Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Hi,

First dealer had their allocation pulled and canceled my order. Thankfully I found another dealer and I ordered again on 10/22 and after 3-4 production delays finally arrived to dealer this am!

Dealer has been saying no price protection on speciality vehicles and they ordered this one as a retail stock order so no private offer. Anything I can do?

I thought at least I would be protected from all 2023 increases? MSRP now 13k more.

Check out the pics and video coming off the truck

IMG_0972.jpeg

IMG_0974.jpeg

IMG_0979.jpeg

IMG_0978.jpeg

IMG_0977.jpeg

IMG_0976.jpeg

Sponsored

350vudu

Raptor
First Name
350vudu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350, 2019 Ducati V4S Corse
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Pretty much nothing you can. Either you are going to pay what they are asking or they will sell it to someone else. I wouldn’t be surprised if they are already fielding offers from other customers and trying to sell it to someone else already.

OP
OP

Whocares

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Pretty much nothing you can. Either you are going to pay what they are asking or they will sell it to someone else. I wouldn’t be surprised if they are already fielding offers from other customers and trying to sell it to someone else already.
They have been pretty straight forward with me so I doubt it but sure they will sell it in a heart beat if I dont pick up. I plan to pick up Wednesday.

They had a Raptor R about 2 weeks ago (they were calling around offering it) for 30k over msrp for someone who backed out.

Last edited:

23_Badlands

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 2d SAS 7sp(AB) Hi Tow Modular Hoop
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wow, sweet! That 4dr SAS to the left of the Raptor (on the hauler) looks downright sedate compared to that Raptor!

Good luck with your dealer negotiations!

Last edited:

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
911 Carrera S / 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Assuming your name was actually attached to the order from the dealer to Ford, Ford will reimburse the dealer for the price increases. If you also have this price on an executed (signed) paperwork (contract) between you and the dealer, they are legally obligated to honor it. If you don't have such a written agreement, whether or not they will give you this money as part of the deal or as a reimbursement later is, unfortunately, up to them.

If you do have a written agreement and they refuse, I suggest you insist that they honor the deal and that you know Ford will reimburse them. If you want to push really hard, threaten (and follow through) with a strongly worded warning from a lawyer. Best of luck, keep us posted.

Last edited:

Sponsored

ckelly33

Raptor
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Toyota Land Cruiser, 2017 F150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
What was your build date? Still waiting in mine!

OP
OP

Whocares

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Assuming your name was actually attached to the order from the dealer to Ford, Ford will reimburse the dealer for the price increases. If you also have this price on an executed (signed) paperwork (contract) between you and the dealer, they are legally obligated to honor it. If you don't have such a written agreement, whether or not they will give you this money as part of the deal or as a reimbursement later is, unfortunately, up to them.

If you do have a written agreement and they refuse, I suggest you insist that they honor the deal and that you know Ford will reimburse them. If you want to push really hard, threaten (and follow through) with a strongly worded warning from a lawyer. Best of luck, keep us posted.
My name was NOT attached to the order.

I am trying to understand if Ford will reimburse the dealer for price increases given no name on order.

Also from what date will Ford reimburse them?

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
911 Carrera S / 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I am trying to understand if Ford will reimburse the dealer for price increases given no name on order.
Reasonably sure Ford will not reimburse under this situation. Sorry for ya!

ckelly33

Raptor
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Build was pushed about 3-4 times but see below. When did you place your order?

Screenshot 2023-07-08 at 4.10.58 PM.png
Well dang. Mine was “in production” 5/4 and I'm STILL waiting. Both my dealer and the 800# people at ford said it has exited production but still, the attached pic was from today (7/9). It’s been 8-9 weeks and it hasn’t shipped. Yours entered production and we to your dealer in 3 weeks! Ridiculous.
Ford Bronco Bronco Raptor Arrived- No price protection- Pics and video inside IMG_0238

Last edited:

Sponsored

5PC24

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
My name was NOT attached to the order.

Also from what date will Ford reimburse them?
Unfortunately, Ford won't. The Price Protection only applies for orders where the name on the order matches the purchaser. If the order wasn't in your name then no retail price protection. Sorry, that really sucks.

ATXGuy

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RSQ8
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I don't think it is possible if you didn't leverage a special program or an original order. Since the dealer said this is their stock, it might as well be on the showroom floor.

Slickace1500

Badlands
First Name
Garan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too many to list. Here 2dr badlands & Raptor 1/23
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The other part of the equation is: date the price the dealer pays is when it’s actually put into production, so the increases already happened.

Given your build date it is what it is…..

Mine was actually “built” 3/16 but shipped 7/1 I missed the second increase but got stuck with the first because build date. Also like anything it’s if your dealer is willing to pass it on…

ckelly33

Raptor
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I've mentioned this before but mine was originally built as a 22 with 22 pricing but was wrecked somehow between production and delivery. Now I'm waiting on a 23 that went into production on 5/4 with a $16k increase over my original 22. PLUS I'm apparently stuck in the seatbelt recall.

Ridiculous.

I say all of that to say that I'm hoping Ford sells at my original price because my experience has been unfortunate to say the least

FatThunder84

Raptor
First Name
Erick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
92 Dodge Ram W250, 2022 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Pretty sure all of the BRaptors rolling off the line will be at the 23 price point, minimal price protection, if any.

I would have to walk away if they bumped my msrp 16k just because of their delays.
Sponsored