First Name
Hans
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'69 Bronco, '11 F150, '88 Bronco, '22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
no one is buying the jeep truck to haul dirtbikes... maybe 1%. That was my point, they majority buy the truck version simply to not have dirty stuff inside the cab. If you want to haul dirtbikes, buy an F150, not a trail ready vehicle. "Purpose Built"
Yea, Ilike where your head is at. That's kind of my interest in how much would it take to convert a 4-door to an open bed like the Hummer had. Doesn't have to be a truck bed, but a way to put dirty recovery gear, fuel jugs, or whatever else in the back. I can keep the inside clean (and not stink) without attaching all that extra stuff to the top or sides, making the Bronco too bulky or top heavy. You wouldn't have to rely on tiny little rotopax cans and hope they don't get ripped off. There wouldn't be the concern of heavy recovery gear flying around the van if someone forgets to tie it down. You could load up two 5 gallon cans, all your recovery gear, and some other stuff, then stuff it under a bed cover and voila! you have a Bronco "pickup". One of the SEMA builds turned a 2-door into a pickup, so it's possible.
Sponsored

Last edited:

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I agree 2dr P/U is GREAT. In fact, I plan on doing EXACTLY that. Turning a full top into a half cab!!!

There some work and a few $ involved, but when it's done I'll be able to use either the factory top on my 2dr OR the new half cab top! So stoked to get this done! Is anyone else with a 2dr interested in this?

Gtrekker

Wildtrak
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor, Audi, M1102 Overland Trailer 2-B
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ford_Bronco_pickup-_CROP-1.jpg

Saw this rendering from "Automobile" magazine. I would think and hope that it would look more like the Bronco Bronco than the next gen Ranger - similar to what Jeep did. But heck we haven't even seen the release of a photo of the Bronco Bronco yet.
Nope.... Two thumbs down!!!

Sponsored

FDHog

Badlands
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lariat FX4, 22 Road Glide ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Might look cool, but gonna be just as useless as the Jeep pickup. Maybe good for hauling sports equipment.
That's why I have a dedicated pickup truck. JMHO