar.

Hasn't your kid ever written on something with a permanent marker thinking that it would just wipe off?
Not on public property or anyone else's property for that matter. Do we just turn our heads and let it become the norm? I neither saw, nor heard of, death threats to the family- except here. If true, that is also very much out of line and probably a crime in itself. What she (they) did was graffiti and vandalism, and I do not travel into the beauty of nature to look at someone's arrogant, selfish posturing. Even "honest mistakes" can be crimes- that's why we have a social structure with laws. A couple years back the owner of a Utah powersports dealership spray painted the side of a boulder and initially denied it. No filters.

bradcd

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saab 9-3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Burnt rubber bits and skidmarks, gasoline fumes, dripping oil and fluids, unseen contamination of foreign dirt/bacteria/disease being tracked in to a new environment, all to even get to these remote locations...

versus

a local rock scratched another rock

How ridiculously divisive this topic is!

Sponsored

JRYbronco

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Taco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
For all you Bronco owners on your high horse that would never dare put chalk on a rock:

https://jalopnik.com/mining-aluminum-for-the-ford-f-150-lightning-is-alleged-1850164431

"A class-action lawsuit against the owner of a refinery that produces aluminum ore used to make cars and EVs, including the Ford F-150 Lightning, argues that the refinery is polluting nearby rivers and streams, and endangering thousands of Brazilians in the process."

NOTICE: The Bronco you bought was built using materials that have destroyed and polluted entire communities. Alongside the phone you have, the shoes you wear, the gas you burn...

I'll never understand the cultish response that comes from these yearly 'defacing' viral posts. Putting chalk on a rock, or engraving stone with another stone is about the least harmful and impactful thing one can do. If you can afford to put a Bronco in your driveway, you're rich compared to most the world. And your consumer choices have caused far more global impact than chalk. I include myself in that.

- End rant

Coloradonatives

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'69 Chevelle 2020 Chevy Traverse 2009 9-7x Aero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For all you Bronco owners on your high horse that would never dare put chalk on a rock:

https://jalopnik.com/mining-aluminum-for-the-ford-f-150-lightning-is-alleged-1850164431

"A class-action lawsuit against the owner of a refinery that produces aluminum ore used to make cars and EVs, including the Ford F-150 Lightning, argues that the refinery is polluting nearby rivers and streams, and endangering thousands of Brazilians in the process."

NOTICE: The Bronco you bought was built using materials that have destroyed and polluted entire communities. Alongside the phone you have, the shoes you wear, the gas you burn...

I'll never understand the cultish response that comes from these yearly 'defacing' viral posts. Putting chalk on a rock, or engraving stone with another stone is about the least harmful and impactful thing one can do. If you can afford to put a Bronco in your driveway, you're rich compared to most the world. And your consumer choices have caused far more global impact than chalk. I include myself in that.

- End rant
So, it's all ok, then. All of it.

M Redwood

Big Bend
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BB,BASE
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
not much more than chalk like rub marks 3 or 4 storms prob erase it...tastefully done in middle of nowhere I don't see the big deal....not worth a forum post

OP
OP

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

..not worth a forum post
7 pages and counting says otherwise.

This behavior is ammunition used get trails shut down. It matters. Optics matter to activists more than relative "badness" and closing trails is an easier fight than closing mines.
Sponsored

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.