Sponsored

Bronco Raptor Or F150 Raptor R? Which One You Picking?

Bronco Raptor Or F150 Raptor R?

• Total voters

06viper

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Raptor, 2021 Mclaren 765LT, 1965 Shelby Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So with the first batch of customer F150 Raptor R's being rolled off the assembly line this month, I thought it would be fun to hear peoples opinions on which vehicle they would pick if allocations, ADM, availability, etc wasn't an issue. On the second hand market, currently the Bronco Raptor realistically sells for $115k-135k (those are real world numbers, not outrageous Mecum Auction prices lol). 95% of Raptor R allocations have ADM on them but the range in price is going to be pretty similar to the Bronco Raptor. So if both vehicles are pretty close in price, and allocations and availability wasn't an issue, which one you going with? Each one has major advantages and disadvantages over the other. Obviously the 700hp V8 from the R is quite different compared to the Bronco Raptor horsepower wise lol, but that doesn't necessarily make it better than a Bronco Raptor overall. So lets hear peoples thoughts on which one they would pick and why!

Side note, I have both ordered as I am sure some on here do as well. Avalanche Grey for the R and Azure Grey for the Braptor.
Sponsored

LethalPerformance

Raptor
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lethalperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 First Edtion 2.7L / 2020 Shelby GT500 CF
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Gonna have one of each so I choose both. lol. Stay tuned!!

FLSTFI Dave

Raptor
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Grand Sport, Carbon 65, 2017 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Can only have one, so its Bronco Raptor.

dan79

Big Bend
First Name
dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 f250
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I want both but don't think I could swing it so I will stick with my old 250 and my BB
if price wasn't an issue id keep my BB and trade the 250 for the 150 raptor just seems like that would be more of a fun vehicle and the bronco would be the daily

Sponsored

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The Raptor F 150 hands down. Why? Because it is an awesome machine that isn’t ugly.

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

If I could afford it, I'd have a Raptor R. Either way, you get to look down on lesser model peasants.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don’t give a hoot about pickup trucks unless it has a diesel engine in it. Probably makes me un-American since the F-150 is almost as American as Apple pie, but… meh.

So Bronco Raptor I guess.

ironmike

Raptor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I don’t give a hoot about pickup trucks unless it has a diesel engine in it. Probably makes me un-American since the F-150 is almost as American as Apple pie, but… meh.

So Bronco Raptor I guess.
Kind of in the same camp. Plus I have a Warthog on the way.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I have a friend getting a F150 R, we can swap driving experiences.

monsterfd

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 raptor widebody 37s, 2018 raptor 2018 JKU 35s
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I dont need the speed and power of an R, I just need to be more capable than an f150 raptor (any flavor), and the braptor brings that capability.

I have had a gen1 and have gen 2 raptor as weekend warriors, for me the R is cool and all but far from practical for me as much as I want to drive and bash them hard. Ive never felt any raptor lacking in power in the dirt and at that price point the R just crosses the line enough to discourage hard play. the braptor ( I have one too) for me meets or beats f150 raptors in every performance category, and is a better balance to where I feel comfortable taking it out where I would feel discouraged due to price on an R. looking forward to those that will actually drive an R past the limitations of the 3.5 ecoboost, for most owners i predict the R is going to just be a street queen.
Sponsored