Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suburu Outback
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Same situation for me. July 2020 resev got my truck 12.24.22. Then accident in May 2023. 10 cops were chasing a guy in a truck that hit me. 24k in damage. 2022 WT 2.7 2 Dr. Happened in May. Let insurance do their thing. Especially if fault is noted on report. My repair looks like six months because of no parts. Have a rental until it fixed, all covered. I have had no issues, smoothest process I've even been in. Just call your insurance and get process started and let them do what needs to be done. I don't care about Carfax because I plan to keep it way longer than any resale will matter. I love my truck and can't wait to get it back. Reach out with any questions.
Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Posting this as a bit of a vent but also for anyone who likes to see post accident results on their cars.

Let me start by saying I really believe the Braptor saved my life today. I had to wrestle like hell to keep from spiraling into 5 other vehicles, but I was run off the road by a fully loaded concrete truck today who decided to merge into my lane with no warning on a very crowded highway. The damage should have been a lot worse and I'm still completely stunned it's as intact as it is after what I experienced.

We tangoed for about 50ft while trying to stop before he finally won and I spun into the opposing lanes, when I finally came to a stop I got love tapped by a semi who was trying to stop. I really believe that most other vehicles I've owned would have put me right under that concrete truck and they'd still be cleaning me off the highway. Fortunately the driver admitted fault on the police report and was cited for failure to merge properly so that will hopefully save a couple headaches.

While I'm thankful to be alive, I'm pretty devastated for my truck. My kids might be more sad than I am. After waiting 2.5 years, we only got about 7 months together and I loved every single mile. Was just looking forward to that first fall weather 😔.

If anyone has any advice for how to navigate this with the driver's insurance, please don't hesitate to reach out as I've never been in this situation. I'm quite mixed on whether or not I'd accept a repair (which seems highly unlikely anyway) given the Carfax report is gonna be ugly as hell...versus just totaling it and trying again in another 3 years.

Stuff can be replaced. Life is short. Hug your kids.

Now queue the comments about "safer ways to get rid of your ugly fenders" 😅

Screenshot_20230821_165330_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20230821_165315_Gallery.jpg

20230821_123606.jpg

20230821_123618.jpg

20230821_123541.jpg

Screenshot_20230821_165315_Gallery.jpg

So very happy that you made it... But now I have to poke a little bit of fun.

Are you sure that won't buff out?
Did you wax it?
You do know that you are supposed to go over the obstacles, not be the obstacle.

Seriously glad you didn't get crushed. That BRaptor clearly gave it up to save you!

BTW, I would absolutely buy the salvage back from the insurance company and turn it into a no holds barred off-roader.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This happened over 9 hours ago and I'm buzzing still on an adrenaline high. Blood pressure was 187/89 when the paramedics arrived. It finally came down about 4 hours later. I agree on the other driver, he was super nice and I feel terrible about the situation for him, but it was completely avoidable. He literally said to me "I saw you coming clear as day, I just thought you were a lot further away than you were". He literally put that in his statement to the police so I'm expecting this to be pretty open and shut.

Definitely sore as hell but I'm counting my blessings. The last thing I remember before I came to a stop was the vehicle trying to fishtail, and as I was diagonal seeing three semis coming right at me. I was able to wrestle it back straight otherwise I probably would have been human toothpaste as they would have had no room to pass and no time to fully stop.

Ironically, I am not so new to this situation. I own a commercial property that gets hit fairly often. It's gotten to the point where I don't even go through my insurance anymore. I called them anyway as this is the first time I've been involved in a vehicular accident, and they basically suggested the same thing you just said.

My biggest concern in all of this is if they can actually repair it, will the repair be acceptable? I'm never going to get that off off of the Carfax history, and I'm personally concerned about any underlying damage that might not be found or repaired properly but doesn't rear its head for several thousand miles.
So having owned more than one vehicle that got totalled (mostly thanks to my ex), I used to look at it this way... It's pre-disastered... The statistical likelihood of another disaster for that vehicle is extremely low... I have never had a vehicle that was totalled twice!

etmccaus86

Base
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Wow. I'm so glad you all are OK.

This hits a little close to home as I was run off the road three days ago by a semi driver who insisted on occupying my lane at the same time I was in it. Thankful for having runoff in that case; another 1000 feet along there wouldn't have been.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Same situation for me. July 2020 resev got my truck 12.24.22. Then accident in May 2023. 10 cops were chasing a guy in a truck that hit me. 24k in damage. 2022 WT 2.7 2 Dr. Happened in May. Let insurance do their thing. Especially if fault is noted on report. My repair looks like six months because of no parts. Have a rental until it fixed, all covered. I have had no issues, smoothest process I've even been in. Just call your insurance and get process started and let them do what needs to be done. I don't care about Carfax because I plan to keep it way longer than any resale will matter. I love my truck and can't wait to get it back. Reach out with any questions.
Still, you are without your vehicle for 6 months (unless they rented you something equivalent)... I do agree that when properly repaired a vehicle can be every bit as good as it was before the accident (provided you have a really great shop on it). My 1995 and 1999 Miatas were every bit as good after the repair despite the fact that they were definitely at the 50/50 point of dump/repair.

