Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco. Sold the 1968 and 2015 mustang GTs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Soft top is sounding more appealing now.
Love my soft top (really). So glad I switched in early May. It probably got me my Bronco 12-18 months sooner based on this latest news. (I was a 7/31/20 reservation)
Sponsored

Ukon

Outer Banks
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I've heard several people say their dealer required an additional deposit... but seems odd to me given that the dealer (being a completely separate entity from Ford) cannot guarantee delivery.

I called 3-4 dealers in my area before I made a reservation to see what their fees/deposit requirements were. They had different prices for their documentation fees and whatnot (one of them even had a fee if I secured my own financing), but none of them required an order deposit.

I could understand requiring one if it was a super weird build that no one would want. Dealer doesn't want to be stuck with a vehicle they cannot sell. But given the popularity of the Bronco and the current vehicle shortage, should be no reason to require an additional deposit.
I didnā€˜t shop dealers, I simply went with the one Ford directed me to when I reserved.... with all the website issues the first night, I was just glad my reservation finally went through!
I completely understand them requiring a deposit to order, particularly when, at the time no Broncoā€™s had been delivered, so outrageous markups on refused vehicles hadnā€™t occurred yet.
The good end of having paid a deposit is I have a price in writing, which is reassuring now that there are stories of dealers add insane markups at delivery.
Again, I have no bitch about whatever model year I get, I just want the options I placed a deposit on!

Bifftws

Base
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Z06 corvette, 2021 Ranger, BMW 328i manual
Your Bronco Model
Base
Not a to of new info but itā€™s almost in stone now that the initial number of orders wonā€™t be 100% fulfilled until 2023:(

Ford Bronco Production Will Be Limited Through 2022

https://fordauthority.com/2021/09/ford-bronco-production-will-be-limited-through-2022/

Fordā€™s molded-in color hardtop supplier, Webasto, had major issues producing enough tops to meet demand, and then, quality issues arose, prompting Ford to replace all MIC tops and push all unscheduled Bronco orders to 2022. Thus, many are left wondering how long it will take Ford to fulfill all of its 125,000+ orders, and unsurprisingly, it appears that this will take some time, as Ford Bronco production will be limited through next year.

ā€œWeā€™re anticipating that it will be through 2022 before weā€™re able to satisfy the demand,ā€ Ford Bronco Brand Chief, Mark Grueber, told Ford Authority Executive Editor, Alex Luft, in a recent interview. ā€œPart of that is the ramp-up of the plant thatā€™s still happening, so it will be into next year. 190k was the reservations, and 125k converted to orders, so about two-thirds. That 125k has been pretty steady, so itā€™s been pretty constant. New orders are coming in, but theyā€™re not coming in nearly at the pace that they were at the start.ā€

As Ford Authority reported last week, online Bronco reservations have been paused temporarily due to the high number of orders already in the system, as well as supply constraints. That means customers interested in ordering a Bronco must do so the old-fashioned way, for now ā€“ by visiting a dealership. On the bright side, those that arenā€™t married to certain configurations or options may be able to take delivery sooner this way.

For those that have had their order pushed to the 2022 model year due to these constraints, 2022 Ford Bronco order banks are scheduled to open in October, with production starting at the Ford Michigan Assembly Plant in late December. The Bronco will gain new colors and features for the 2022 model year, including the Capable front bumper, special edition models, a manual transmission option with the Sasquatch package, and a roof rack for four-door Broncos equipped with the Sasquatch package.
Fartastic!

AwakeOnABus

Wildtrak
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X3 m40i ā€¢ Toyota 4Runner Limited
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
bwaaaahahahahaa....

"comparing my Bronco to a Gladiator Rubicon Diesel... the Rubicon was ok inside, steering was better than I expected, and the roof made a little noise. I wouldn't want to be in the backseat for long, but on longer trips with my Bronco, I get blisters on my feet."

hahahahahaaa... #mostlysortofvaporware

Southside_Ray

Base
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm setting this in stone here, because that's how this works, right? If I don't have my Bronco by this time next year then I'm out.

I think I'll get a jeep, & probably not a wrangler. I don't want to keep pouring money into my old car to keep it maintained (tires, brakes, etc.).

Sponsored

XirallicBolts

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Flex EcoBoost, 2010 Milan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Part of me is fine with scarcity, makes it more special to own one.
The other part of me wants my damn car.

dwbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I do blame Ford. Looks like from reservation to delivery will be two years, maybe longer. 7/15/2021 reservation. Not a chance of it being built before January 2022. Ford selected their suppliers. You can order just a amount any other vehicle and have it in less than 6 months. I am hoping I can hang in there that long, but sold my truck in June thinking I would have My Bronco by December. Ford has screwed this up bad.

Bourbon lately has been EH Taylor Bottled in Bond, Eagle Rare or Heaven Hill 13 year bottled in Bond.

Dealers are ordering and selling Broncos that do not have Sasquatch, Hard top, lux or v6. Its possible to get a Bronco, just not what was ordered and well over MSRP. Ford screwed this up big time.
I have a bottle of Eagle Rare. It's not bad, but given the choice between it and Buffalo Trace, I'll take BT every time. They are the same mash bill, but BT tastes better to me. If you have the opportunity, you should give Redemption Wheated a try.

uniqueusername

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Iā€™m confusedā€¦ is there something new here?
No.

Poorly written article with clickbait headline has B6G doom and gloomers worked up.

If you want a Bronco now (ish) get a soft top. If you want a hard top, be prepared to wait especially if you did not reserve before 3/19/21.

uniqueusername

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Soft top is sounding more appealing now.
Fellow Nats fan here, the baseball season was brutal enough. Couldn't add waiting for a hard top to the 2021 disappointments. Switched to a softie 3 weeks ago, got a build date emailed to me yesterday.

Makes stomaching a 100 loss season a bit easier.

Five-O Donut Hole

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Raptor-Loaded-Original Owner
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I received a damaged poster the day they announced the majority of the reservations were being pushed 22ā€™ā€¦.ironic
well sum-bitch, look what I found on my front stoop tonightā€¦.the swag keeps rollinā€™ inā€¦..ā€™hang in thereā€˜ everyone

5ACFE396-6289-4793-B895-460C94E433DA.jpeg

Sponsored

Eduardo909

First Name
Eduardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
aaaaand Iā€™m out, placed order for Rubicon. Maybe in the future there will be a Bronco for me.

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

aaaaand Iā€™m out, placed order for Rubicon. Maybe in the future there will be a Bronco for me.
Perfectly understandable. I admire your patience. God only knows how you held on for as long as you did!

Always hate seeing the forum lose another old-timer. šŸ˜”

Eduardo909

First Name
Eduardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Perfectly understandable. I admire your patience. God only knows how you held on for as long as you did!

Always hate seeing the forum lose another old-timer. šŸ˜”
Thanks for your understanding, means a lot.

dwbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So you think Ford handled the rollout flawlessly and shares no blame in this situation?
Nope. I think this forum is full of whiny bitches, who want everything done exactly on their schedule, under their own terms; and those same crybaby whiners refuse to accept the reality of everything that has happened that is/was completely out of Ford's control. Those are the shitbirds I am talking about, when I say that folks just want to blame Ford.

Also, how did you interpret what I said as me stating Ford habdled it flawlessly? I'll take a stab at it... you're one of those, who really really really wants to bitch about something. You probably expected Ford to have a flawless rollout, but that is a completely ridiculous expectation for anybody to have about any person or entity.
Sponsored