First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2021 Bronco Badlands 68 GTA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
From what I have read and seen, most of the "breaking" of the tie rods has been when people lock up the front and start trying to steer the vehicle up rocks. The break comes from the binding of the system. Talking to very experienced off-roaders, I was told that when you pick your path, go straight, or not to engage the front lockers unless you have a need, and then go straight without twisting back and forth.

With all that said, I will still upgrade my rods to the fabtech ones, also I doubt that I will get into any type of hardcore crawling or rocks here in S. FL, but as they say, it's better to have than have not. Since the Braptor already has an upgraded rack, I think it may be fine even on the 40's I guess we will find out through this @DentonDreamMaker content :)
Sponsored

Jdyount

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Everyone said the same thing when I put 37s on my Outerbanks & I went off road al the time with no issues.
Guess only time will tell.
I think you'll be fine with light wheeling but you will run into issues if you do any harder stuff. I'm not worried so much about the steering or the CVs with the B-Raptor (being wider you get better angles). The gears or axle shafts are going to be what breaks. Too much power and too much rotational mass. I watched a guy in a hemi swapped JK on 40's pop a rear axle shaft on a Dana 44 like it was nothing a few weeks ago.

I'm running 37's on my Badlands. Would love to go to 40s but I'm going to wait until I can afford portals (which takes to load off of the axle's internals, among other things).

Turbo yzel

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Website says 104 lbs per tire
Don’t know wheel weight
Interesting to see how time will treat the axle n bearings, ball joints, etc 🤞

Breptar

Raptor
First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Website says 104 lbs per tire
Don’t know wheel weight
Interesting to see how time will treat the axle n bearings, ball joints, etc 🤞

toyo and nitro are my tire of choice, but unfortunately the tires weight is what swayed me away from them for the braptor.

Broncotrax

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Bronco, '17 Superduity, '22 Badsquatch, CR 250R
Your Bronco Model
Badlands