The shop quality makes a huge difference.

Sponsored

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
as I sit here with a tens unit on a compressed nerve in my neck from a motorcycle accident when I was 25. I’m 49 and it didn’t appear until about three years ago. My neck hurt, but I rubbed some dirt on it.

live and learn
Yeah, Motorcycle accident also. 40 years later. Another trauma to the same area. Screwed...

topdawg4ever

Raptor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Raptor, F150, AT4 Yukon
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Glad you are ok, and nobody was hurt. Call an attorney, and do not start any settlement stuff with the insurance agent. Gather as much info as you have, photos, witnesses, etc, and do it now while it's all fresh.

Sorry this happened.

Atomic Betty

Black Diamond
First Name
Abi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Holy cannoli are you blessed, how many angels are passed out sweating thier rear off from saving you!!!! That’s just amazing that you came out so good, thank the good Lord tonight and as many others have said give your loved ones an extra big hug too 😉 jeepers! Glad it came out so good, so sad for the bronco though 🥺 Don’t worry about replacing it, the people who order soonest seem to get built sooner…..🤔🤨

Bronkytonkman

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GMC AT4 Pickup
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have the exact same truck man. Glad you are ok and it held up well. You should be able to find another one pretty easy I'd say. I actually got mine off the lot after canceling 2 1st day WT orders because of the delays.

Sponsored

Jruta

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A51 Bronco 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Base
WOW! Happy to hear you’re ok. Your Bronco did a good job protecting you. She sacrificed herself and that’s ok, you can get “her” back again, human lives don’t work that way unfortunately.

Fivefingerheist

Badlands
First Name
FFH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands, 4-D, Non-SAS, 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Used to work for an insurance company. Granted I worked on the engineering side of insurance so I know nothing about insurance itself, BUT I made a lot of friends along the way who taught me more about insurance than I care to know.

This is a job for your insurance company and the other driver's insurance company to handle. Lots of people will suggest to involve a lawyer, but WAY too early for that at this stage. Let the insurance companies figure it out, and if you are unhappy after the dust settles... THEN you can visit the idea of involving a lawyer.

Glad you're alright!! That looked like a wild ride.
Just got mine back after being 'repaired' for 104 days. At the 90-day mark we started threatening a lawyer. Mostly due to incompetence in communication between the insurance company & the repair facility. That will probably be the most annoying part of the process. My wife was calling the adjuster literally every day (and at one point 25 times in one day because he would not pick up :ROFLMAO: ). Also, make sure it goes to a trusted repair shop. The one I sent it to ended up scuffing and scratching my trunk space and door cards.

helifino16

Wildtrak
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Challenger, 2007 FLHTC "Classic"
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ford Bronco Bronco Raptor Accident w/ Concrete Truck -- Aftermath. Thankful to be alive! TisButA Scratch

Looks like it might just buff out. (sorry, couldn't resist)

Tacanta14

Black Diamond
First Name
Wasichu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond 4 Door 2.3 MT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Posting this as a bit of a vent but also for anyone who likes to see post accident results on their cars.

Let me start by saying I really believe the Braptor saved my life today. I had to wrestle like hell to keep from spiraling into 5 other vehicles, but I was run off the road by a fully loaded concrete truck today who decided to merge into my lane with no warning on a very crowded highway. The damage should have been a lot worse and I'm still completely stunned it's as intact as it is after what I experienced.

We tangoed for about 50ft while trying to stop before he finally won and I spun into the opposing lanes, when I finally came to a stop I got love tapped by a semi who was trying to stop. I really believe that most other vehicles I've owned would have put me right under that concrete truck and they'd still be cleaning me off the highway. Fortunately the driver admitted fault on the police report and was cited for failure to merge properly so that will hopefully save a couple headaches.

While I'm thankful to be alive, I'm pretty devastated for my truck. My kids might be more sad than I am. After waiting 2.5 years, we only got about 7 months together and I loved every single mile. Was just looking forward to that first fall weather 😔.

If anyone has any advice for how to navigate this with the driver's insurance, please don't hesitate to reach out as I've never been in this situation. I'm quite mixed on whether or not I'd accept a repair (which seems highly unlikely anyway) given the Carfax report is gonna be ugly as hell...versus just totaling it and trying again in another 3 years.

Stuff can be replaced. Life is short. Hug your kids.

Now queue the comments about "safer ways to get rid of your ugly fenders" 😅

Ford Bronco Bronco Raptor Accident w/ Concrete Truck -- Aftermath. Thankful to be alive! TisButA Scratch

I got sideswiped in my 2021 Chevy Trail Boss by a garbage truck going to the gym where I worked for a meeting the first day of Covid lockdowns, and their commercial insurance agent was great and handled everything! Glad that you're OK, and that was a sweet ride, but now you'll get a new one!

sniffHound

First Name
W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Glad you are OK. Good job Braptor. Windex could help repair this. I mean the car is not important, again glad you are all safe.

Ford Bronco Bronco Raptor Accident w/ Concrete Truck -- Aftermath. Thankful to be alive! IMG_3496
Sponsored