First Name
Garan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too many to list. Here 2dr badlands & Raptor 1/23
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Curious if you ever tried the 40’s to see how they fit or if they would.
Sponsored

Tye

Raptor
First Name
Tye
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche GT3, Range Rover P525, Audi Etron Chronos
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Curious if you ever tried the 40’s to see how they fit or if they would.
Would love to know if 40s clear with collars, especially given the 39 Ko2 is on a nationwide backorder with no ETA. Ive talked to all the big tire places, no one knows when they will be back and rumors of the Ko3 are just that, rumors.

derichio02

Raptor
First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Raptor, Bronco Wildtrak, Maverick, Tesla M3
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Would love to know if 40s clear with collars, especially given the 39 Ko2 is on a nationwide backorder with no ETA. Ive talked to all the big tire places, no one knows when they will be back and rumors of the Ko3 are just that, rumors.
I’ve been thinking of going with Ridge Grappler 38’s but damn are they heavy for a C Rated Tire! 82lbs vs 65lbs stock.

I guess I saved 10lbs on my wheels so really only a 7lb difference

Slickace1500

Badlands
First Name
Garan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too many to list. Here 2dr badlands & Raptor 1/23
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The bfg’s are supposedly going to be ready to go at the start of second quarter

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Lite Brite announced they will run portals with 40s soon.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Obiwan

Obiwan

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Don't care to share personal info
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Going to be one ruthlessly wide platform. I was enjoying them pushing the limits of the stock setup, more 'real world' but portals are interesting, if you only plan to use it offroad.

FLSTFI Dave

Raptor
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Grand Sport, Carbon 65, 2017 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I was wanting to see more of what they could do with a stock raptor.

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
911 Carrera S / 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I was wanting to see more of what they could do with a stock raptor.
Me too.

However, they need views, period, in large part to pay for the huge ADM they paid on the rig.

Regardless, good content, drivers and rigs.

TheBraptor

Raptor
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Raptor 1972 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Going to be one ruthlessly wide platform. I was enjoying them pushing the limits of the stock setup, more 'real world' but portals are interesting, if you only plan to use it offroad.
Yes portals will make it extremally wide and will drastically change the suspension they will need to change out spring rates that will be a lot of leverage on the IFS. Its not like throwing portals on a straight axle.

Tye

Raptor
First Name
Tye
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche GT3, Range Rover P525, Audi Etron Chronos
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Update for those of us looking for 39s, its not looking good at all.

Discount/America Tire ran a nationwide check for me.

I checked all our nation wide stores and no stock is available. For good measure I reached out to BFG directly, and they to are sold out. The CSR I spoke with said they do not have a planned production date for replacement 39x13.50R-17 KO2 inventory, which unfortunately means no ETA. I also checked secondary suppliers and same result, no stock available - my apologies for the less than favorable news!

I also called tire rack directly today, and they told me their 3/24/23 estimate on their website is not real and it will be delayed as they were told the same thing by BFG.

So the decision now is what comes with going to a 40"
- will a re-gear be needed
- will it cause significant strain on the axles with that much additional weight of the tire
- will a MT tire instead of an AT tire be horrendous when Im in Tahoe snow (fwiw KO2 did well)

Sponsored

TheBraptor

Raptor
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Raptor 1972 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Update for those of us looking for 39s, its not looking good at all.

Discount/America Tire ran a nationwide check for me.

I checked all our nation wide stores and no stock is available. For good measure I reached out to BFG directly, and they to are sold out. The CSR I spoke with said they do not have a planned production date for replacement 39x13.50R-17 KO2 inventory, which unfortunately means no ETA. I also checked secondary suppliers and same result, no stock available - my apologies for the less than favorable news!

I also called tire rack directly today, and they told me their 3/24/23 estimate on their website is not real and it will be delayed as they were told the same thing by BFG.

So the decision now is what comes with going to a 40"
- will a re-gear be needed
- will it cause significant strain on the axles with that much additional weight of the tire
- will a MT tire instead of an AT tire be horrendous when Im in Tahoe snow (fwiw KO2 did well)

I would just run the 39" KM3 or switch to the Nitto 38" ridge grappler basically same size height wise as the BFG 39" KO2. Also Falken makes a 38" X 13.50 X 17 wildpeak RT again basically same height as BFG KO2.

derichio02

Raptor
First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Raptor, Bronco Wildtrak, Maverick, Tesla M3
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I would just run the 39" KM3 or switch to the Nitto 38" ridge grappler basically same size height wise as the BFG 39" KO2. Also Falken makes a 38" X 13.50 X 17 wildpeak RT again basically same height as BFG KO2.
Do you think the 38” Ridge Grappler would fit with 1.5” collars on both the front and the back?

MSparks909

Badlands
First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford F-250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As someone that runs 40s & KMC Beadlocks on a fully built 392 on 1 ton axles…I’d strongly discourage them on a BRaptor. Stick to 38s or 39” BFGs at most. 38” Ridge Grapplers should be very close in size to 39” KO2s under the vehicle. And Ridge Grapplers are a way better tire IMO. They’re load range C as well.

Honestly I’d throw true 37s on a BRaptor (37” BFGs run small) and call it good. Tons of great options for good 37s. 40s are very heavy and I don’t think they’re well suited for IFS. You will be going through balljoints, braking performance will go down, handling will go down, it’ll kill the sportiness of the BRaptor, they’re annoying to balance, etc.